The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

I'm trying to stop crying but I can't.
Idk what to do everything is on top of me already and we only started A2 today. I'm so worried about everything and im so stressed and pent up and idk what to do for these new projects and everything is just so overwhelming. There is nothing to look forward to at all and idk why i bother because no-one appreciates it even though i dont blame them because there is nothing to appreciate.
don't even feel like talking, just wish everyone would go away and just that everything would just stop, anxiety has been through the roof today as well :/

~Anon 1
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FireFreezer77
Aw I'm happy to hear that!
I'm just happy I can help you out!
You go ace this exam of yours!!
Will you report back tomorrow about how it went?

shall do hopefully (unless it was a total and utter complete disaster then I might need a day or 2 before I wanna talk about it lol....)
thank you you're so lovely
Original post by eleanor27
thanks :hugs: i'm sure we'll get through this somehow :smile: good luck to you too x

Merci :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Haha no worries!
:hugs: Thankyou :hugs:
It sure is hard! But I'm feeling very happy currently so it's all good!
Aw you're defo not a useless peice of ****!
You're awesome!

FF77

Good to hear!

^^^Thats me!

I figured as much :tongue:

Anxious Anon
Original post by eleanor27
shall do hopefully (unless it was a total and utter complete disaster then I might need a day or 2 before I wanna talk about it lol....)
thank you you're so lovely

Ok Thankyou! Ah I see, I understand that.
But I'm sure it will go extremely well!!!
No worries! That's just me being me! :blush:
Have a follow!
Any tips for motivation to revise? I'm struggling with really severe depression (scoring 73 on the goldberg scale) and it's almost impossible for me to revise. I know all the tips for motivating a healthy person, I'm normally so enthusiastic about learning and get a rush from feeling efficient and productive when I get loads of work done (I know I sound like such a nerd) but I can't even manage 5 mins of reviewing notes.

I've had a really tough year (battling migraines, extreme fatigue, panic attacks, anxiety, depression, dissociation - I've not been eating or sleeping properly, I don't even drink enough water, I'm losing weight and sometimes am too dizzy to stand up) and it's frustrating to not be able to achieve my best. I've always been a straight-A student and now it's likely I'll fail all my exams. I know it's just one final push and it could make a lot of difference but I just don't feel up to it.

I'm really stressed and it doesn't help with the whole 'I'm-a-failure, I-have-nothing-to-offer, my-future-is-hopeless' thing. I can't even cry because I'm too exhausted and dehydrated and it'd probably make my headache worse.
Any tips for motivation to revise? I'm struggling with really severe depression (scoring 73 on the goldberg scale) and it's almost impossible for me to revise. I know all the tips for motivating a healthy person, I'm normally so enthusiastic about learning and get a rush from feeling efficient and productive when I get loads of work done (I know I sound like such a nerd) but I can't even manage 5 mins of reviewing notes.

I've had a really tough year (battling migraines, extreme fatigue, panic attacks, anxiety, depression, dissociation - I've not been eating or sleeping properly, I don't even drink enough water, I'm losing weight and sometimes am too dizzy to stand up) and it's frustrating to not be able to achieve my best. I've always been a straight-A student and now it's likely I'll fail all my exams. I know it's just one final push and it could make a lot of difference but I just don't feel up to it.

I'm really stressed and it doesn't help with the whole 'I'm-a-failure, I-have-nothing-to-offer, my-future-is-hopeless' thing. I can't even cry because I'm too exhausted and dehydrated and it'd probably make my headache worse.

I'm in the middle of my AS levels and I've been feeling the same all year, what seems to help me (although I don't think it's that healthy long term or a sustainable way of working, but if you're desperate this is what I do) is spend a long period of time in bed, like 12/15 hours, and then try to cram a lot of revision into three or four hours, or as long as I can stay awake. Then go back to bed again, and repeat. I'm finished my exams on Friday and honestly it's been a nightmare, when I look back on this past month I'm genuinely surprised I've survived it! Just remember you're not alone and you'll make it to the end soon enough no matter what!! Good luck
left my lab class twice today to hide in the bathroom and cry. I feel so pathetic. The voices were shouting and laughing, the walls were shouting as well, and the other people in my class kept staring at me too. During my lecture this morning I completely lost any sense of where I was ; I called out my cat's name and bent down to stroke him - needless to say I got a lot of very strange looks. I think I have now officially cemented the label of "weirdest person in class."

I have 3 weeks left but I really don't think cope. So that's the end of another dream. :cry2:
Original post by JordanL_
Thank you, I'm gonna try :hugs:

I don't even care about uni or anything anymore though :rofl: I almost don't want exams to be finished because I'll have nothing left to look forward to :frown:

Yeah my exams finished last week and now I have nothing to do :lol:
Original post by Sabertooth
left my lab class twice today to hide in the bathroom and cry. I feel so pathetic. The voices were shouting and laughing, the walls were shouting as well, and the other people in my class kept staring at me too. During my lecture this morning I completely lost any sense of where I was ; I called out my cat's name and bent down to stroke him - needless to say I got a lot of very strange looks. I think I have now officially cemented the label of "weirdest person in class."

