The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lyricalvibe
You use ninhydrin as your locating agent
Posted from TSR Mobile

The rest of the process the same?
Original post by lyricalvibe
You use ninhydrin as your locating agent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that F334 or 335 I've never seen that before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
F334 - an alternative you may have been taught is to use Iodine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Original post by RyanOsman
Can anyone explain the difference with TLC when its with amino acids?

you just use ninhydrin to locate spots instead of uv light
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys could you help with this question, doesn't the crystalline chain arrangement that make the polymer chains harder to slide over each other, not tangled? It is from 3 June 2014
Original post by RyanOsman
The rest of the process the same?

And you use paper chromatography for amino acids
Original post by kosvengali
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys could you help with this question, doesn't the crystalline chain arrangement that make the polymer chains harder to slide over each other, not tangled? It is from 3 June 2014

The question says PPO has a tangled arrangement so we have to use that info. And if they're tangled, they have less movement so it's harder to slide over each other
Does anyone know how many significant figures you round to if it says in the question "round to an appropriate number of significant figures". Thanks.
Original post by geor_thor
Does anyone know how many significant figures you round to if it says in the question "round to an appropriate number of significant figures". Thanks.

You have too look at the data in the question, and use whatever sig figs is the lowest given (usually two or three) - to do with answer can't be more accurate than the data blah blah
anyone else absolutely terrified? :biggrin:
I'm resitting this from last year, only two of us in the class this time round! Good old Salters kids
Original post by kidlikethat
You have too look at the data in the question, and use whatever sig figs is the lowest given (usually two or three) - to do with answer can't be more accurate than the data blah blah

So if it's 1.349 and it wants to 2sigfig = 1.3?

Just had a look at your theory and it works. Thanks you've saved me at least 2 marks between F334 and F335. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marli-Ruth
So if it's 1.349 and it wants to 2sigfig = 1.3?

Yes :smile:
Original post by Zuzuvela
Just had a look at your theory and it works. Thanks you've saved me at least 2 marks between F334 and F335. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahha that's okay!! Good luck :biggrin:
Ok - that makes sense. Thank you! 🙂
(edited 7 years ago)
anyone else absolutely terrified? :biggrin:
I'm resitting this from last year, only two of us in the class this time round! Good old Salters kids
I'm sooooo nervous about the exam tomorrow! 😧
Reply 136
Original post by geor_thor
I'm sooooo nervous about the exam tomorrow! 😧

Same. Who knows how mean Salters are going to decide to be this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thomith
Same. Who knows how mean Salters are going to decide to be this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Hopefully they'll be nice!
I'm a private candidate and my exam starts at 15:00 pm tomorrow, that is when it will finish for most students.
I'm resitting this paper and hoping salters are kind to us this year! :frown:

I remember it being quite heavy on the steel story and there was definitely a big marker about t.l.c so that shouldn't come up this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending