The Student Room Group

A2 WJEC PY3 & PY4 (8th June & 14th June 2016)

Scroll to see replies

I really hope sleep disorders comes up its literally the only one i know well in that topic or its rip for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have wjec ever done the same essay twice in a row?
nope they havent. im not revising the last year essaysss fs
Original post by elchapo97
nope they havent. im not revising the last year essaysss fs

I don't think I'm going to they are usually quite predicable and If a learn 4 then I'm sure I'll be covered
what four are you learning?
what four are you learning?

No I meant for each section, Memory, Forensic, Abnormal, Controversies I'm learning 4. I'm just not learning last years essays
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Wow I wish I was as organised and exam savy as you! I've just been trying to memorise my essays and stressing about like a headless chicken :bawling::bawling:

Not going to lie but I had a breakdown today because I have only managed to revise 12 out 20 of the essays. I am currently working on Gender Bias and then looking at Treatments of SZ!
I am so worried about this exam, I have worked out my marks and things but doesn't mean I'll get them! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohh rightt yeah same, lol imagine they repeat last year questions ffs ill legit cry man theyve never did it before so hope they dont efff this up
Original post by H_m007
Does anyone know how to get full marks on the A01 points for the py4 essays? (Except controversies) Because I seem to be getting a high A02&3 marks but almost nothing on A01.

All your A01 is description, try describing studies before you revaluation them, describe parts of the essays. For example, describe WHAT repression is and THEN evaluate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohh rightt yeah same, lol imagine they repeat last year questions ffs ill legit cry man theyve never did it before so hope they dont efff this up

I think I will cry with you, I'm not revising in last year's essays either, the k lay time they have repeated a question is when it was Profiling (Forensics) It came up on June 13 and then June 14 but there was a Jan paper between that without it on.
I'm basically counting on the fact they don't put on last year's questions and that there will be ONE of the biases on the controversies so I'm revising both of them.
I'm screwed if the 8 essays I haven't learnt are the ones that come up! I will definitely just sit and cry in the exam hall!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like WJEC could literrally do anything this year because it's the last exam. The controversies psychology as a science and free will and determinism came up last year and they are the two controversies I don't know. If the genes vs environment essay comes up I think I might cry tears of happiness. I'm not going to revise the two controversies I don't know but if they come up I will die.:frown:
Reply 131
Original post by JennyMoorcroft
Have wjec ever done the same essay twice in a row?

yes profiling came up twice 2013 and 2014 x
Original post by m11378
yes profiling came up twice 2013 and 2014 x

It came up June 2013 and June 2014, but there was a paper in Jan 2014 where Jury and Decision came up So there was a gap and it didn't come up twice in a row.
Dont worry! Ive only learnt 7 out of 20(done them since 6am) no revision prior to this and i still dont know anything😭
How did everyone fin the exam I messed up on the last two questions but the questions overall weren't that bad:redface:
Questions were alright! Eye witness came up like predicted...didn't really expect schizophrenia treatments to come up, thought it might be depression but was pleasantly surprised 😄
Reply 136
Bet you were made up with genes environment! I never revised it but I blagged it 100% but wasn't too bad :smile:
Questions were good but ****ed up last one do you think I could get away with not doing the last one if I did alright in the others ? Only want a C ? 😒😒
Reply 138
EWT I predicted, thought it would be forgetting and that's all I revised but I knew about amnesia and Alzheimer's enough for an average essay, blagged genes and environment but put loads of research I knew in there and didn't expect treatments of schizophrenia but same as the Alzheimer's essay, average, I had an into and conclusion, explained what they where/treatment, evaluated them also but not in detail but hoping that'll be alright still because I included the points, eval and intro/conclusion :smile:
Literally my dream exam apart from formation of relationships omg

Quick Reply