The Student Room Group

Chances of offer - Economics at top unis

What are my chances of getting an offer for at least 2 (possibly more) of the following courses - Economics and Management at Oxford, Economics BSc at UCL, Economics/Finance at LSE (I'm currently undecided as to which to apply to) and Economics BSc at Warwick.

I ask as I would like to get into investment banking when older, so am only really interested into going to a 'target uni', however applying to these 4 competitive courses would leave me with only 1 'insurance' application.

For context I have 11A* and 1 A at GCSE, am doing further maths A-Level and expecting predictions of at least A*AAA for A2 (and possibly higher, up to A*A*A*A I think).

For my personal statement I have entered the RES essay competition, have done some wider reading, kept up to date with finance and economics news and am applying for finance work related experience this summer.
(edited 7 years ago)
TSR just isn't TSR without threads like these.
Original post by theDERS
What are my chances of getting an offer for at least 2 (possibly more) of the following courses - Economics and Management at Oxford, Economics BSc at UCL, Economics/Finance at LSE (I'm currently undecided as to which to apply to) and Economics BSc at Warwick.

I ask as I would like to get into investment banking when older, so am only really interested into going to a 'target uni', however applying to these 4 competitive courses would leave me with only 1 'insurance' application.

For context I have 11A* and 1 A at GCSE, am doing further maths A-Level and expecting predictions of at least A*AAA for A2 (and possibly higher, up to A*A*A*A I think).

For my personal statement I have entered the RES essay competition, have done some wider reading, kept up to date with finance and economics news and am applying for finance work related experience this summer.

If the profile you describe is accurate, you will only need one 'insurance' choice.
Reply 3
Based solely on the academic side GCSE 9A* 3A BAS AAABA* prediction A* Maths A* Physics A further maths Uni applications- Oxford,Warwick,UCL,Durham,ExeterAll for economics, what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending