The Student Room Group

Is this bad, sent this drunk

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chikane
She is 15 though 2 years is an acceptable age gap but not when someone is under 16 plus she sounds immature don't think she can handle a relationship.

well she's sixteen 3 months after I am 18
Original post by Anonymous
well she's sixteen 3 months after I am 18

You're aware that sleeping with her would be illegal right? Even after she turns 16 you could get arrested for grooming.

Just walk away, she's far too young and you should find someone your own age.
Original post by Elivercury
You're aware that sleeping with her would be illegal right? Even after she turns 16 you could get arrested for grooming.

Pretty sure it's not illegal if she's at the legal age?

It's only a two year age gap.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by A-LJLB
Pretty sure it's not illegal if she's at the legal age?

If you have a pre-existing relationship at 15 but wait until it's legal to have sex at 16 then it is my understanding you can potentially be charged on child grooming offenses.

I confess, I don't know exactly how likely this is, as I would imagine the spirit of the law is to prevent much older men engaging in this behaviour. I certainly wouldn't risk it however.
Honestly you're so pretty and I like everything about you, your hair, voice, looks and how sweet you are..honestly I want to get to know you better.Like I would treat you as a princess and I fell you're special and I've never said that to anyone, I just want to put my arms around you and pick you up :smile:

is that bad, sweet, or what?

Hmm... Depends how close you were to the girl in question. Coming from an acquitance/ work colleague or a friend it's a bit vomit inducing. Coming from a boyfriend it's more acceptable
If you have a pre-existing relationship at 15 but wait until it's legal to have sex at 16 then it is my understanding you can potentially be charged on child grooming offenses.

I confess, I don't know exactly how likely this is, as I would imagine the spirit of the law is to prevent much older men engaging in this behaviour. I certainly wouldn't risk it however.

I'm not an expert either, but my understanding is there has to be as certain age gap, certainly greater than two years. I have dated two people two years older than me, one when I was 14 and one when I was 16
Original post by A-LJLB
I'm not an expert either, but my understanding is there has to be as certain age gap, certainly greater than two years. I have dated two people two years older than me, one when I was 14 and one when I was 16

And I knew a guy at school who when 16/17 was prosecuted for dating a 15/16 year old girl when the relationship went sour and she decided to report him to the police.

I would not be touching it with a barge pole.
And I knew a guy at school who when 16/17 was prosecuted for dating a 15/16 year old girl when the relationship went sour and she decided to report him to the police.

I would not be touching it with a barge pole.

Well if they're that immature they shouldn't be in a relationship haha. But yes, if she was underage then that can happen, however if it's a 16 year old and 18 year old, I don't think there would be a problem
Original post by A-LJLB
Well if they're that immature they shouldn't be in a relationship haha. But yes, if she was underage then that can happen, however if it's a 16 year old and 18 year old, I don't think there would be a problem

We don't know when he turns 18, but even if it is tomorrow, she will not be 16 for at least 3 months.

Honestly, I'm unsure why you're encouraging him, it's a terrible idea, particularly as her primary use for him at the moment is buying her booze...
We don't know when he turns 18, but even if it is tomorrow, she will not be 16 for at least 3 months.

Honestly, I'm unsure why you're encouraging him, it's a terrible idea, particularly as her primary use for him at the moment is buying her booze...

I'm not encouraging him, I haven't even read his post. I'm simply saying it isn't illegal if someone is of legal age, in general :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
I'm not encouraging him, I haven't even read his post. I'm simply saying it isn't illegal if someone is of legal age, in general :smile:

Again, "in general" referring to meeting someone when they are 16. Grooming a 15 year old is something of a different matter.

I'd argue even we she 16 though, he probably shouldn't be trying to date someone two years younger than him at this age, there is a huge maturity gap.
Again, "in general" referring to meeting someone when they are 16. Grooming a 15 year old is something of a different matter.

I'd argue even we she 16 though, he probably shouldn't be trying to date someone two years younger than him at this age, there is a huge maturity gap.

Oh gosh.

I am simply saying a 16 year old girl and an 18 year old boy having sex is not illegal.

That is all.
Original post by A-LJLB
Oh gosh.

I am simply saying a 16 year old girl and an 18 year old boy having sex is not illegal.

That is all.

And again, this is not necessarily true in all circumstances. Particularly not this one.
And again, this is not necessarily true in all circumstances. Particularly not this one.

I was unaware you changed the law, I apologise
friend sort of, like she'll flirt with me so idk if a proper friend or what, though I am not like a close friend.
Reply 75
BETA radiation at dangerous levels EVACUATE

I don't want to sleep with her(well I do,but I wouldn't) I am pretty sure I wouldn't get in any trouble unless she hated me and reported me but I never say anything sexual...I don't for that reason. I just sort of fell in love with her as I hung out with her :smile:
The booze isn't for her, a friend of hers wants it but I said no anyway.
Honestly you're so pretty and I like everything about you, your hair, voice, looks and how sweet you are..honestly I want to get to know you better.Like I would treat you as a princess and I fell you're special and I've never said that to anyone, I just want to put my arms around you and pick you up :smile:

is that bad, sweet, or what?

If a guy said that to me sober first reaction would be bleughhh. That's just me though I hate all that sentimental crap if I don't even properly know that person. But if it was a guy I knew and I kinda liked then I wouldn't really mind it but it does get kinda sickening when you start with the whole princess thing. Yeah if someone said I would treat you like a princess I would laugh in their face.
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
If a guy said that to me sober first reaction would be bleughhh. That's just me though I hate all that sentimental crap if I don't even properly know that person. But if it was a guy I knew and I kinda liked then I wouldn't really mind it but it does get kinda sickening when you start with the whole princess thing. Yeah if someone said I would treat you like a princess I would laugh in their face.

yeah I don't know if she does, although she was reading through my friends chat that he sent to his gf calling her a princess and stuff and all this other mushy stuff and she said awwww and liked it, so hopefully she liked it lol, she probably knew i was drunk anyway
yeah I don't know if she does, although she was reading through my friends chat that he sent to his gf calling her a princess and stuff and all this other mushy stuff and she said awwww and liked it, so hopefully she liked it lol, she probably knew i was drunk anyway

Yeah reading over the other stuff you said you said to her face I don't think you would call her a princess and crap when you're sober but correct me if I'm wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending