The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Hostage situation in Paris after man kills policeman

Scroll to see replies

Original post by toronto353
[video="youtube;RovF1zsDoeM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM[/video]

I love that song, and it's true. Also, it's a great musical. I wish it would come back to the West End.
Original post by thunder_chunky
I love that song, and it's true. Also, it's a great musical. I wish it would come back to the West End.

It's a fantastic musical and hopefully I'll get to see it some day - doesn't it usually tour every so often?
It seems endless, when will it stop?
Original post by toronto353
It's a fantastic musical and hopefully I'll get to see it some day - doesn't it usually tour every so often?

Yeah, turns out I missed it in London. Damn. Oh well. Next time around. It's worth seeing.
Cant
keep
up
Reply 25
Original post by HanSoloLuck

The obvious answer would be to remove Muslims and ban the teaching of Islam as a religion, close down every mosque and make it illegal to practice Muslim celebrations or holidays. You know, exactly how Muslim majority countries treat every other group. If Muslims want to continue practicing they can choose any number of Muslim controlled states that promote their intolerant beliefs.

Christianity and Judaism are very similar to Islam. Do you advocate for banning Hanukkah and Easter too? (I can already predict your response; "Those religions never cause ANY TERRORISM BUT ISLAM DOES MUH FEELZ", a quick google search will show you that this is NOT the case).
If you're willing enough to ban one religion then why not ban all of them? You can't make exceptions.

Again, you are ignoring the fact that the UK is built on freedom and democracy. We all have the freedom of speech and the freedom of religion/belief. You want to take away these freedoms because you believe Muslims to

You are taking away these freedoms in the case of Muslims because you want to "see Muslims suffer" (again, you're demonising Muslims once again). You want mosques to be closed down and want to remove Muslims. How are you going to do that? Do you want to bomb Muslims? Kill them in their sleep? Nuke them? Do you see how crazy and Islamophobic you sound?

Many people do not hold the same view as you and are tolerant towards each other. You, unfortunately, are bitter, vile and like to spread hatred. Tyranny of the minority, they say.

I am well aware of how "Muslim" countries are run. I disagree with the fact that non-Muslims are treated however their treatment goes against the teachings of Islam.

And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush.

However, the verse is clearly referring to the Mekkan polytheists and not just any disbeliever. Secondly, the Qur'an didn't say just kill any polytheist, but only those whom had broken their treaty with the Muslims.

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

In another verse, the Qur'an explicitly makes it clear that the order to fight the disbelievers is only with regards to those who fight the Muslims or help others in fighting the Muslims. This means that if non-believers live their lives normally and do not harm others, then they will not be harmed. However, if they kill/harm Muslims then this is where the verse applied.

It's clear that these "Muslim countries" do not follow Islam properly, in my opinion, especially with the case of Saudi Arabia, with monarchs drinking and, despite forbidding women to drive, many of the princesses of Saudi Arabia drive their own vehicles (which is not prohibited in Islam but just shows that Saudi Arabia is a sexist country).
Reply 26
If its true who is surprised?

The problem will not get better by burying your head in the sand and use the arguments not all Muslims and not a real muslim etc. There is a problem with Islam, the question to ask is how many people's lives taken, how many rapes have to occur before people start to solve the problem?

People complain about the rise of the far right what they don't realise it is their inactivity on these issues that fuels it, I don't like how it's going because a lack of action is what is going to cause problems and it isn't going to be pretty.
Original post by WhiteMan16

What's even your point? We should strive to be more like Saudi Arabia?
Reply 28
Original post by TorpidPhil
You cannot be racist against Muslims. Islam (muslims) is not a race, it's a stupid ideology.

Is a race not a group of people with shared culture and beliefs?

There are many muslims who do not share the less conventional beliefs; let's not tar thousands of people with the same brush
Reply 29
InB4 Ban
Original post by Ezme39

There are many muslims who do not share the less conventional beliefs; let's not tar thousands of people with the same brush

No.

