The Student Room Group

OCR Applied Business A2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CynicalRaven
Quantitive are things such as ARR, NPV, Breakeven, Costs
Qualitative are things such as experience of the personnel, stakeholder conflict etc

Thank you!
Are All the formulas for labour turnover, absenteeism, wasteage levels etc, all provided in the exam? Haven't revised them because my teacher said they were
And also can someone explain what is meant by net present value briefly and how to work it
Original post by palirules18
Are All the formulas for labour turnover, absenteeism, wasteage levels etc, all provided in the exam? Haven't revised them because my teacher said they were

I think you have to learn them as I have only seen them provided once in all the past papers I've done. On the plus side, they are very simple.
And also can someone explain what is meant by net present value briefly and how to work it

Net present value refers to the time value of money. It calculates the value of future returns in terms of their worth now by taking into account inflation.

You will be given a table and all you have to do is simply multiply the cashflow by the discount factor for that year and then add all of the discounted cash flow up to give a return.

Here is a better explanation of everything above:
http://www.tutor2u.net/business/reference/net-present-value-npv
Net present value refers to the time value of money. It calculates the value of future returns in terms of their worth now by taking into account inflation.

You will be given a table and all you have to do is simply multiply the cashflow by the discount factor for that year and then add all of the discounted cash flow up to give a return.

Here is a better explanation of everything above:
http://www.tutor2u.net/business/reference/net-present-value-npv

Ah I see thanks
Does anyone remember any questions
How did you guys find it?
business culture definition i think
impact of finalising a business aim or something
how to improve leadership
gantt chart
break even
how a marketing strategy
would be different for the lozenges
all the HR calculations
how to judge the ouput of staff
the effects of inflation
who would benefit from SSltd being ethical
ARR and why payback would be better
effects of Chas wanting to be innovating which i didnt really know what to write on
the magazine order
choosing between the options for the 20

i cant really remember anything else
Original post by jones4224
How did you guys find it?

It was okay but some questions threw me a bit, you?
Does anyone remember any questions

Define Business culture
Gantt Chart
Breakeven plus chart
Special order (14 marks)
Labour turnover, Wastage, Absteinesm, Labour Productivity
ARR
How is payback better than ARR for them?
3 ways they can determine wether labour turnover? numbers are good or bad
How should they change their leadership style on lozenge line? (8 marks)
How will an increase in intrest rates effect future sucess? 3 ways
How will Chaz passion for innovation affect strategic decision? 2 ways
Which combinations of options is best for the companies future success? (20 marks)

I can't remember the rest.
I hated it! Didn't like the question on special ordere
Reply 32
What did you put for the break even 14 marker and leadership question
Original post by JPFM

Got 7 million for break even point.

said how thaz needs training to make him a more confident leader and to use some of the incentives he uses on the confectionary line staff e.g job rotation and enrichment programmes. Probably wrong but oh well haha
Original post by JPFM

I asssume you mean special order, I pointed out how they would be making a loss for the first two months and thus could worsen their cashflow issues, how the profit margin for the order is considerably lower and thus could worsen profit issues. However, they haven't secured any other orders so they can't exactly be picky and the promotion could lead to more customers. Overall, they should take it.

For the leadership, improved moral by greater wages, train the employees and change of leadership style.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JPFM

for the leadership question i said that they should employ another production line manager who has pharmaceutical experience because Thaz's span of control was too large to manage everyone properly or that they should consider hiring some supervisors, then about how laissez faire wont work for the new employees because they arent experienced so they should change to autocratic or democratic instead
Does anyone know how to properly define the first keyword? Business culture, I personally went for something like philosophy of the working enviroment.
(edited 7 years ago)
What did people put for the 14 marker? , the 20 marker and the ARR question. That exam was horrible.
Original post by Cavilla1
What did people put for the 14 marker? , the 20 marker and the ARR question. That exam was horrible.

I got 5% for the ARR question and for the reason why payback is better is that it calculates the time it will take for the project to pay for itself which is more beneficial as they need returns fast due to cashflow issues.
I asssume you mean special order, I pointed out how they would be making a loss for the first two months and thus could worsen their cashflow issues, how the profit margin for the order is considerably lower and thus could worsen profit issues. However, they haven't secured any other orders so they can't exactly be picky and the promotion could lead to more customers. Overall, they should take it.

For the leadership, improved moral by greater wages, train the employees and change of leadership style.

Hey CynicalRaven, one thing that question wanted to catch you out on was that , could snowdon actually manufacture that much? 1142 products per day. Operate 5 days a week. 2 months is 8 weeks average. This equates to around 45000. If they attempted to push production hours to 7 days, that would equatw to around 63000. And the magazine want a million! Morale of employees was already low so do you really want to try extending working hours?! I think i may be right even though it wasnt directly linked! Goodnluck anyway, pretty decent paper. Btw what options didnyou choose for the 20 marker?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending