The Student Room Group

EdExcel -- A2 -- Drama & Theatre Studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellieacraig
yes definitely, gals gotta help each other out!
Aw congrats that wicked! our teacher wouldn't tell us, he just said that i would be happy with my grade but thats so ambiguous!

Sweet, shall I pm you my email address so we can just send eachother our plans at any time and compare?:-)

thankyou:') just really hope the moderator likes it too haha and ahhh yeah that is sooo ambiguous... im sure you've done really well anyway!x
Original post by harri_49
Hi, would anyone be able to attach some revision resources for Shakespeare please? Preferably, 'As You Like It'? Thank you. Good luck!

I'm doing as you like it - so stuck!
got an A* on my mock if anyone has any questions i can try and help

Have you written your concept? I am so stuck and would love to see a copy of someone's as I am just so lost. I done about 30% of mine (Victorian, insane asylum)
Original post by joeywych
I have a 9 step formula that can get you top marks if you want me to share it with you?i do it in order and get about 24 marks :smile:

Would love to see this <3
Original post by kathrynrosa1
Hey I am studying Woyzeck and As you like it for the exam and was wondering if anyone had rehearsal techniques (Section A) that are scene specific and any notes on As you like it. I also need to work out what I need to get a B overall and have no idea how to do that, any ideas? Thanks :smile:

Doing the exact same, whats your woyzeck concept ?
Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 13.44.55.png
Original post by kathrynrosa1
Hey I am studying Woyzeck and As you like it for the exam and was wondering if anyone had rehearsal techniques (Section A) that are scene specific and any notes on As you like it. I also need to work out what I need to get a B overall and have no idea how to do that, any ideas? Thanks :smile:

Was it 'As You Like It' at the national theatre? That's what we're doing:smile:

For working out what you need to get, look at the grade boundaries from last year. Count up your UMS from unit 1, unit 2 and unit 3. They minus that total from whatever grade you want and that is the number of UMS you need to get in the exam.
Original post by IzzyWatkins
Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 13.44.55.png

Was it 'As You Like It' at the national theatre? That's what we're doing:smile:

For working out what you need to get, look at the grade boundaries from last year. Count up your UMS from unit 1, unit 2 and unit 3. They minus that total from whatever grade you want and that is the number of UMS you need to get in the exam.

you've been told your unit 3???
For lysistrata, how were the men's erections shown originally??
you've been told your unit 3???

We haven't been given our exact grade but we've been given our bands for SWED, performance and the research/ rehearsing part so I've deducted what I probably have.
hi guys, does anyone have any good exemplar answers for Section A? Or even an A grade plan?
I find it the hardest to write without waffling too much... anyone got any advice from their teachers at all?
thankyou xxx
Reply 50
ooh an I'm doing Woyzeck and Macbeth!

im doing Lysistrata and Macbeth!

which Macbeth performance did you see?
Original post by i22
im doing Lysistrata and Macbeth!

which Macbeth performance did you see?

It was at the Birmingham Rep but they were a travelling company. It was half acting and a half dancing collaboration. Carrie Cracknell and Lucy Guerin? xx
Original post by IzzyWatkins
We haven't been given our exact grade but we've been given our bands for SWED, performance and the research/ rehearsing part so I've deducted what I probably have.

aw wtf we weren't told anything:frown:(
I'm doing Dr. Faustus and The Trojan Women.

I know about the 1,000 words for Section C but is there a limit to what/how much you can write in your director's copy for Section A and B? I've plastered mine in rehearsal text and OPC context!
And also are you allowed to use stuff in your director's copy that is printed as long as it's your own words?
Original post by sparrowplasm
And also are you allowed to use stuff in your director's copy that is printed as long as it's your own words?

What do you mean director's copy?
What do you mean director's copy?

Sorry, I mean the script of the play you are allowed to bring in to the exam :smile:
Original post by sparrowplasm
Sorry, I mean the script of the play you are allowed to bring in to the exam :smile:

oh for the script it has to be handwritten.
last year a guy in the year above at my school got disqualified for having extra paper notes that were printed.

the only thing that is ok to be printed is the 1000 words x
oh for the script it has to be handwritten.
last year a guy in the year above at my school got disqualified for having extra paper notes that were printed.

the only thing that is ok to be printed is the 1000 words x

damn that's annoying, especially considering I've spent the past few days plastering my script with printed notes lmao, but thanks for telling me maybe nowI won't get DQ'd
Reply 59
It was at the Birmingham Rep but they were a travelling company. It was half acting and a half dancing collaboration. Carrie Cracknell and Lucy Guerin? xx

omg yes!!!! im doing the exact same performance!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending