The Student Room Group

How much time should I spend on each section of the OCR English Literature A2 paper?

How much time should I spend on each section of the A2 OCR exam (section A and B....King Lear, Paradise Lost and The Rivals)? Also, how much time should i spend planning and deciding on which question I want to answer?
Well it's a two hour exam so an hour on each section - I try to limit myself to five minutes planning for each question but usually it won't take this long. It's better to spend a bit of time doing a rough plan rather than making it up as you go along though :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by elizahughes
Well it's a two hour exam so an hour on each section - I try to limit myself to five minutes planning for each question but usually it won't take this long. It's better to spend a bit of time doing a rough plan rather than making it up as you go along though :smile:

Great, thank you!
What kind of kings do you include in the rough plan?
Sorry I don't do the same plays as you so no idea :frown: but as a rough rule of thumb, I'd structure it more in terms of themes - depends on the question and play though! There's lots of people on here doing King Lear though if you search around
Reply 4
Sorry I don't do the same plays as you so no idea :frown: but as a rough rule of thumb, I'd structure it more in terms of themes - depends on the question and play though! There's lots of people on here doing King Lear though if you search around

Ok thanks ☺️
Reply 5

Hi Eliza, I was wondering if you do The Tempest, Wife of Bath and the Rivals? If so what would you recommend focussing on for the exam! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Imy Craig
Hi Eliza, I was wondering if you do The Tempest, Wife of Bath and the Rivals? If so what would you recommend focussing on for the exam! Thanks :smile:

I do The Tempest, Wife of Bath and Tis Pity She's a Whore, so I can give you some general ideas!

I'm concentrating more on characters within the Tempest, as I have been told there is always a character option, and concentrating more on prevalent themes for the comparison question - the next couple of days I will also look at stage/film adaptations, critics and context. My teacher told me that Section A is more about analysing quotes, and Section B is more about your argument and context. I think I'm also going to look at terminology when I'm revising quotes just to make sure I can present them well in the exam

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 7
I do The Tempest, Wife of Bath and Tis Pity She's a Whore, so I can give you some general ideas!

I'm concentrating more on characters within the Tempest, as I have been told there is always a character option, and concentrating more on prevalent themes for the comparison question - the next couple of days I will also look at stage/film adaptations, critics and context. My teacher told me that Section A is more about analysing quotes, and Section B is more about your argument and context. I think I'm also going to look at terminology when I'm revising quotes just to make sure I can present them well in the exam

Hope this helps :smile:

Ok, perfect! Thank you so much and good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending