The Student Room Group

Predicted Edexcel Maths Grade Boundaries 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rajive
Grade boundary for an A in June 2015 was 125

yhh what do you think it will be this yr, did you find the paper easier.
Original post by Jelly432
i think it will be 128 for an A,however apparently the 2015 nov papers were hard and the grade boundaries for an A was 135. Also our paper was not that hard apparently so I'm not sure if the GB will increase.

November exams notoriously are always tougher to get high grades than in the may/june exams im pretty sure this year cant be higher than 132 for an A tho cause it was fairly challenging
Reply 122
yhh what do you think it will be this yr, did you find the paper easier.

I think both papers were average or just above average which means easier than June 2015 but just slightly harder than June 2014
Original post by Rajive
Did you count your marks for paper 1 including working out?

Yh and very very harshly i got 133/134
Original post by Rajive
Did you count your marks for paper 1 including working out?

our paper was harder than 2014, but easier than 2015.
Original post by Rajive
I think both papers were average or just above average which means easier than June 2015 but just slightly harder than June 2014

yhhh
Original post by Waveyalex
November exams notoriously are always tougher to get high grades than in the may/june exams im pretty sure this year cant be higher than 132 for an A tho cause it was fairly challenging

i got around 128-130 i think. I really hope 128 is an A, because if they give me a B, that would be harsh due to B is around 95.
If I'm 1-2 marks of an A would they give me an A?
Reply 128
i got around 128-130 i think. I really hope 128 is an A, because if they give me a B, that would be harsh due to B is around 95.

Is it because your doing A Level Maths?
Original post by Rajive
Is it because your doing A Level Maths?

Yepp, do you think they would give an A to me if I'm 1-2 marks off.

I feel you man but ngl i dont think this year was tough enough to warrant the A grade being below 129 and in line with other years 130 seems reasonable.
I feel you man but ngl i dont think this year was tough enough to warrant the A grade being below 129 and in line with other years 130 seems reasonable.

ugh trust me, 130 will probs be an A. Lets hope we both get an A.
Reply 132
Yepp, do you think they would give an A to me if I'm 1-2 marks off.

Well, I don't want to pour water on your fire but...
Examiners are evil and probably won't give you the A for the sake of you being 1-2 marks off. Plus it was only a stupid unofficial mark scheme, it is probably accurate but you don't know where you have gained marks elsewhere.
ugh trust me, 130 will probs be an A. Lets hope we both get an A.

Im pretty confident but seeing the way u are i want u to get an A aswell cos u probs worked hard like me.
Im pretty confident but seeing the way u are i want u to get an A aswell cos u probs worked hard like me.

Thanks so much i really hope we both get As, and i have put all my effort in maths i have done all the past papers and i got so nervous in the exam so i lost stupid marks.Well I'm sure your going to get an A, but i hope i get it too.
Original post by Rajive
Well, I don't want to pour water on your fire but...
Examiners are evil and probably won't give you the A for the sake of you being 1-2 marks off. Plus it was only a stupid unofficial mark scheme, it is probably accurate but you don't know where you have gained marks elsewhere.

very true, thanks.
very true, thanks.

Yh it can be heartless down to the 1 mark
Thanks so much i really hope we both get As, and i have put all my effort in maths i have done all the past papers and i got so nervous in the exam so i lost stupid marks.Well I'm sure your going to get an A, but i hope i get it too.

Wat a levels u doing again ?
Wat a levels u doing again ?

well cause our A levels are changing so we can do 3 options, i want to go bio,phycology and maths.Wbu?
Yh it can be heartless down to the 1 mark

wow hope this does not happen to anyone, it is so upsetting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending