The Student Room Group

do guys like caring girls?

I'm worried I'm being to 'caring' this guy I'm talking to e.g giving him advice, asking how his day was will be like this or will he thing I'm being lame?

Scroll to see replies

he will like it.
shows him that you are there for him
Reply 3
It's fine but tell him he looks like Horse **** once in a while... or has the personality of a Mussel.
(edited 7 years ago)
If I were him (speaking as a guy myself), having someone to care about be and talk to me constantly would be f*cking amazing, given I have pent-up minor anxiety and stress issues.

IMO if he thinks you're lame just because you care about him enough to ask him how his day has been or how he's feeling, he's not worth it.
I would be concerned that some guys would interpret this level of care as being a sign of clinginess, but it's all relative really. Some guys would really appreciate it, others wouldn't so much.
I find it difficult to answer your question in the abstract. Some guys just want an easy lay and so being caring won't cut it. Some like it but will then treat you as a mother figure, which you don't want. And so on.

I'd focus on the responses you are getting from him so far. What are the vibes?
Original post by John55
It's fine but tell him he looks like Horse **** once in a while... or has the personality of a Mussel.

Please tell him he has the personality of a mussel.

This is good. I'm going to use it. Ty man 👊
No, As I a guy I love it, if you know someone actually cares about me I'm going to put more time into caring for them and it brings you closer to each other.
Yes.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I would be concerned that some guys would interpret this level of care as being a sign of clinginess, but it's all relative really. Some guys would really appreciate it, others wouldn't so much.

And girls. Whilst I might appreciate it a bit, it'd quickly bore me. I prefer conversations about when WW3 might happen; Malthusian economics; and throwing insults at each other. Needless to say, this isn't always a hit.

OP: just gauge his personality and possible reactions. If you want to be in a relationship, you should be yourself. You don't want him to fall for a pretend you.
A caring person generally tells you they're a nice person, so you definitely shouldn't worry about if he will like it.
And if he doesn't then say your care was all a disguise and you're a secret agent that was trained to be all friendly to get close to him, and now you have him you can show him your true intention's and then end it with 'I faked every orgasm' and storm out like a boss. :colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm worried I'm being to 'caring' this guy I'm talking to e.g giving him advice, asking how his day was will be like this or will he thing I'm being lame?

Its fine for a long term person but most guys at this age aren't looking for long term commitments
Just be careful that you don't appear overbearing or clingy or too motherly. But most guys seem to like caring girls.
Original post by godivaontherocks
Just be careful that you don't appear overbearing or clingy or too motherly. But most guys seem to like caring girls.

yea i agree. Being too caring wud b a bit annoying. There's a guy who literally asks me how i am doing every single day and it kinda annoys me sometimes. BUT, it's nice to know that there is someone there for u when u r feeling down :biggrin:
Original post by rayestar
yea i agree. Being too caring wud b a bit annoying. There's a guy who literally asks me how i am doing every single day and it kinda annoys me sometimes. BUT, it's nice to know that there is someone there for u when u r feeling down :biggrin:

I agree. I think when girls start acting like a boy's mother, that's when they tend to freak out.
I agree. I think when girls start acting like a boy's mother, that's when they tend to freak out.

I love the way we r talking about caring boys instead of girls :biggrin:
We're both girls too haha
Original post by Anonymous

The problem with asking TSR is you can't generalise - some guys might find it endearing, some may friendzone you, some may find it annoying or offputting, it all depends on the individual. If being caring isn't something he appreciates, there's probably someone better for you out there anyway - it's a wonderful quality that we don't see enough of these days :h:
Original post by rayestar
I love the way we r talking about caring boys instead of girls :biggrin:
We're both girls too haha

lol I was talking about caring GIRLS! :tongue:

But as a girl, I don't really have an issue with guys who are very caring. Unless they are overbearing and overprotective. Then I'll probably run a mile!
lol I was talking about caring GIRLS! :tongue:

But as a girl, I don't really have an issue with guys who are very caring. Unless they are overbearing and overprotective. Then I'll probably run a mile!

lol looks like the convo went on without either of us realising we're talkin about different stuff haha
there's this guy who messages me every day to ask how i am doing. I feel like that's a bit too caring personally. Of course caring guys are sweet, but too caring seems too motherly lol -no offence to the guy :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending