The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FemaleBo55
I know exactly how you feel!!!
Tomorrow in the morning I have a psychology exam and I just started proper revision last night and then I have just 1hr to revise for chemistry last minute and that unit 4 too!!!

It just sucks that they had to put 2 A2 exams on the same day the fact that they both are 2hrs!!!! :frown:

Just go through the spec today and bullet point 6 point for A01 and 6 for A02 that's what I'm doing rn I don't have time to read everything 😭

Literally so scared!!!

But we can do this!!! You know your stuff looking at how much you contributed to the thread!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!! And thanks

The 6 ao1 6 ao2 thing.. I'm gona be doin that in my french exam :lol: ill have 1.5 hrs spare so on the "do not write on this page" page i will do it there hahah
Original post by psychemma
For the 2 studies and their ethical considerations could I use Loftus & Palmer and Yuille & Cutshall or do they have to be from AS?

No that's fine, as long as you have ~4 ethical points and a way in which each could be improved
Same as me! Unit 4 chem in the afternoon, looking forward to that though, just afraid the psych exam will go terribly and ill carry that momentum through to the chem exam👎👎
Original post by rileystringer1
No

I was wondering because this question came up June 2010,

'Within the Psychodynamic Approach you learned about the study by Freud(1909) into the case of Little Hans who had a phobia of horses. In thisstudy, Hans’s father wrote to Freud to tell him the content of Hans’sdreams and his interviews with his child. Freud then analysed thisinformation.Evaluate this study in terms of validity issues.'

It's asking to evaluate Little Hans, but I guess you could just evaluate dream analysis? I wouldn't be able to link it back to the study, as I hated this study and cant remember anything about it now!
Original post by lillyjox
I was wondering because this question came up June 2010,

'Within the Psychodynamic Approach you learned about the study by Freud(1909) into the case of Little Hans who had a phobia of horses. In thisstudy, Hans’s father wrote to Freud to tell him the content of Hans’sdreams and his interviews with his child. Freud then analysed thisinformation.Evaluate this study in terms of validity issues.'

It's asking to evaluate Little Hans, but I guess you could just evaluate dream analysis? I wouldn't be able to link it back to the study, as I hated this study and cant remember anything about it now!

Ok so it doesnt say in the spec specifically about learning AS material (other than key issues), but it's just assumed that you will remember key, key studies like Freud and Milgram
Ok so it doesnt say in the spec specifically about learning AS material (other than key issues), but it's just assumed that you will remember key, key studies like Freud and Milgram

its because they give you a little description of the study and want you to evluate it from that
It's probably been asked before but don't have the time to go through every post and check, we don't have to know the definitions of the 5 types of schizophrenia do we? Only have a general knowledge of them???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarceyKuypers
It's probably been asked before but don't have the time to go through every post and check, we don't have to know the definitions of the 5 types of schizophrenia do we? Only have a general knowledge of them???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope :smile:

Ive learnt the names of 2, catatonic and paranoid, to use as a feature point,

'Many different types of schizophrenia, for example...'

But you don't need anything more!
Original post by lillyjox
Nope :smile:

Ive learnt the names of 2, catatonic and paranoid, to use as a feature point,

'Many different types of schizophrenia, for example...'

But you don't need anything more!

Thank you!!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What studies would you guys use for an ethnocentrism essay? :s-smilie:
Reply 590
Has anyone got any predictions for the exam tomorrow on both clinical and issues and debates. Thanks
Reply 591
Original post by harrietaa

You could talk about Ainsworth and compare the views she might have had while observing families in Uganda compared to the families she observed in the USA

No you do need to remember compulsory studies and experiments because the conference we went to the edexcel psychology examiner said that we must be able to evaluate it and suggest improvements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FemaleBo55
No you do need to remember compulsory studies and experiments because the conference we went to the edexcel psychology examiner said that we must be able to evaluate it and suggest improvements

Posted from TSR Mobile

what about for research methods?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
what about for research methods?

For I&D research method you don't need to know AS unless you want to. I've provided a checklist for unit 4 earlier in the thread it was based on what the examiner said I needed to do but some were the things I'm doing myself. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harrietaa

Ainsworth for strange situation and attachment types

Malgady for interpretation of hearing voices

Don't necessarily need studies. Can use culture bound syndromes etc
Ainsworth for strange situation and attachment types

Malgady for interpretation of hearing voices

Don't necessarily need studies. Can use culture bound syndromes etc

For cultural issues I have:

Morocco - mental illnesses are thought to be due to an evil spirit
Casas - blacks tend not to share personal info with othe races
Sue and Sue - Asian Americans tend not to talk about their emotions
Cinnerella - Black christians and Muslim pakistanis feel prayer alleviates depression

Is that enough? Or would i need something like Koro and Sharmans interpretation of schizphrenia as well
Who did that study that showed afro americans were more likely to be diagnosed with SZ and white people more likely to get diagnosed with mood disorders?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
For cultural issues I have:

Morocco - mental illnesses are thought to be due to an evil spirit
Casas - blacks tend not to share personal info with othe races
Sue and Sue - Asian Americans tend not to talk about their emotions
Cinnerella - Black christians and Muslim pakistanis feel prayer alleviates depression

Is that enough? Or would i need something like Koro and Sharmans interpretation of schizphrenia as well

That should be fine!!
That should be fine!!

Okay thanks, also for is psychology a science, would you talk about what makes something scientific? such as falsifiability quantitive data reliability, hypothesis writing etc.
Then for evaluation ill talk about the different approaches and whether they are scientific or not etc e.g. psychodynamic being the least scientific and bio being the most.
Then maybe a last paragraph on paradigm? And say how for psychololgy theres no paradigms compared to actual science.

Does that seem good? I havent had much time to prepare for this exam :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending