The Student Room Group

lilacpotato's GCSE Revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilacpotato
Update 11/06/16

I've been a little lacking in motivation to be honest! :s-smilie: Even though it's less than a week until exams are over, even that hasn't been enough to make me do more physics revision!! :frown: I didn't have any time in the morning but this is what I did...

Chemistry - Continued making big C3 poster (hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow) and finished specimen paper we started in class
Physics - Completed P3 specimen paper and I got 48/60 which I was very proud of, I was hoping to get above 40! :smile:

It's so weird only having 2 subjects to revise! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done :smile: What did you get for the chemistry specimen paper?
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done :smile: What did you get for the chemistry specimen paper?

Thank you! I got 51/60 but we worked through some of it in class so that's probably not a reliable mark! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I got 51/60 but we worked through some of it in class so that's probably not a reliable mark! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow well done.:smile: That's really good.:wink:
Original post by starstudent7
Wow well done.:smile: That's really good.:wink:

Thank you!! :biggrin: How are your exams going?
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you!! :biggrin: How are your exams going?

Ur welcome.:wink:They're going good but I am not super confident. But I really want all A*s so I am just trying my best with them. I have six more exams left, and I have 5 next week.:redface:
Ur welcome.:wink:They're going good but I am not super confident. But I really want all A*s so I am just trying my best with them. I have six more exams left, and I have 5 next week.:redface:

All A*s - wow! :o:D I'm sure you will do really well!! I only have 4 left and they're all next week! Good luck with the rest of your exams - what are you going to do at college? :smile:
Update 12/06/16

A fairly productive day today although it doesn't sound like much! :tongue:

Chemistry - Finally finished big C3 poster :biggrin:, completed titration calculation questions and tested myself on C2 flashcards
Physics - Did P2 past paper and I got 55/60 - I'm finally getting the hang on P2! :biggrin:

I'll get on to P3 tomorrow...:smile:
Update 12/06/16

A fairly productive day today although it doesn't sound like much! :tongue:

Chemistry - Finally finished big C3 poster :biggrin:, completed titration calculation questions and tested myself on C2 flashcards
Physics - Did P2 past paper and I got 55/60 - I'm finally getting the hang on P2! :biggrin:

I'll get on to P3 tomorrow...:smile:

Well done !!
Well done !!

Thank you, I really appreciate your nice words each day! :smile:
All A*s - wow! :o:D I'm sure you will do really well!! I only have 4 left and they're all next week! Good luck with the rest of your exams - what are you going to do at college? :smile:

IKR if all I get them, then results day will be the best day of my life.:colondollar:Thank you and to you.:smile: I am going to do psychology, biology,chemistry and maths at sixth form. Wbu?:smile:
IKR if all I get them, then results day will be the best day of my life.:colondollar:Thank you and to you.:smile: I am going to do psychology, biology,chemistry and maths at sixth form. Wbu?:smile:

I'm going to do Biology, Chemistry, French and German (bit of a mixture!) :biggrin:
Do you want to do medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to do Biology, Chemistry, French and German (bit of a mixture!) :biggrin:
Do you want to do medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I do.:smile: What do you want to do?:h:
Yes I do.:smile: What do you want to do?:h:

I'd like to be a research scientist - so maybe I'll do a Biochemistry or Biomedical Science degree :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd like to be a research scientist - so maybe I'll do a Biochemistry or Biomedical Science degree :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow they're really good careers and seeing how hardworking you are I am sure you will achieve them.:smile: Remember to update me on results day with your results so I can how much effort you've put into it and I will do the same.:wink::u:
Wow they're really good careers and seeing how hardworking you are I am sure you will achieve them.:smile: Remember to update me on results day with your results so I can how much effort you've put into it and I will do the same.:wink::u:

Haha yes I will and please do! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 13/06/16

I only had to go in for a bit of the morning today so I got a lot more done than normal...:smile:

