The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
First of all I am not a Muslim.
Secondly, you clearly said Muslims were doing nothing to combat terrorism in the West, yet I provided links to show that Muslims are fighting ISIS in their lair. Isis will not be defeated if a bunch of hippie Muslims hit the streets angry, they will only be defeated and the West will only be saved from their shite if they're defeated in their lair, in Iraq and Syria.. The fact that you can't extrapolate simple conclusions is not my mistake.

Thanks for accepting and admitting that muslims in the west are doing nothing to combat terrorism or ISIS, which was my initial point at the start.
Original post by The_Opinion
There are huge numbers that do such protests, so either you admit how there are 10's of thousands of such trouble makers in the UK, or, that the "moderates" are unable / unwilling to protest against terrorist acts.

Yea I am admitting both. There are lots of orthodox Muslims who believe in supressing freedom of the press in order to not insult their religious convictions, and the majority of "moderates" won't protest because they know any such efforts are meaningless.
Original post by Newsout
If you add up the value of the amount if people killed by Mass shootings since the 1960's you wouldn't get quarter of the amount of people killed during 9/11 when no gun was even used.

Yeah but 9/11 is a one time event, a plane hijacking of that scale will never occur again anywhere in the world.

Mass shootings will continue to happen until the NRA stops being bigoted, which it seems will never happen.
Original post by The_Opinion
There are huge numbers that do such protests, so either you admit how there are 10's of thousands of such trouble makers in the UK, or, that the "moderates" are unable / unwilling to protest against terrorist acts.

And like the brilliant David Horowitz said

"If you don't condemn something you obviously support it"
Original post by Newsout
Thanks for accepting and admitting that muslims in the west are doing nothing to combat terrorism or ISIS, which was my initial point at the start.

What do you suggest they do? Protest? I personally see no point in that. As I said, angry hippies won't stop ISIS, soldiers and weapons only will.
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
Yeah but 9/11 is a one time event, a plane hijacking of that scale will never occur again anywhere in the world.

Mass shootings will continue to happen until the NRA stops being bigoted, which it seems will never happen.

Is that really your response?

You're trying to compare mass shootings with 9/11 and you're telling me that 9/11 doesn't count because it;s a 1 time event.
Yes. However, it seems quite unrealistic and I don't know how it would be enforced.
Original post by Newsout
Is that really your response?

You're trying to compare mass shootings with 9/11 and you're telling me that 9/11 doesn't count because it;s a 1 time event.

Yes, 9/11 is irrelevant because the issue was addressed and resolved. No plane hijacking will ever occur on that scale again.

However mass shootings are still going on, and nothing is being done to address the situation.

What's the problem buddy?
Original post by Newsout
And like the brilliant David Horowitz said

"If you don't condemn something you obviously support it"

No no no, not protesting is not synonymous with not condemning. If I protested about everything I condemned I would be living in Hyde Park 24/7.
If you want condemnation of Muslims to terrorism, seek it from the Muslim authorities, and you'll find plenty of that if you really wish to.
Original post by oShahpo
What do you suggest they do? Protest? I personally see no point in that. As I said, angry hippies won't stop ISIS, soldiers and weapons only will.

Exactly, let people in the west just continue to think that Muslims support terrorism and let the stigma of right wing bigots keep festering, Muslims in the west trying to exonerate themselves from the radicals in the west is a pointless idea, they should just keep on tweeting and "condemning" terrorism on social media.
Yes, 9/11 is irrelevant because the issue was addressed and resolved. No plane hijacking will ever occur on that scale again.

However mass shootings are still going on, and nothing is being done to address the situation.

What's the problem buddy?

Said the Muslim

:rofl::rofl:
It's an utterly ridiculous idea and of course will never happen
Original post by KingBradly
Wow never heard this rhetoric before.

It deserves to be repeated. It's good rhetoric that makes sense.
Original post by Newsout
Exactly, let people in the west just continue to think that Muslims support terrorism and let the stigma of right wing bigots keep festering, Muslims in the west trying to exonerate themselves from the radicals in the west is a pointless idea, they should just keep on tweeting and "condemning" terrorism on social media.

I see your point, but don't you think it's simply unfair? That a group of people have to protest in the streets just so that the blame "may" be lifted off them for someting they had no hand in?
Original post by Newsout
Said the Muslim

:rofl::rofl:

are you listers by any chance?
Original post by oShahpo
I see your point, but don't you think it's simply unfair? That a group of people have to protest in the streets just so that the blame "may" be lifted off them for someting they had no hand in?

You don't have to be apart of something to be able to support or condemn it.

Right now, there are people who think that Muslims in the west support terrorism because they never speak out of it in a great amount in comparisons to other things they feel is touchy like Palestine or drawing Muhammed, so until they actually put in some effort into condemning these acts and actually pulling their weight in the war on terror, that stigma will keep on growing.
yep he definitely should . Enough of this mammy pamby liberal bs . Islam is the most violent religion and are responsible for a huge loss of American life . When has a christian ever committed a terrorist attack ?
are you listers by any chance?

No

:colone:
Original post by salty670
When has a christian ever committed a terrorist attack ?

ever?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition