The Student Room Group

Is this the most ignorant western society in recent years?

Currently we (in the west ) are seriously considering voting for donald trump as president of the biggest world power, to vote for nigel farage's wish to leave the largest trading body in the western hemisphere
we have thousands of western-born youth swarming to join a backward medeival thinking organisation in the middle east.
And finally we have far right parties all over western europe at their most prominent since wwii

as a 2nd gen immigration to the UK myself, im confused by all this and i would ask - Could any of the above be imagined 30 years ago?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The solution is Islam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by RezzBerry
The solution is Islam.

well its part of the above problem

Spoiler

The world is just a *****y place. With money, power and land on the minds of the powers that be, we can't do much about it.

Also: people following to unfollow on Instagram. Smh.
Original post by Chakede
well its part of the above problem

RASSSIST!
but since you seem so quick to demonize trump and anyone that gives a **** about the west. And evidently don't give a **** about the non elite, **** you HAHAHAHHAHAHA, I hope some ISIS fighter breaks your neck. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Conservationofmass
RASSSIST!
but since you seem so quick to demonize trump and anyone that gives a **** about the west. And evidently don't give a **** about the non elite, **** you HAHAHAHHAHAHA, I hope some ISIS fighter breaks your neck. :smile:

is fighters can only break necks of small children, to weak and cowardly to take on a full grown man like myself
Original post by Chakede
is fighters can only break necks of small children, to weak and cowardly to take on a full grown man like myself

Give it time, you may be an old man by then but the sort of people and polices I imagine you support, hopefully it'll be much sooner :smile:
Reply 7
Give it time, you may be an old man by then but the sort of people and polices I imagine you support, hopefully it'll be much sooner :smile:

hopefully they will get you in their cage first tho -
Original post by Chakede
hopefully they will get you in their cage first tho -

I very much doubt it, I'll be in another country by then...Away from all the unpatriotic filth.
Reply 9
I very much doubt it, I'll be in another country by then...Away from all the unpatriotic filth.

you can always be deported . you seem the sort that rubs ppl up the wrong way
Reply 10
haha because of people like you, this country is piss weak like all liberal nampy pampy left wingers. I won't have to worry there, not that I've done anything wrong. Though if I had nothing to lose I'd go straight to Ukraine.
Hopefully your children will be rape victims due to mass immigration and no one else's. Ect. Have fun cuckold :smile:.

hopefully the 'namby pamby leftie' russians get you over there and send you where they sent all the other right wing facists in 1945- fingers crossed that will be very soon - waste disposal is their speciality!
Original post by Chakede
hopefully the 'namby pamby leftie' russians get you over there and send you where they sent all the other right wing facists in 1945- fingers crossed that will be very soon - waste disposal is their speciality!

Haha, what makes you assume I am a fascist, and most Russians by left wing standards in the west would be considered Nazi's.
Also it's spelled fascist, and Russians, you absolute imbecile. I am a bit drunk and better at English than you....
Though that isn't really surprising. HAHA hope you get your head cut off.
Reply 12
Haha, what makes you assume I am a fascist, and most Russians by left wing standards in the west would be considered Nazi's.
Also it's spelled fascist, and Russians, you absolute imbecile. I am a bit drunk and better at English than you....
Though that isn't really surprising. HAHA hope you get your head cut off.

hopefully your one of those drunks the russians sorted out in marsellie recently- lol though ive a feeling youre too much of a coward to go over, still cowering in your bedroom talking tough. still one way or another, ppl like you always get whats coming
Original post by Chakede
hopefully your one of those drunks the russians sorted out in marsellie recently- lol though ive a feeling youre too much of a coward to go over, still cowering in your bedroom talking tough. still one way or another, ppl like you always get whats coming

Football games are insignificant to the greater picture to me. I will only go and fight when I don't believe I can make a significant amount of the money in the west.... But if I had nothing to lose....
HAHA. If so, or if not, so do people like you, moron. I'd be happy to die in a war furthering the wealth or greatness of my country, would you?
Though this country is an elitist **** whole filled with unpatriotic filth, such as labour voters, who complain about such issues brought about and advocated by the party they support. Though once the UK becomes a meaningless state in the United States of Europe I'd happily give up citizenship for a more, meaning full country, that deserves to survive culturally and economically.
Reply 14
Football games are insignificant to the greater picture to me. I will only go and fight when I don't believe I can make a significant amount of the money in the west.... But if I had nothing to lose....
HAHA. If so, or if not, so do people like you, moron. I'd be happy to die in a war furthering the wealth or greatness of my country, would you?
Though this country is an elitist **** whole filled with unpatriotic filth, such as labour voters, who complain about such issues brought about and advocated by the party they support. Though once the UK becomes a meaningless state in the United States of Europe I'd happily give up citizenship for a more, meaning full country, that deserves to survive culturally and economically.

unfortunatly for you (and fortunatley for the rest of us) that slimey society you want to lice in doesnt exist. your futire is to be locked away from decent society in a cell for the rest of your life with a large sweaty communist who misses his girlfriend. . im sure he will love your pointless political rhetoric
Original post by Chakede
unfortunatly for you (and fortunatley for the rest of us) that slimey society you want to lice in doesnt exist. your futire is to be locked away from decent society in a cell for the rest of your life with a large sweaty communist who misses his girlfriend. . im sure he will love your pointless political rhetoric

haha, by that quote I know you're a moron, where did I say I opposed communism.......... a decent society will not prevail with such people as you in it.
Original post by Chakede
Currently we (in the west ) are seriously considering voting for donald trump as president of the biggest world power, to vote for nigel farage's wish to leave the largest trading body in the western hemisphere
we have thousands of western-born youth swarming to join a backward medeival thinking organisation in the middle east.
And finally we have far right parties all over western europe at their most prominent since wwii

as a 2nd gen immigration to the UK myself, im confused by all this and i would ask - Could any of the above be imagined 30 years ago?

Hardly. Donald Trump may be a scary prospect but the reason for his rise is what needs to be analysed.

a) An intelligentsia that feels they know better than the average individual about what is best for a nation;
b) Expansion of the state and public institutions - too much reliance on the government to solve 'our' problems;
c) Far too much political correctness - rather than genuinely open conversations about a topic, there has been too much emphasis on emotions.

There are many more reasons for his rise, but these, in my opinion, are the most important.
Original post by Chakede

How does this make us 'ignorant'?

Why are you surprised by the rise of the Right and Donald Trump?

People have simply had enough.
Original post by Chakede

It could be noted that 30 years ago we wouldn't have foreseen the changes in the EU. It's not simply a large trading body, but that was what the voters 30 years ago thought they were voting the UK into. And we've also helped mess up a few countries in the Middle East since then, hence the increasingly political agenda that's been brewing in the region.

Just my two cents though.
Ignorant? If anything we're the opposite, we're too aware of islam. It's existence and presence does no good at all in the West, and that becomes more and more apparent. The aware people are made of islam, the more it's necessary to vote for people such as Trump and Farage, who, if you actually listen to the things they say, aren't actually all that bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending