The Student Room Group

Hmrc operational delivery profession (surge and rapid response team) offers?

Hi, has anyone heard back after the assessment day for the apprenticeship in the operational delivery professional ( surge and rapid response team) in Croydon. What actually is the salary. they have put 22k to 24k for croydon, but is the 24k applicable after the completion of the apprenticeship?
I have been made a provisional offer pending employment checks.
Any one heard back from Croydon assessment day ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Had my offer on the 1st of June. I think 22k is the basic salary and another 2k for London living allowance.
Reply 2
Original post by Onomskky
Had my offer on the 1st of June. I think 22k is the basic salary and another 2k for London living allowance.

Congratulations Onomskky. They have also said in the FAQs that they hope to start in July, so fingers crossed.
Does anyone know how long on the average that employment checks take?
Hopefully there would be allowances that can be claimed too, something to shoot the salary up maybe as we may be required to work unsociable hours.
Reply 3
Original post by lere
Congratulations Onomskky. They have also said in the FAQs that they hope to start in July, so fingers crossed.
Does anyone know how long on the average that employment checks take?
Hopefully there would be allowances that can be claimed too, something to shoot the salary up maybe as we may be required to work unsociable hours.

Congratulations Lere.
From experience I know DBS takes a week to clear which would be sent to your address then you forward to HMRC, technically 3 weeks would be a realistic time frame.
Reply 4
I see, I thought as much. So by default, all things being equal, all clearances should have been completed end of June, with the call to state start date. With me I would need 4 weeks notice at work, which would take me to the end of July. I hope they would accommodate that.
Anyone else got any input? Any other offers?
Does anyone have any questions? I'm coming up to a year in the SRRT...
Reply 6
Original post by jamiehaynes

Hello Jamie,
Just wondering how your experience with SRRT been like?
How long did you wait before the start of the job?
Pay wise it says 22-24k.......wondering how that would work out?
Would there be alot of travelling involved and how would the accommodation be sorted?
Any prospects of progression within the ranks of srrt?
Do you think its wise going for the HO role with hmrc which is still open for more application or just go with the srrt route?
Jheeze sorry if my questions are too much lol.
Reply 7
Hi Jamie, thanks for coming on here.
To add to previous questions,
How much would we expect to start on, salary wise.
Are the first few weeks spent in the office and would we do a Monday to Friday till the training is completed?
Would you say the salary is commensurate with the level of work and what is your main task so far so good. I read a few posts where someone commented on the job role as mainly answering phone calls etc.
Reply 8
Hi all. Got my provisional offer on 1st June as well. Still nothing after that.
Reply 9
Hi agsss, congratulations. Did you also get email for the health questionnaire and a corresponding link in your civil service page to complete a DBS check?
That should come as standard.
Reply 10
Hey Lere,
Yeah did all that and anxiously waiting for any news. Hopefully not too long now:smile:
Reply 11
Me too, someone on the forum reckons 3 weeks for checks to be completed. Start date, we were told on the assessment day was July. I reckon mid July. But I expect we would hear back end of June.
Hopefully we would get more inputs.
Reply 12
Original post by lere
Me too, someone on the forum reckons 3 weeks for checks to be completed. Start date, we were told on the assessment day was July. I reckon mid July. But I expect we would hear back end of June.
Hopefully we would get more inputs.

Was there any link to complete the dbs form seperately as I only filled out the forms provided by clicking on the next button.
Hi Jamiehayes,
I would like to know how much travel and staying away from home is involved?
I have been offered a provisional job and really struggling with the whole thing as I cant imagine living out of suitcase for the foreseeable future,
Any help is appreciated
Original post by jamiehaynes
Reply 14
Ui onomskky. .the link from the civil service website is the dbs link.No separate link, so if you've clicked on next stage on the site then its all good.Still waiting to hear back after that process though.so i teckon we'll start getting check complete by next week or so.
Reply 15
Hi all, just received an email asking for additional documents ,meaning they are conducting pre-employment checks. Fingers crossed not too long now....
Reply 16
Original post by agsss
Hi all, just received an email asking for additional documents ,meaning they are conducting pre-employment checks. Fingers crossed not too long now....

Thats good news and if you dont mind me asking what are they asking for as I have not heard a single word from them since filling my forms.
Reply 17
I really wish CSR were a rapid response team.
Reply 18
Original post by SW19!
I really wish CSR were a rapid response team.

Do you currently work with the civil service?
Reply 19
Hi all, I did receive an email too asking for more documentation before the PEC can commence.

@Onomskky , it could be you have given them all the documents required , because I was surprised they asked me for same document that was photocopied on my assessment date. Probably they lost it, but I have forwarded it to them again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending