The Student Room Group

repeatedly sniffing at the dinner table is disgusting.

answer the poll.

why dad keeps forcing me to eat with everyone at iftaar time when I'd rather be alone for two reasons

1. to not get pissed at everyone and be at peace
2. to be alone and remember allah etc

he forces me to eat there and says I get no food if I don't.

my mum always makes disgusting noises when eating I ****ing hate it. It puts me off my food, it repulses me and it pisses me off. I don't say anything because it's rude to say that to my mum but I am being forced to sit there and wndure this. I don't think it's fair. She clears phlegm in her throat whilst I'm trying to eat, she repeatedly "sniffs" by which I mean you can hear the snot going back up her nose, etc things like this. I can't be the only one to find this disgusting.

Spoiler

do you think this fair?
and also opinions on the poll.
Reply 1
it didn't let me put up a poll -.-
yo that sounds nasty af... what would she do if you just told her straight?
Reply 3
Original post by splashywill
yo that sounds nasty af... what would she do if you just told her straight?

lol thank you!
I have told her before that it's disgusting and I get accused of being abnormal and somehow "ungrateful"
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
lol thank you!
I have told her before that it's disgusting and I get accused of being abnormal and somehow "ungrateful"

why wouldnt your dad let you do it alone? theres no problem with that...
:rofl: poor you
Of course it isn't fair, it's borderline abuse.

Starving you if you don't eat at the table and threatening you, for speaking your mind politely. Completely irrational.
Out of all the issues in the world this is actually what's concerning you?
haha, oh dear... I feel for you. It sounds like you're going to have to put up with it until you get the opportunity to leave home... or you could do something equally as disgusting as see if they put up with it haha... I dunno what else to suggest sorry
Reply 9
Original post by rcmack
why wouldnt your dad let you do it alone? theres no problem with that...
idk, that's what I thought
Original post by fatima1998
:rofl: poor you
it's not funny.it's horrible after I've been fasting all day, I'm considering skipping tomorrow so this **** doesn't affect me.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula

Starving you if you don't eat at the table and threatening you, for speaking your mind politely. Completely irrational.

yes it does sound like abuse... I've always felt sorry for westernised muslim kids living with strict religious parents, completely irrational and quite frankly abusive

stfu man
it's usually not an issue because I just leave.
it's an issue cause it's ramadan, I've not had food all day, and the only time I do I have to go through this. It drives me nuts.

exactly :cry2:
I thought I was being reasonable

its an issue which involves the OP at this very moment if their life so why shouldn't he be worried about it? No point in sitting around wondering how to cure cancer if he's just some kid living with his parents
stfu manit's usually not an issue because I just leave.it's an issue cause it's ramadan, I've not had food all day, and the only time I do I have to go through this. It drives me nuts.exactly :cry2:I thought I was being reasonable
You were being very reasonable and patient imo :console:
Especially considering the fasting you had been doing, I'd be cranky af if I was that hungry.
You were being very reasonable and patient imo :console:
Especially considering the fasting you had been doing, I'd be cranky af if I was that hungry.

I get moody as hell, but I try not to show it. I say one thing and I get lectured or shouted at. They also go and and say comments which are totally untrue as well or just irrelevant it's so infuriating.

yes it does sound like abuse... I've always felt sorry for westernised muslim kids living with strict religious parents, completely irrational and quite frankly abusive

honestly I never though of it as abuse, only when other people have on here have said it was, it's normal to me but can be quite upsetting sometimes.

Like yesterday my dad said it was okay for my brother to hit me because I'm not a woman yet and he's not a man, we're "still kids". Apparently, it doesn't matter that it hurts me. I'm gonna be 18 soon anyway so I wonder what he'll say then.
I get moody as hell, but I try not to show it. I say one thing and I get lectured or shouted at. They also go and and say comments which are totally untrue as well or just irrelevant it's so infuriating.

honestly I never though of it as abuse, only when other people have on here have said it was, it's normal to me but can be quite upsetting sometimes.

Like yesterday my dad said it was okay for my brother to hit me because I'm not a woman yet and he's not a man, we're "still kids". Apparently, it doesn't matter that it hurts me. I'm gonna be 18 soon anyway so I wonder what he'll say then.

Everyone gets moody from time to time, it's good that you're considerate enough to try to restrain yourself but bottling things up can have some really negative effects on your health.

I've experienced that before, most frustrating thing they could possibly do, it's like they want an argument.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending