The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyway the ban itself wouldn't work , there is no definite way to prove someone is a Muslim and it would lead to him probably using racial lines which would stir up trouble imo. Not to mention it would just antagonise those at risk of becoming radicalised.
Do you know that I think that Donald Trump should be president of the world?

Crooked Hillary can just find the nearest Starbucks and drown herself in a vat of frappucino froth!
Reply 62
Original post by Newsout
Like I do not even understand this comment, please rephrase it as in its current state makes no sense at all to me.

Yes and the reason why Christianity is fr more tolerated than Islam is because Christianity is a far more tolerant religion than Islam, its teachings in comparison to islams teachings are far apart, and followers of Christianity are normally more peaceful, tolerant and accepting then muslims, you might call that a harsh statement but that's the truth

Okay, here's a rephrasing. You are attempting to compare first world Western religions that have changed rapidly over the last few centuries to be very liberal, to non-Western religions that are comparatively much less challenged until recently and are primarily sourced from a country that is far less developed than the West. In terms of the development of a religion, Islam is further back than Western religions. It is yet to compensate for recent globalisation and media saturation that is relatively new to Middle Eastern countries. Your comparison doesn't take into account those wider considerations making it reductionist and invalid.

The teachings of the Bible are very similar to the teachings of the Qur'an, actually. Have you studied either of the texts? The Bible is extremely violent and many acts such as murder and torture can be easily legitimated by it. However, the religion has adapted to be more liberal over time, and in line with a more diverse society. This adaptation needs to also take place in Islam. By ostracising Muslims, you are slowing that adaptation because instead of being coerced into being more world affirming, extremist groups form as a reflex reaction to hateful threats to ways of life that are long established.
Original post by Newsout
You quoted me asking me not to quote you because you won't respond to it, yet you're asking If I'm the autistic one here?

Once again you've quoted me with words that I haven't read. I tell you what, I will put *insert post* here and I bet you can't resist responding to it.
Original post by Newsout
You quoted me asking me not to quote you because you won't respond to it, yet you're asking If I'm the autistic one here?

Preach!

:proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::proud:
Original post by JoePFR
Okay, here's a rephrasing. You are attempting to compare first world Western religions that have changed rapidly over the last few centuries to be very liberal, to non-Western religions that are comparatively much less challenged until recently and are primarily sourced from a country that is far less developed than the West. In terms of the development of a religion, Islam is further back than Western religions. It is yet to compensate for recent globalisation and media saturation that is relatively new to Middle Eastern countries. Your comparison doesn't take into account those wider considerations making it reductionist and invalid.

The teachings of the Bible are very similar to the teachings of the Qur'an, actually. Have you studied either of the texts? The Bible is extremely violent and many acts such as murder and torture can be easily legitimated by it. However, the religion has adapted to be more liberal over time, and in line with a more diverse society. This adaptation needs to also take place in Islam. By ostracising Muslims, you are slowing that adaptation because instead of being coerced into being more world affirming, extremist groups form as a reflex reaction to hateful threats to ways of life that are long established.

My goodness me, you need to be educated.

Go attend a Trump University seminar.
Reply 66
Original post by trumpisbae2
My goodness me, you need to be educated.

Go attend a Trump University seminar.

I just noticed your username. Nice troll I guess? Maybe figure out something better to do with your time.
Reply 67
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Once again you've quoted me with words that I haven't read. I tell you what, I will put *insert post* here and I bet you can't resist responding to it.

What the hell does that mean?
Reply 68
Original post by JoePFR
I just noticed your username. Nice troll I guess? Maybe figure out something better to do with your time.

Rich coming from you.
Reply 69
Original post by Newsout
Rich coming from you.

Literally makes no sense. Go be toxic elsewhere
Original post by JoePFR

I think youll find that I am a loyal support of Mr. Donald Trump who is enroute to saving the world from the tyranny of liberal ignorance and hordes of foreigners swarming the civilised West!
Original post by trumpisbae

so true Im a canadian living in the usa and I can tell you that immigrants are everywhere.

Countries should lock the door and throw away the key

but
Im a canadian living in the usa

:hmmmm:

Oh wait nvm a troll.