The whole point of racism is that it is judging people based on something that is utterly inconsequential. That's why racism is bad.

You get racist white people who see a south asian man and assume because he's south Asian he must be a Muslim. that's racism. You can assume he will be a Muslim ofc, but not be basically certain of it like they are - ****, they will insult him for being South Asian when they actually don't care about him being SA just him being Muslim but they fail to put that together since they are racist.

Hating on a group of people for their ideologies is totally legit and in some instances, such as with Muslims, it may indeed be rational and moral.

The problem of being unable to identify radical Muslims from moderate Muslims to very moderate Muslims is a problem of all Muslims just calling themselves Muslim and not openly fighting against other Muslims that they disagree with. Saying "he is not a real Muslim" is a waste of time. Since they will just say the same to you. Suck it up and either admit you don't believe in certain bits of scripture, or specifically explain why your group of Muslims don't agree with them. Basically we need more divisions within Islam other than "Shia/Sunni". Because let's face it, there are far more distinctions than that even on totally superficial levels.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lujubi
Christianity and Judaism are very similar to Islam. Do you advocate for banning Hanukkah and Easter too? (I can already predict your response; "Those religions never cause ANY TERRORISM BUT ISLAM DOES MUH FEELZ", a quick google search will show you that this is NOT the case).
).

Strawman.

Really stupid Strawman.

Islamic terrorism has been the most dangerous terrorism affecting the globe this century. It's reach has spread from Canada down to South America, the USA to the far east and everywhere in between. It's frequency is increasing at an alarming rate.

Now, the truth is that no other religion comes close to this. Not Christianity. Not Judaism. Not Hinduism. Not Buddhism.

Sure you can give an irrelevant response like "oh damn forget the thousands killed by Islamic terrorism in the last fifteen years, what bout does Crusades doe?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
No.

The whole point of racism is that it is judging people based on something that is utterly inconsequential. That's why racism is bad.

Yes. Your race is unchangeable, but your religion isn't.

You're not a racist for criticising religions like Islam.

You get racist white people who see a south asian man and assume because he's south Asian he must be a Muslim. that's racism. d moral.

Where the hell are you getting this rubbish ideas from?
(edited 7 years ago)
Perversion of Islam
Nothing to do with Islam
Religion of Peace
Anti Muslim backlash
Diversity is our strength
Enrichment
Minority of Muslims
White Christians also kidnap people
Islam invented algebra

so what's the problem ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
It's fine I'll do the honours
'Religion of peace'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, really?
Reply 35
No.
Hating on a group of people for their ideologies is totally legit and in some instances, such as with Muslims, it may indeed be rational and moral.

Specific ideologies, yes. Not the entire collection of ideologies held by every muslim- that is racism because it is non-specific, and directed towards anyone who identifies by that label.

By saying 'Islam is wrong' or anything of that description, we are just skirting around the issue. Violence, attacks etc. are the issue. Hatred is the issue. The vast majority of muslims are not violent or hateful people - so by attacking their identity unjustly, there is racism.

We should be saying 'I disagree with your views' not 'I disagree with your identity'.

Many Christians have committed hateful crimes, and hold views against homosexuality, or for the suppression of women. Why do we not speak this way about them?
Reply 36
I wonder if the Knife is to blame for this one
Reply 37
Original post by Ezme39
Specific ideologies, yes. Not the entire collection of ideologies held by every muslim- that is racism because it is non-specific, and directed towards anyone who identifies by that label.

Including the White, black and Asian people that identify by that label?

This is why people hate arguing with liberals.

Some of them are just too dim
Original post by Ezme39

No, words have clearly defined meanings.
Reply 39
Original post by democracyforum
Perversion of Islam
Nothing to do with Islam
Religion of Peace
Anti Muslim backlash
Diversity is our strength
Enrichment
Minority of Muslims
White Christians also kidnap people
Islam invented algebra

so what's the problem ?