Chemistry - Did a 2 hour revision video call with my friend where we tested each other on C2 and C3! :redface: Also completed the last C3 paper I have (June 2014) - 55/60! :biggrin::biggrin:
Physics - Made half of my big P3 poster and completed practice questions

I'm glad I had more time today! :smile:
Update 13/06/16

I only had to go in for a bit of the morning today so I got a lot more done than normal...:smile:

Chemistry - Did a 2 hour revision video call with my friend where we tested each other on C2 and C3! :redface: Also completed the last C3 paper I have (June 2014) - 55/60! :biggrin::biggrin:
Physics - Made half of my big P3 poster and completed practice questions

I'm glad I had more time today! :smile:

Well done !! I really don't like the last bits of P3 - magnets and all that eurgh !!
WOW well done on that grade/mark - it's fab :smile:
How are you feeling for C2 + C3 ? You ready ? Also how are you going to revise for them ?
Well done !! I really don't like the last bits of P3 - magnets and all that eurgh !!
WOW well done on that grade/mark - it's fab :smile:
How are you feeling for C2 + C3 ? You ready ? Also how are you going to revise for them ?

IKR! It's horrible! :frown: I really hope the six marker's not on any of that!!
Thank you :smile:
Hmmm I feel pretty confident on C3 but less so in C2! I'm just a bit worried about the six markers tbh...
Now that I've made posters, I'm just doing the final past papers and testing myself on my revision cards - it's really hard because I want to be equally prepared for physics, especially as I find that harder!
How's your revision going for science?

Posted from TSR Mobile
IKR! It's horrible! :frown: I really hope the six marker's not on any of that!!
Thank you :smile:
Hmmm I feel pretty confident on C3 but less so in C2! I'm just a bit worried about the six markers tbh...
Now that I've made posters, I'm just doing the final past papers and testing myself on my revision cards - it's really hard because I want to be equally prepared for physics, especially as I find that harder!
How's your revision going for science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeh !! OMG no !!
No worries :smile:
Yeh same i feel kind of confident in C3 and C2 but less in Physics especially P3.
For science, i'm going to look over my notes, test myself, look through past papers because i've done them all now :smile:
The day of the exam i'm going to look through my notes on C2 and C3 in the morning because i have to go to school for revision sessions for Chemistry on Wednesday. I feel like i can do so much better at home and more without any distractions.
I'm planning to get loads of C2 + C3 done tomorrow mainly because i will only go to school at 1 pm and come back at 3.30 - for stats and it's compulsory.
I really want that A* in Chemistry because it's one of my favourite subject so hopefully i can get that A*. Also my C.A is 100 USM points so i think i can get that A* :smile: - Hopefully :biggrin:
Good luck for Chemistry and Physics also any other upcoming exams. Your doing so well. I'm sure you'll get that A* :biggrin: x
Oh yeh !! OMG no !!
No worries :smile:
Yeh same i feel kind of confident in C3 and C2 but less in Physics especially P3.
For science, i'm going to look over my notes, test myself, look through past papers because i've done them all now :smile:
The day of the exam i'm going to look through my notes on C2 and C3 in the morning because i have to go to school for revision sessions for Chemistry on Wednesday. I feel like i can do so much better at home and more without any distractions.
I'm planning to get loads of C2 + C3 done tomorrow mainly because i will only go to school at 1 pm and come back at 3.30 - for stats and it's compulsory.
I really want that A* in Chemistry because it's one of my favourite subject so hopefully i can get that A*. Also my C.A is 100 USM points so i think i can get that A* :smile: - Hopefully :biggrin:
Good luck for Chemistry and Physics also any other upcoming exams. Your doing so well. I'm sure you'll get that A* :biggrin: x

Sounds like a plan! It's a pain you have to go in but hey, what can you do?
I'm sure you will get that A* - you've put in the work after all! :biggrin: Amazing coursework grade!
Thank you so much - you too! :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest