Edexcel IGCSE History Paper 2 14th of June

Scroll to see replies

Thank you
anyone doing arab israeli and russia?
Reply 22
Original post by RandomStudent66
The two 15 markers that have come up were
How far did hospital treatment change in the years 1845-1918
How far were the two World Wars responsible for changes in medical treatment inthe years 1900–45?

and based on the other questions on the past two papers I would predict that these parts of the specification would come up
Elizabeth Garrett and the progress of women in medicine.
Influence of the two world wars on the role of womenin medicine.

Impact of cholera. The work of Chadwick and Snow and public health reform inthe nineteenth century: The Public Health Acts of 1848 and 1875 and theirimpact. Liberal measures 1906-11.

I just hope the role of women doesnt come up at all in medicine paper, hoping for changes in disease like pasteur and ehrlich etc
Reply 23
Original post by ekisompo
What do you reckon is most likely for medicine then?

I would say public health 1900-45 would be very likely to come up
Okay, thank you. I feel women, disease and surgery are also likely
Reply 25
Okay, thank you. I feel women, disease and surgery are also likely

i would actually cry if women came up...
I hate Elizabeth Garrett Anderson
Talk about Nightingale and War. I read a model answer and it talked about how the expansion of hospitals and more disease outside of hospitals like in rural areas meant more nurses were needed.
what do you reckon for 1920s america?
For America I'm thinking it'll be The economic boom - one of the industries, Leisure or Civil Rights

America is usually one topic centered as it is a source paper.
Last year it was prohibition and the year before it was the red scare so the 3 above have not come up yet.
Reply 29
For America I'm thinking it'll be The economic boom - one of the industries, Leisure or Civil Rights

Last year it was prohibition and the year before it was the red scare so the 3 above have not come up yet.

they might also asked about the role of women, like they did in the specimen paper
Reply 30
Talk about Nightingale and War. I read a model answer and it talked about how the expansion of hospitals and more disease outside of hospitals like in rural areas meant more nurses were needed.

is the expansion of hospitals the work of Nightingale?
Yeah, her notes on hospitals in 1862, and her work in Scutari and like how she made them a much greater standard.

But, what I mean is as how anaesthetics improved so there could be more complex surgeries so more women were needed to help out within thin the hospitals(operating theatres)

I feel like it could also be forms of intolerance- blacks, women, and against lifestyle(prohibition)
Hey guys. what do you think might come in french revolution and un and league of nations?? i'd appreciate any replies! i do igcse edexcel.
Reply 34
Original post by Ranveen Pandhal
Hey guys. what do you think might come in french revolution and un and league of nations?? i'd appreciate any replies! i do igcse edexcel.

sorry i dont do those topics, but good luck for tomorrow!!
Reply 35
I feel like it could also be forms of intolerance- blacks, women, and against lifestyle(prohibition)

i just hope its a reasonable paper...
Original post by rcmack
sorry i dont do those topics, but good luck for tomorrow!!

Thank you!!! 😊☺️ and good luck too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
good luck everyone! may Edexcel be ever in your favour....
Reply 38
Original post by rcmack
i would actually cry if women came up...
I hate Elizabeth Garrett Anderson

yay lucky me!
Reply 39
looking for 3 inferences from the kid at the water fountain like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending