The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by legend.786
Guys in question 11 if i rounded the gallons off to 2 early and then i didnt times the 18 miles by 2 but i did everything correct how many marks should i get

Also if on the quadratic equation i got 0.29 and 2.29 but without the minus how many marks will that be

Posted from TSR Mobile

For question 11.. i am not sure how you got 2 gallons, i got 3.9 so on... which i rounded to 4. And everyone in my class also got 4 gallons. So best case scenario i think you got 2/5 (follow through marks).

For the second question, just showing the substitution of values in the quadratic equation should gain you one mark, then using calculator to get the correct values combo should get you the other two. So i am afraid 1/3... If you correctly substituted and used quadratic formula correctly, you should get 0.29 and -2.29.
Hey for 1b i must have miscounted and put 9/20 will i still get one mark for putting it out of20 ??
I got 2 gallons for question 11 because i did not times the 18 miles by 2 so i did 18*5 and then divided it by 45.2 and got 1.9925 which i rounded to 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also i did everything right but i forgot to add the minus in the quadratic question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrPeter
I cannot believe how much time and space has been devoted to such a simple question (Trial and Improvement) and all over 1 mark. Thank God it's been taken off the specification for next year !!!

Yeah but its getting replaced by the iterative formula method for approximation of cubic equation roots..
Hey for question 1b i miscounted and wrote10/20 will istill get 1 mark likewisefor the histograms i messed up the last f.d and ended up with 3.0 willinstill get the mark?
Original post by gigge
Hey for question 1b i miscounted and wrote 9/20 will i still get one mark? And also for the histogram i made one error on thr f.d will instill get 2/3?:smile:

1b is 9/20 or 0.45.. so you should gain full marks for that.

And for that histogram, not sure at all :/
Original post by gurpartapl
1b is 9/20 or 0.45.. so you should gain full marks for that.

And for that histogram, not sure at all :/

Meant 10/20 :frown:
Original post by gigge
Meant 10/20 :frown:

Well then i dont think that will gain any marks, but dont stress about it, honestly not worth it.. Whats done is done and all we can do is move forward :smile:
I think the grade boundaries will be 132 because in my opinion the forst paper was easier than last years but the second papers were about the same and even the first paper the last question was much more harder and the second paper was a lot wordier

Your opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gurpartapl
Looking at all the posts and comments on the Edexcel Paper 1 and 2 for maths gcse, i think its safe to say that the grade boundaries are going to be marginally higher than last years. Since last year was 125/200 for A... I suppose this year should be based at 130 - 136 for a A.

PS: I am not part of Edexcel obviously so don't take my word for it.

i dont know why i have a feeling the grade boundaries are going to be lower because of the first non-calulator paper. i feel i did a lot better in the calculator paper but im not sure if it was enough to get an A. i really dont want a B but i just dont know. i think it may be around 115-120/200. (hopefully).:smile:
Original post by sehrishnaveed12
i dont know why i have a feeling the grade boundaries are going to be lower because of the first non-calulator paper. i feel i did a lot better in the calculator paper but im not sure if it was enough to get an A. i really dont want a B but i just dont know. i think it may be around 115-120/200. (hopefully).:smile:

It definitely won't be that Low for an A. The paper wasn't even harder than last year.
Reply 2292
Original post by DrPeter
I cannot believe how much time and space has been devoted to such a simple question (Trial and Improvement) and all over 1 mark. Thank God it's been taken off the specification for next year !!!

Its 3/4 marks though?
for trial and improvement I got 3.8. But made the equation =0. It was x^3-x=34 , I made it x^3-x-34=0. Will I get marks? still got 3.8
Original post by Rajive
It definitely won't be that Low for an A. The paper wasn't even harder than last year.

i guess so, i can only hope for the best then :frown:
Original post by 34908seikj
Wasn't the last question like 1/2 * 7 * 8 Sin(X) = 18

56Sin(x) = 36

Sin^-1(36/56) = X

x = 40

???

I think I did it wrong then.

You've done it partly right :smile: you just found the wrong angle by accident! Luckily, to find the actual angle this was one of the steps so you will hopefully still get 2 marks.
Original post by Hermione118
You've done it partly right :smile: you just found the wrong angle by accident! Luckily, to find the actual angle this was one of the steps so you will hopefully still get 2 marks.

How many marks did you count?
Just curious: how do people count their marks?
Do you just add in the odd 2-3 marks for working you think you might get as you go along?
Can someone help double check if i get marks for this question please on the non calculator.

NON CALC

1) For question 3 par t a, does it count as a mark if you put 'often' was repeated two times in question and answer boxes?

2) question 3 (part c)
Can you say that it's kinda biased to ask students in a maths room about how much crisp they buy because it's better like to ask in a shop or supermarket how much crisp people buy do i get a mark for it?

3) question 18 (part b)
would i get atleast 1 mark if i simplified it to?
37 5
--- - ---
15 3

4) For question 21 (part a) would i get at least 2 marks for putiing 0.8 and 0.3?
What will be the grade boundaries for a B? I know last year it was 95, will it be higher?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending