Original post by Lucarious30
Yes. accounting can be very beneficial!

Have you had experience in this before?
Original post by HodorHodor
Have you had experience in this before?

yeah.
Original post by HodorHodor
For money

I do, deciding if I should get back into it!
Reply 6
If the question is considering earnings within the profession over say the next 30-40 years (a career) you do need to be mindful that like investments, past performance may not be a guide to the future.

Currently computers/ the internet are making the profession less labour intensive e.g., the government's making tax digital programme (MTD) will likely result in significant changes and whilst quarterly reporting will likely initially increase work, in the longer term AI may well start reducing human input and involvement, once everything is digital the scope for AI increases massively.

In additions whilst currently there is limited pressures from overseas accountancy providers ( in low cost countries) into the UK SME marketplace, their offerings will increase and I would expect further price pressure on fees which may curtail future earnings.(There is already a slight race to the bottom re fee levels, this will impact earnings)

However I expect this trend will not just impact accountants, I suspect AI will make inroads over time into other professions, accordingly if you are starting out now you ought to consider where your chosen occupation/ profession might be in 10,20,30 years.
Reply 7
Yes the pay is very good, I heard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending