The Student Room Group

depressed about my future :/

(edited 7 years ago)
1- courses that lead to particular jobs are restricting, many courses lead to jobs that may not be related directly to the course
2- its your future, why should you let your parents dictate your life
Reply 2
Original post by michellincaptain
1- courses that lead to particular jobs are restricting, many courses lead to jobs that may not be related directly to the course
2- its your future, why should you let your parents dictate your life

my parents are overprotective, and they're muslims :/
they don't think it's necessary for me to go to a different city for my masters.
all my mum wants is for me to get married off -__-
Original post by boredasf
my parents are overprotective, and they're muslims :/
they don't think it's necessary for me to go to a different city for my masters.
all my mum wants is for me to get married off -__-

its defo not necessary to get married of early, or stay in your city, its good going to new places, leave people holding you down in the past
why would your parents stop you from doing masters at soas? are you paki? I know some guy that wasn't allowed to move out and he said paki parents are like that
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
why would your parents stop you from doing masters at soas? are you paki? I know some guy that wasn't allowed to move out and he said paki parents are like that

yeah of course they're pakistani lol i'm sick and tired of pakistani/asian mentality
You're an adult, so your parents don't "let" you do anything, you do what you want.

As for your bf, tell him your concerns and see what he says. Then you can decide whether you're happy where you are or break up.
Reply 7
no need to be depressed about your future...

another settlement needs your help
yeah of course they're pakistani lol i'm sick and tired of pakistani/asian mentality

wow rip. What about your boyfriend did he get to move out?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
wow rip. What about your boyfriend did he get to move out?

no he lives with his parents but he has much more freedom
no he lives with his parents but he has much more freedom

so paki boys can do anything and the girls can't? :colonhash:
Reply 11
i’m depressed my dad hits me for no ****ing reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending