The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gabrielealek
yeah definitely! the one with the trees was that the 2 marker suggest question on why they drop their leaves when there is a drought? if so i said they did to survive by conserving water or something

Thanks for the reassurance lol, i said they drop leaves meaning less water loss from transpiration meaning they survive in dry conditions by losing less water, have no clue about that one, but its similar to what you said so i think its along them lines
Original post by bar73
Anyone know the raw mark grade boundaries for further maths?

90/100 a*
80/100 A
70/100 b
etc etc for each paper, each worth 50%!!
Pretty high!
http://ccea.org.uk/sites/default/files/docs/qualifications/admin_help/results/june15/gcse_unit_level_uniform_mark_boundaries_summer_2015.pdf

They are Uniform Mark Boundaries
Oh oops, read it wrong. CCEA don't publish raw mark boundaries I don't think. The UMS changes every year according to the raw marks
Original post by chemnerd4life
They are Uniform Mark Boundaries

My further maths teacher told me that last year 36/100 was a C and 68/100 was an A. Although she doesn't know the exact boundaries as these are the marks that people got and the grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE Irish listening?
Original post by Rosierocks
GCSE Irish listening?

My teacher done it as we did and I think I got 31-33

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chemistrynerd13
My further maths teacher told me that last year 36/100 was a C and 68/100 was an A. Although she doesn't know the exact boundaries as these are the marks that people got and the grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

80 for A* would you say? And did they say if they were normal boundaries or high/low?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My further maths teacher said the same thing. 35% in the papers for a C, i think 60% (maybe a bit lower?) for a B and around 70% for an A.

Original post by Cluster1
80 for A* would you say? And did they say if they were normal boundaries or high/low?

I'd say 80-85%. Not sure though. I'm pretty sure those are normal boundaries, since looking at last years paper it seems like it was alright with only one or two hard questions in it. Have a look at it and take a look at the question of finding the area between the positive x-axis and the curve. It's so different from the normal way it blows my mind (the question with area = a^3 or something). One guy in the year above me got like 2nd place in NI for that exam, which absolutely amazes me. He also did get 11 A*s, so yeah.

Original post by nmeechan
any predictions for DAS chemistry u2 and history u2?

My teacher is adamant that China is going to come up one form or another. Just like how China's relationships with USSR and USA changed over time, how China-USSR was good at the start but then deteriorated later on and how USA-China relations got better during Detente. She really thinks there's gonna be an essay question on it and suggests we do little plans under different sub headings.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rosierocks
GCSE Irish listening?

I thought it went quite well! How did you find it?
Original post by GoNinty
My further maths teacher said the same thing. 35% in the papers for a C, i think 60% (maybe a bit lower?) for a B and around 70% for an A.

I'd say 80-85%. Not sure though. I'm pretty sure those are normal boundaries, since looking at last years paper it seems like it was alright with only one or two hard questions in it. Have a look at it and take a look at the question of finding the area between the positive x-axis and the curve. It's so different from the normal way it blows my mind (the question with area = a^3 or something). One guy in the year above me got like 2nd place in NI for that exam, which absolutely amazes me. He also did get 11 A*s, so yeah.

My teacher is adamant that China is going to come up one form or another. Just like how China's relationships with USSR and USA changed over time, how China-USSR was good at the start but then deteriorated later on and how USA-China relations got better during Detente. She really thinks there's gonna be an essay question on it and suggests we do little plans under different sub headings.

Yeah, we did that paper and there was a few bad ones. I had to ask her how on earth to do that area one. That's so cool that someone came 2nd in NI. I notice that simultaneous equations with 3 unknowns still haven't come up. Solving simultaneous equations using matrices haven't came up yet. I just hope they are setting a fair paper!!I am aiming for an A but I hope to scrape an A* if its a good paper. What are you aiming for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 771
Any essay // source predictions for history tomorrow? My teacher is saying that since the end of the cold war (detente) period is a new addition to the course, ccea will probably ask that! Anyone else any other suggestions? Im so nervous!!!
I just hope further maths papers are nice, because I can do decently in Unit 1 but Unit 2 I feel will pull me down... Fingers crossed the grade boundaries are low and there's nothing crazy on either paper! If 3 sim equations came up I might cry with happiness!!!!!
Reply 773
Please help! Did anyone do the GCSE CCEA Double Award Physics (P1) controlled assessment yet about mass and force etc? If so, what are some of the questions like? I do mines tomorrow. Please help!
Original post by ssor
Please help! Did anyone do the GCSE CCEA Double Award Physics (P1) controlled assessment yet about mass and force etc? If so, what are some of the questions like? I do mines tomorrow. Please help!

Are you talking about booklet B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
any predictions for physics unit 2??
Original post by MeganMcAlister
I thought it went quite well! How did you find it?

Didn't have a clue about the perfume one or the last one of the tv programmes
Original post by ckeys
Any essay // source predictions for history tomorrow? My teacher is saying that since the end of the cold war (detente) period is a new addition to the course, ccea will probably ask that! Anyone else any other suggestions? Im so nervous!!!

Source questions will PROBABLY be either Vietnam or Berlin Wall with the 16 marker as just an overview PROBABLY.
Original post by GoNinty

what the hell could u write for china thought eugh, like just about Zeadong etc. and how America needed them to threaten Vietnam? I mean i guess you could throw in Korea and how they feared the UN would attack them?

you see, my history teacher said it may be europe 1945-1961
Yeah, we did that paper and there was a few bad ones. I had to ask her how on earth to do that area one. That's so cool that someone came 2nd in NI. I notice that simultaneous equations with 3 unknowns still haven't come up. Solving simultaneous equations using matrices haven't came up yet. I just hope they are setting a fair paper!!I am aiming for an A but I hope to scrape an A* if its a good paper. What are you aiming for?

I'm aiming for an A. Pure is mostly good with me, but I tend to make silly mistakes and suck at forming equations (ie the wee dotes nursery question on last years paper). Paper 2 is my real let down. I suck at mechanics and statistics. Hopefully it isn't too bad of a paper. I got a B in my mocks, and I think I was something ridiculous like 1 UMS off of an A when my teacher worked it out. Hopefully I can push myself that bit more to get an A. Good luck on getting your A*!
Original post by nmeechan
what the hell could u write for china thought eugh, like just about Zeadong etc. and how America needed them to threaten Vietnam? I mean i guess you could throw in Korea and how they feared the UN would attack them?you see, my history teacher said it may be europe 1945-1961
yeah its about Mao Zedong and the Friendship Treaty, how everything was peachy between USSR-China at the beginning. Then their relationships deteriorated especially after Khrushchev came to power and badmouthed Stalin in his secret speech and began removing his influence. That angered China. Then there's just detente where USA-China relations and USA-USSR relations improved and all the agreement signings like SALT and stuff.Europe 1945-61 sounds nice actually, just Berlin Blockade, Airlift, Hungary and Berlin Wall. Good luck for tomorrow. Hope it goes well.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest