The Student Room Group

Is this the rudest thing?

Scroll to see replies

Hypocrisy is even worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You've had it easy if that's the rudest person you've come across.
Original post by Captain Jack
One of my biggest bug bears is rude people. There is absolutely no need for rudeness. It takes so little to use basic manners and show consideration for other people.

This morning on the train to TSR, which goes past Gatwick Airport so there are lots of people with suitcases, I think I saw the rudest woman I've ever seen.

She wasn't rude with words, in fact, she said nothing at all!

Train is packed, aisles full of people squeezing on. Some people have small suitcases next to them in the aisles, which granted I usually find frustrating but this train is busy with people going to Gatwick and you just have to get on with it.

This lady with HER OWN SMALL SUITCASE (key fact) appears walking down the aisle. Wheeling said suitcase behind her.

She stops at the first suitcase. Looks down at it with a fixed smirk on her face. The guys with the other suitcase panic BECAUSE THEY ARE NICE and try to move their suitcases. Offending woman does not move at all until they are cleared.

Then she moves on without saying thank you or even acknowledging them!

THEN she does it to everyone for an entire carriage!

The thing is, she could have lifted her suitcase up! Or said thank you.

It really doesn't take much.

So, is this the rudest thing or have you seen worse?!

A lot of people say I'm rude because I tell the truth which is ironic HOWEVER I've had people constantly stare at me before but I stare them back bc two can play at that game. I remember when there was a guy on the train (some of us students were going to the BBC bc we're important :biggrin:) and he wouldn't stop looking at my friend and I, like excuse you. We just cursed him out in Urdu and Punjabi then stared at him until he left.
Original post by Mrs.Grey
A lot of people say I'm rude because I tell the truth which is ironic HOWEVER I've had people constantly stare at me before but I stare them back bc two can play at that game. I remember when there was a guy on the train (some of us students were going to the BBC bc we're important :biggrin:) and he wouldn't stop looking at my friend and I, like excuse you. We just cursed him out in Urdu and Punjabi then stared at him until he left.

See, now that is plain reckless and silly, I mean what if the man had a mental illness and was armed with a weapon?
You shouldn't verbally engage with strangers like that
Original post by blue_mason
see, now that is plain reckless and silly, i mean what if the man had a mental illness and was armed with a weapon?
You shouldn't verbally engage with strangers like that

no we didn't say it to his face :facepalm:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by harun_farah
You've had it easy if that's the rudest person you've come across.

Tbh, Londoners barge each other all the time, men woman, rich or poor you will get equally barged or shoulder brushed at full speed.

lol

Sometimes being honest can be rude. I like the phrase "if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
Original post by Fox Corner
It's so rude when people put their bags on seats on busy trains - why don't people have proper train etiquette!! :angry:
Where else am I supposed to put her?
Imagine if everyone in the world was like her. It would collapse and we'd all be fighting eachother
Original post by Captain Jack
lol

Sometimes being honest can be rude. I like the phrase "if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

I didn't say it to his face but yeah I like the quote.

Cool :smile:
Reply 31
It's rude but nowhere near the rudest thing I've ever seen. I've had customers get angry and tell me to get cancer, get angry at me for things I have no control over, try to fight me for laughing at a colleague's innocent joke about something unrelated... get a retail job and you'll find a brand new definition of rude.
Reply 32

Same when people stare at me on the bus I stare back to make it awkward
Original post by mero22
Same when people stare at me on the bus I stare back to make it awkward

*stares
Reply 34
Original post by Blue_Mason
*stares

Original post by mero22

Please, I do not want any problems

Quick Reply

Latest