I have 3 weeks left but I really don't think cope. So that's the end of another dream. :cry2:

Don't think Tha its the end bc its not! What's wrong with being weird :wink: don't let other peoples opinions drag you down - you have your own dream and own aspirations, now reach for the stars :hugs:
Its annoying posting anon bc i cant see notifs lol. But I don't want others to know who i am :lol: I think I forgot to reply to something Airmed quoted my post on, so I apologise :redface:
Oh joy my OCD has kicked in now! :frown:
Might just sleep soon!
I can't deal with it anymore!
It's every night now :cry2:
I just wanna cry now again!
I'm so ****ing useless!
Its annoying posting anon bc i cant see notifs lol. But I don't want others to know who i am :lol: I think I forgot to reply to something Airmed quoted my post on, so I apologise :redface:

You could always make a dupe? :smile:
Oh joy my OCD has kicked in now! :frown:
Might just sleep soon!
I can't deal with it anymore!
It's every night now :cry2:
I just wanna cry now again!
I'm so ****ing useless!

hey, just saw this and i know we were talking earlier. have been using the app so i don't know if you have replied to my message on the wall. anyway, i hope you are okay - take a deep breath and tell yourself that 'you can get through it.' try and get some sleep and hopefully things will be better in the morning. my counsellor says that whenever i have an anxious or OCD thought to try and focus on something that makes me feel 'calm' for a couple of minutes - a physical object. also, try and give your OCD a 'colour,' so you may envisage it as a red demon for example. then try and change the colour and characteristics of it - changing the colour to your favourite colour. it does work over a period of time.

try meditating as well, it is a great way to calm down and pull yourself out of the state. i use an app called 'insight timer' and it has proved to be quite beneficial. distracting yourself is a good idea as well, try and become engrossed in a good book or something. don't even try to challenge or give a response to your thoughts. just try an distract yourself.

no, you are not 'useless' in any way shape or form, you are one of the most kindest and nicest person that i have ever had the pleasure of talking to. it will be okay, just try and relax. what is the worst can happen? try and compare the scale of your thoughts to something else. or even do something which i do quite often, it aggravates the hell out of me though! i deliberately ignore my OCD thoughts or go against them, by doing the opposite action. it is tough, but it seems to be working - as my thoughts are subsiding.

if you need to cry, then cry. crying isn't a sign of weakness - it just shows that a person has been strong for so long. once you have cried and let it all out tell yourself that you will 'never cry over the same thought/s ever again.'

hope i helped and made you feel slightly better. remember, you are wonderful and the world needs more people like you around; people with pure hearts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah my exams finished last week and now I have nothing to do :lol:

:rofl: how did they go?
Don't think Tha its the end bc its not! What's wrong with being weird :wink: don't let other peoples opinions drag you down - you have your own dream and own aspirations, now reach for the stars :hugs:

I'm more than used to being "weird" but it's the whole laughing at me, refusing to talk to or make friends with me that hurts. It's going to be a very long class if that continues. And, tbph, if I saw someone interrupt the lecturer to stroke an invisible cat I'd probably think they were a weirdo too.

Got my music on loud but it's not loud enough to block out the walls and voices. Any louder and my spouse/neighbor will get pissed. I don't understand what I ever did to warrant this. :cry2: I haven't brought up dropping the class with my spouse as it cost $1000 and I can't go into the fall semester without it. It just seems like whenever I find something I want do it always falls flat on its face. :frown:

It also took me over 10 minutes to write this message as I keep hitting the wrong keys, I don't even know what's going on there. :confused:
Biggest exams this week :/ already had one... which went on the worse side of 'okay', but not awful. Was feeling pretty negative afterwards, but it probably wasn't so bad.
Quite worried for what the rest will be like now - but keeping fairly calm, aha
hope everyone's doing okay :smile:
Original post by Ezme39
Biggest exams this week :/ already had one... which went on the worse side of 'okay', but not awful. Was feeling pretty negative afterwards, but it probably wasn't so bad.
Quite worried for what the rest will be like now - but keeping fairly calm, aha
hope everyone's doing okay :smile:

Good luck for the rest of your exams. It's hard but try not to dwell too much on the exam- the more you think about it the more you think about where you might have gone wrong, and there's really no point now that you're out of the exam hall and can't change anything. A lot of the time I tend to do better than I feel I did so this may be the case for you too :smile:

Feeling worried for exams is a normal feeling, but good for you for trying to remain calm. I wish you the best of luck for your exams.
Good luck for the rest of your exams. It's hard but try not to dwell too much on the exam- the more you think about it the more you think about where you might have gone wrong, and there's really no point now that you're out of the exam hall and can't change anything. A lot of the time I tend to do better than I feel I did so this may be the case for you too :smile:

Feeling worried for exams is a normal feeling, but good for you for trying to remain calm. I wish you the best of luck for your exams.

Thanks, and yeah, I hope so! :smile:
Oh joy. I'm awake already.
Great.

I think I've cried more in the past week than I have for the past three months.
Original post by Midnightmemories
Oh joy. I'm awake already.
Great.

I think I've cried more in the past week than I have for the past three months.

:hugs: Could you go put the kettle on, relax, and try to do some work for college?

And yeah, I'm with you on the crying. :sigh:

Latest