The Student Room Group

I feel so lonely!

So I had a crush on this girl that I work with for like 8 months and today was her last shift and I never asked her out. Part of the reason was that she slept with other people and the first time she told me nothing about it and then the second time she basically made me ask her about it. I've never had a girlfriend and i'm still a virgin (i'm 18) and this makes me sad/annoyed. She was the closest thing I had to a 'girlfriend', I'm saying this because I've never had a girl as a friend she was the first and seems to be the last. I've said more words to her in 8 months than I have said to all the girls I've spoken to in 18 years. I know I need to get over her as it's not health but I just can't stop thinking about her. I think her leaving will help as I wont be working with her again and most likely wont see her again (she lives like 2 mins away from the shop).

Like right now I feel like I need to go to the gym to get her out of my head but I know if I go i'll still think about her, it's always like that. I sometimes message her and send her snaps but never get anything from it, a reply or 2 if i'm lucky.

I feel like I always need to be with people or i'm missing out of stuff, I don't like working but I love being near people and like right now I wish I was at work so I could have someone to talk to. I think all of this is because work is/was related to the person I had a crush on so I thought/think that the more I spend at work the more I'll see her and get to talk to her.

I don't know my head is in a thousand places at once!!
You sound mixed up, don't worry its normal.

You are worrying too much, just speak to her. Just because she is leaving, doesnt mean you have to lose contact. You appear to have been on talking terms, so she should be open to remaining in touch. Maybe go for a drink or get her a small thoughtful gift if she is leaving?

Find other socialble things to do. Dont be too needy.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You sound mixed up, don't worry its normal.

You are worrying too much, just speak to her. Just because she is leaving, doesnt mean you have to lose contact. You appear to have been on talking terms, so she should be open to remaining in touch. Maybe go for a drink or get her a small thoughtful gift if she is leaving?

Find other socialble things to do. Dont be too needy.

We both do this run on a Saturday morning and her car recently broke so she can't get there unless her dad does it with her. I was thinking about asking like the day before if she's going and if she says no and the reason is she can't get there, I could offer her a lift?

Does that sound like a good plan or is that a bit weird, because what if she says yes to doing the run and she's going with her dad, then what do I say?
You sound so clingy man! Just chillax dude. There's plenty more fish in the sea for you, my friend. You feel attached to this girl because she's the only girl you've ever talked to! It might be worth joining a sports club or taking up a hobby where you can meet a wider variety of people. It'll really help you in the long term with confidence as an older adult because you need to get this all sorted out around your age now.

Also having a girlfriend is not an achievement that needs to be worked towards because then your partner will simply be a trophy. I wish you the best man and have a cool summer.
im lonely too, someone tlk2 me lol
Original post by Anonymous
So I had a crush on this girl that I work with for like 8 months and today was her last shift and I never asked her out. Part of the reason was that she slept with other people and the first time she told me nothing about it and then the second time she basically made me ask her about it. I've never had a girlfriend and i'm still a virgin (i'm 18) and this makes me sad/annoyed. She was the closest thing I had to a 'girlfriend', I'm saying this because I've never had a girl as a friend she was the first and seems to be the last. I've said more words to her in 8 months than I have said to all the girls I've spoken to in 18 years. I know I need to get over her as it's not health but I just can't stop thinking about her. I think her leaving will help as I wont be working with her again and most likely wont see her again (she lives like 2 mins away from the shop).

Like right now I feel like I need to go to the gym to get her out of my head but I know if I go i'll still think about her, it's always like that. I sometimes message her and send her snaps but never get anything from it, a reply or 2 if i'm lucky.

I feel like I always need to be with people or i'm missing out of stuff, I don't like working but I love being near people and like right now I wish I was at work so I could have someone to talk to. I think all of this is because work is/was related to the person I had a crush on so I thought/think that the more I spend at work the more I'll see her and get to talk to her.

First of all you can either ask her out or just move on

I know it will be hard but try moving on with your life. If you spend time getting upset you might miss the chance of meeting the person who is really for you.

You should enjoy your life and make the most of this time you have. I feel I have met my soul mate and have been together for 14 months (been living together for 8 & 1/2 months) but we met when were both 25 years old. And I feel great look back on my early 20s with great memories of travelling, living abroad, etc.
Reply 7
Original post by Sportycb
I know it will be hard but try moving on with your life. If you spend time getting upset you might miss the chance of meeting the person who is really for you.

You should enjoy your life and make the most of this time you have. I feel I have met my soul mate and have been together for 14 months (been living together for 8 & 1/2 months) but we met when were both 25 years old. And I feel great look back on my early 20s with great memories of travelling, living abroad, etc.

I thought that she would be the perfect girl, we both have the same interest it's actually creepy how much we think alike she even said it herself. I've never really hang around with girls and it just makes me feel left out. I don't even know how I'm going to met another girl, as she's left there is no girl of my age where I work. I don't go out the pub or go clubbing as I don't like the thought of drinking (I've never drank if you can believe that). So I don't know what I'm going to do....
I thought that she would be the perfect girl, we both have the same interest it's actually creepy how much we think alike she even said it herself. I've never really hang around with girls and it just makes me feel left out. I don't even know how I'm going to met another girl, as she's left there is no girl of my age where I work. I don't go out the pub or go clubbing as I don't like the thought of drinking (I've never drank if you can believe that). So I don't know what I'm going to do....

I know it is difficult but it will get easier. You remind me a lot of myself. I was exactly the same. I don't like going out or getting drunk. I like to go out to dance but just stay a few hours and then I am tired I go to bed.
Your situation also reminds me of when I broke up my boyfriend due to distance when I was 17 and felt the same way. You will move on and feel better. Later you will look back on it and realise it didn't matter that much.

You just need to take your mind off it. Have you got any hobbies. I found clubs help, either sports club or social club. Also I found spending time with friends such as day trips, pub quizes, going out for dinner really helped.
...in all honesty they way I got over and forgot about all old relationships and crushes was by moving abroad.

Quick Reply

Latest