The Student Room Group

Driving insurance for under 17s? Uk

does anyone know of any insurance companies which insure under 17s? (i mean 16 and 10/11 months so nearly 17s) ? in the uk!
Reply 1
No, because you can't drive legally until you're 17 and have a provisional and a legally responsible adult in the car with you.

If you have a disability and there are eligible to drive from 16 you're best off talking to someone involved in that field because it's going to be very niche.
You can't drive until you're 17 unless if you're on the higher rate of disability benefit. If this is the case it's probably best to call a few reputable insurance companies and ask them for a quote as online systems would say you're too young to drive.

If that isn't the case you're going to have to wait until you're 17 to insure a car

Edit: Got beat to it
Reply 3
Original post by Drewski
No, because you can't drive legally until you're 17 and have a provisional and a legally responsible adult in the car with you.

If you have a disability and there are eligible to drive from 16 you're best off talking to someone involved in that field because it's going to be very niche.

Original post by Bonoahx
You can't drive until you're 17 unless if you're on the higher rate of disability benefit. If this is the case it's probably best to call a few reputable insurance companies and ask them for a quote as online systems would say you're too young to drive.

If that isn't the case you're going to have to wait until you're 17 to insure a car

Edit: Got beat to it

just to clarify i have no disability etc etc and would have an adult in with me obviously and do have provisional. This is what i thought, but wasn't sure if 16 and 9 months etc is old enough as this is the age for a provisional. Thank you! Looks like i'm gonna have a long wait until july 22 :frown:((
Original post by Rainbowcorn
just to clarify i have no disability etc etc and would have an adult in with me obviously and do have provisional. This is what i thought, but wasn't sure if 16 and 9 months etc is old enough as this is the age for a provisional. Thank you! Looks like i'm gonna have a long wait until july 22 :frown:((

Yeah you can get the licence card but if you look at the date next to the class B bit at the back it'd be on your 17th birthday. So the licence would just be for mopeds until you're 17.

Only a month wait anyway :P
Reply 5
Original post by Bonoahx
Yeah you can get the licence card but if you look at the date next to the class B bit at the back it'd be on your 17th birthday. So the licence would just be for mopeds until you're 17.

Only a month wait anyway :P

ah i see!! thanks!! and a month is a long long time when youre impatient :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending