Scroll to see replies

Original post by Polaroid123
ah, so i get 1 mark right?

More than likely yeah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dioooooon
More than likely yeah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk, I wouldn't expect M1 for answer without minus sign and A1 for with minus sign. The one method mark (if there are any, there's a good chance that part is only one mark) would be for writing -sec^3t.
Actually looking at the paper again I'm almost certain that there'd only be one mark for that part.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Idk, I wouldn't expect M1 for answer without minus sign and A1 for with minus sign. The one method mark (if there are any, there's a good chance that part is only one mark) would be for writing -sec^3t.
Actually looking at the paper again I'm almost certain that there'd only be one mark for that part.

so the first part is worth 3 marks and 2nd is worth 1? If so, how many marks would -sec^2(3t)/8cos(3t) score? 2 out of 3? so 2/4 in total?
(edited 7 years ago)
so the first part is worth 3 marks and 2nd is worth 1? If so, how many marks would -sec^2(3t)/8cos(3t) score? 2 out of 3? so 2/4 in total?

Probably yeah. I would think that that would count as not fully simplified.

Ahh,kk. So what do you think 69/75 or 70/75 will be in UMS? Do you think 69 will still be 100UMS as it has for the past 2 years since you seem quite knowledgable?
Ahh,kk. So what do you think 69/75 or 70/75 will be in UMS? Do you think 69 will still be 100UMS as it has for the past 2 years since you seem quite knowledgable?

Yep it's likely that 69 will still be 100UMS, since this was roughly the same difficulty as the previous couple of years.
Even if it's not it will at least be 98 or something, unless for some reason people just greatly improved at C3 suddenly lol.

I thought there would only be one mark for simplification? :/

Yep it's likely that 69 will still be 100UMS, since this was roughly the same difficulty as the previous couple of years.
Even if it's not it will at least be 98 or something, unless for some reason people just greatly improved at C3 suddenly lol.

Do you think the A boundary will be roughly the same as last year (55/75)? I'm not sure what effect the synoptic circles question would have, considering the only bit of synoptic material on last year's paper was a little indices thing on the final question.
Although I suppose that's cancelled out by the last functions question being lifted straight from a past paper...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
I thought there would only be one mark for simplification? :/

Do you think the A boundary will be roughly the same as last year (55/75)? I'm not sure what effect the synoptic circles question would have, considering the only bit of synoptic material on last year's paper was a little indices thing on the final question.
Although I suppose that's cancelled out by the last functions question being lifted straight from a past paper...

The synoptic circles? You mean the flower bed? Only 3 marks so shouldnt *really* influence the grade boundaries much.

Also the fact that the last question was lifted straight from a past paper doesn't necessarily mean people will get it right. I did that paper the day before and I still managed to mess it up. I reckon out of everyone who did that exam, only 30-40% will have gotten that question right; maximum.

The grade boundary for an A will not be higher than 57 and definitely no lower than 55
Should a new thread be made for C4? Probably OCD but I feel uncomfortable having C3 and C4 BOTH in this thread. It'll be way too crowded.
Original post by Jack1066
Should a new thread be made for C4? Probably OCD but I feel uncomfortable having C3 and C4 BOTH in this thread. It'll be way too crowded.

Tbh yeah. C4 is on friday so get to it. If someone makes one please post a link to it. Theres also a stats thread for peeps doing that tomorrow
Before the exam begins can i write in the formula booklet? I want to write down all the double angle rearrangements and ****. Takes me about 5 mins to do it all.
Original post by FusionNetworks
Before the exam begins can i write in the formula booklet? I want to write down all the double angle rearrangements and ****. Takes me about 5 mins to do it all.

why don't you write them on the exam paper? :smile:
Original post by ahannah
why don't you write them on the exam paper? :smile:

As in the booklet you right all the answers in?or
Original post by FusionNetworks
As in the booklet you right all the answers in?or

Yeah or that, then you can just cross them out at the end of the exam
Could you send me them please as my teacher never fully taught us them and now I'm frantically looking around for them?
Original post by JessyMarie
Could you send me them please as my teacher never fully taught us them and now I'm frantically looking around for them?

Mrs Marie you sexy genius.
Formula booklet page 4 under trig identities.
Them 3 equations.
Make angles A and B equal to one another and simplify.
Cos2x = cos^2(x) - sin^2(x)
Cos has 3 formulae since you can substitue a rearrangement of the core 2 identity cos^2 + sin^2 = 1
👌👍
Original post by JessyMarie

Here are your formulae if you want to check;
Sin2x = 2sinxcosx
Tan2x = (2tanx)/1-tan^2(x)

The other two cos double angles substitue the core 2 identity

Cos2x = 2cos^2(x) -1
= 1 - 2sin^2(x)
Reply 278
Go through the content and make sure you understand every last detail.
But tbh if you're consistently getting the grade you want you're fine.

I pretty sure I understand all of the topics, it's just the 'extra' stuff that they ask. I've been consistently getting A's and sometimes getting A*s and would really like to try get an A* as I think I've been hitting it in the other modules. I wanna prepare my self for the harder, more complicated questions but I've ran out of resources to practice! What are you doing?
Original post by aehr
I pretty sure I understand all of the topics, it's just the 'extra' stuff that they ask. I've been consistently getting A's and sometimes getting A*s and would really like to try get an A* as I think I've been hitting it in the other modules. I wanna prepare my self for the harder, more complicated questions but I've ran out of resources to practice! What are you doing?

Lol I don't do what I'm doing (not doing any past papers all year).

Though if you genuinely understand the topics there should not be much 'extra stuff' that you can't do. If you want to practise harder questions (which is a good mentality but a little late) you could try those really tough papers made my MadAsMaths:
http://www.madasmaths.com/archive_iygb_practice_papers_c4_practice_papers.html
Try a 't' paper :wink:.

Quick Reply

Latest