Ok moving on, yea he keeps reversing what he wants to do. Such a clown.
I dont think he should ban muslims. They are not the problem, it's actually the gun regulations they have in America. They should be so much stricter. I mean how on Earth did Omar Mateen even get military grade weapons especially if the FBI were keeping their eye on him. There have been so many mass shootings in America and majority of them havent been muslims. The ones that have been done by Muslims are the perfect ones for IS to take credit for as no one would doubt them.
Not sure. Maybe.
Original post by JoePFR

Sad!
Bad!
What is the point of this thread and why is it any of our business anyway?

Trump is a candidate for American President, America decides whether to elect him.

Do we get a vote? No.

Does anyone in the US care what any of us think? No.
Reply 76
Original post by JoePFR

Well a religion supposedly gotten directly from the words of God is supposed to be eternal and stand the test of time. If your argument about Islam is the fact that it is not as tolerant and modern as other western religions(which isn't true because Sikh's Jews and Hindus integrate very well) then you can't really take the religion seriously, maybe it was just an invention by a spiritual man in the 7th century for people around their time and not the future 21st century liberal world.

Original post by JoePFR

No they aren't don't delude yourself. You can never find me ONE violent thing endorsed by Jesus christ at all but there are over 100 verses of murder and violence in the Qur'an so please do not say they are alike because they aren't and yes I have studied with religions in and out, probably far more than you so please ask another question.

And no one is ostracising muslims except themselves, they are the ones who dissociate themselves from western activities and force their women to dress like Ninja's as if we are in Saudi Arabia, we want them to integrate and adapt, it's muslims that aren't following suit.
Original post by The Good Doctor
I am dismayed at people saying that all Muslims should be banned. I think Mr Trump is wrong on this. But I also don't agree with the liberal view of "Islam is not the problem" and that "Only a tiny minority of muslims are radicals - Islam is a religion of peace". To paraphrase Sam Harris:

"The problem is not the fundamentalists, it is the fundamentals of Islam. Let us examine Jainism where non violence and pacifism are the very core doctrines of the faith. The more radical and zealous you get as a Jain, the less we will have to worry about you. In Islam however, there are numerous clear justifications for the terrorist operations we see today."

The vast majority, if not all countries where Islam is the leading faith have some major human rights issues such as treatment of women and/or homosexuals. Many of them enforce the death penalty for such "crimes" as apostasy, adultery and homosexuality. I know as I have lived in Malaysia for two years, one of the most liberal muslim majority countries in the world. It's no Saudi Arabia there, but many things we would find unacceptable here in the UK or US are commonplace there, including its treatment of gays and enforcement of Sharia law. If you are born into a Malay family, by law you are a Muslim and you must follow Sharia. They waste an enormous amount of police resources just hunting around for young couples having pre-marital sex, so you can see where their priorities are. Polls show across the board that a majority or very significant minority of Muslim immigrants to our country endorse the outlawing of homosexuality and the incorporation of Sharia law into UK law amongst other radical views. This cannot be allowed to happen.

So no, Muslims should not be banned from entering America. Or the UK. However, more steps should be taken to integrate them into Western society. Mosques should be routinely but discretely policed and inspected by non-muslim undercover police. Those that insight violence should be arrested and deported, even if they are asylum seekers.

I completely agree that Islam has a lot of problems... In fact, the same can be said about most religions... But there's no doubt Islam is one of the worst offenders when it comes to atrocities carried out in the name of religion.

Having said that, there are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, each of whom are individuals with their own individual views and interpretations of the religious text. The vast majority however, it's fair to say, do not support extremism.

The sensible thing to do therefore would be for the non-Muslims and peaceful Muslims to unite against extremism... but we don't see that. Instead, we see non-Muslims irrationally turning on the Muslims who haven't actually carried out any terrorists acts and condone those who have. Which just created more hate and makes things worse. It's madness.
IIM a canadian living in the US and i can tell you there are economic migrants everywhere.

Everywhere!

No worries, Mr Donald Trump will purge the US and the West from the tyranny of immigration

Ps: I have nothing against blacks.

PSS: Mexicans hate me.
Most muslims who commit terrorist attacks tend to be 'home-grown' and educated in western countries so I fail to see how banning further muslims from entering will address the problem...