The Student Room Group

Is this normal?

Guy Iv even talking to for months has exams and is his final week. Said he won't be able to talk to me for a week because if them but feel like he's ignoring me or something? Am I just being too needy and paranoid?
Original post by Anonymous
Am I just being too needy and paranoid?

Yes. Let it go or you'll drive him away. :smile:
I don't think it's needy or paranoid to expect to be able to talk to someone, even briefly, for a whole week. All the same I'd say leave him to himself.
Reply 3
Agreed with the above, but i dont think its wrong to expect to check in with the odd text if you are close
Reply 4
Guy Iv even talking to for months has exams and is his final week. Said he won't be able to talk to me for a week because if them but feel like he's ignoring me or something?

That's the most normal thing I've ever heard. Only a week?
Reply 5
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I don't think it's needy or paranoid to expect to be able to talk to someone, even briefly, for a whole week. All the same I'd say leave him to himself.

Yeah I know like he has snapchatted me for like 2 mins late at night so its not like we haven't talked at all. But do you think it's normal to do that given that it's his last week of exams and they're a levels?
Reply 6
Original post by xylas
That's the most normal thing I've ever heard. Only a week?

Yeah I know he's very busy but to cease contact seems weird. We did speak everyday before. Might just be overthinking
Reply 7
Yeah I know he's very busy but to cease contact seems weird. We did speak everyday before. Might just be overthinking

Why do you care if it's weird?
Reply 8
Original post by xylas
Why do you care if it's weird?

Because I like him? Does it seem weird to you?
Guy Iv even talking to for months has exams and is his final week. Said he won't be able to talk to me for a week because if them but feel like he's ignoring me or something? Am I just being too needy and paranoid?

your overthinking. Give him a week, if he is still not good inform me i'll give you advise :wink:
Reply 10
Because I like him? Does it seem weird to you?

If you like him you like him. If someone tells you it's weird how does that change anything?
Original post by PrincessBO$$
your overthinking. Give him a week, if he is still not good inform me i'll give you advise :wink:

Thanks! Would you say it's a normal
Thing to do?
Original post by xylas
If you like him you like him. If someone tells you it's weird how does that change anything?

You're right. I'm just kinda insecure.
Reply 13
You're right. I'm just kinda insecure.

It's okay to be insecure, just don't do something rash you will regret.
Yes and yes.

Exams are stressful when they matter to people, and having someone demanding attention doesn't help.

Quick Reply