The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Will my grades be enough to get into the foundation course?

Hello,

I'm worried about my grades for my AS and A Level. it seems that in the last year of my school years i'm failing for the first time, I don't know if it's due to bad luck or the teeth surgery I had between my exams.

I took 3 AS level exams and 1 A level and I'm expecting to get 240~260 ucas points.
50% of the ucas points are probably because I did well in my A level but not so much in my AS level exams..
I want to get into art foundation for game art BA, is it possible with those points?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dana098123
Hello,

I'm worried about my grades for my AS and A Level. it seems that in the last year of my school years i'm failing for the first time, I don't know if it's due to bad luck or the teeth surgery I had between my exams.

I took 3 AS level exams and 1 A level and I'm expecting to get 240~260 ucas points.
50% of the ucas points are probably because I did well in my A level but not so much in my AS level exams..
I want to get into art foundation for game art BA, is it possible with those points?

Do you know how many UCAS points are required for the course you want to get on? If you get the same or above what the entry grades are you should get a place alright!

I know it's a stressful time but try not to worry too much about it, chances are you'll be fine, and if not you can always look into applying through clearing or try ringing the uni on results day and seeing if there's any places left 0

Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jessicab1996

Do you know how many UCAS points are required for the course you want to get on? If you get the same or above what the entry grades are you should get a place alright!

I know it's a stressful time but try not to worry too much about it, chances are you'll be fine, and if not you can always look into applying through clearing or try ringing the uni on results day and seeing if there's any places left 0

I was given a conditional offer in April,

its 200 ucas point, I did my A2 exam today and I did really well, got out of the exam and I recieved an email saying they can no longer offer me a place.
they said they have contacted the academic school to enquire if they can accept AS Levels, and the school have confirmed that they can accept AS if theyre accompanied by an A level or BTEC.

--
I don't understand whats even going on, the requirement for foundation is just up to year 12 (considering i'm an international student) and 200 ucas pionts.

its 200 ucas point, I did my A2 exam today and I did really well, got out of the exam and I recieved an email saying they can no longer offer me a place.
they said they have contacted the academic school to enquire if they can accept AS Levels, and the school have confirmed that they can accept AS if theyre accompanied by an A level or BTEC.

--
I don't understand whats even going on, the requirement for foundation is just up to year 12 (considering i'm an international student) and 200 ucas pionts.

Hmm that is very weird! It might be worth trying to ring the student services or student recruitment, I'm not sure why they would withdraw your offer at such a late stage. Did they give any reason as to why it's been withdrawn other than that?

The only things I could think of would be that there's something else on your application that didn't meet the criteria (but then I'm not sure why they would have offered you it in the first place if that was the case) or if the course has been dropped as not enough people applied. It's unusual for that to happen so late on in the year but I know that it can. As I say definitely give them a ring and get an answer, you might be able to work around the problem. Let me know what happens!

--

Unless they have stated that explicitly, it may be that the UCAS points are meant to come from A2 exams, and that an AS may be taken in place of one, rather than the majority being AS exams.

If I were you I'd ring them.
Reply 5
Hi there

I hope you're not feeling too worried about your grades - the last years of school and college can be very hard work. Try to keep calm and make sure you take some time out alongside your studies to rest and relax. Keep chatting to your teachers and peers at your school or college and other students on here too - you'll often find that lots of other people share your concerns about exams and revision.

In terms of our BA (Hons) Computer Games Art foundation course - this usually requires around 200 UCAS points. The admissions team consider every application individually but if you're expecting 240-260 points like you've mentioned above then this should usually be sufficient.

If you'd like some more information or clarification or just would like to speak to someone about your application, please email the School of Computing at [email protected] - they'll get back to you and let you know how they can help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending