The Student Room Group

Compulsory consent classes for guys at York uni from next year.

http://www.yorkvision.co.uk/news/compulsory-consent-classes-from-next-year/13/06/2016

If you firmed York I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems, being a ***** ain't one! :lol:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How patronizing:angry:
Original post by TheGuyReturns
http://www.yorkvision.co.uk/news/compulsory-consent-classes-from-next-year/13/06/2016

If you firmed York I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems, being a ***** ain't one! :lol:

Wow that's crazy, as if you really need to teach people not to be rapists.
Reply 3
Wait... Rape is bad?!?! I never knew, I raped like 20 people today, and I was apparently doing something bad? I thought the screaming and scratching was just rough play...

But seriously, it's only retards, or people who go to Eton who would need teaching that rape is bad. Everyone else is just a bad person.

Any news on something like this being implemented at Leeds Beckett, and does this york one require gay/bi/trans people to attend?
*sigh* and these are the future academics etc. that we're meant to be encouraging through university.
it won't do any harm I guess

obviously it won't stop any actual rapists
but it might make people think a little more about whether someone is too drunk to consent or whatever
Bt late, surely?
Hahahaha.

Only for the guys? Sex is a two party affair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd just change my gender for the day to get out of going

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Underscore__
I'd just change my gender for the day to get out of going

Posted from TSR Mobile
'Oh, didn't I tell you? I'm fluid, and feel more like a woman today.'

'**** YOU ANYWAY HERE'S A FINE.'
Wouldnt bother me at all.
If I felt it was a load of nonsense, then it would be easy to swutch off, unless ofc there was a test and practicals.
It's a bit rubbish how it only applies to freshers and new postgrads. If they wnat equality it should apply to all students of both sexes and all ages.
Does York have some sort of problem with these issues?
Reply 11
We are all potential rapists.. doesn't actually mean we are going out there with the intent to rape. If that is the case, then all women should completely avoid males. Surely this is the most condescending class ever?
Original post by Tootles
'Oh, didn't I tell you? I'm fluid, and feel more like a woman today.'

'**** YOU ANYWAY HERE'S A FINE.'

Why am I getting fined?

EDIT: I've just reread the article, forgot the fine part. I'm sure my right to be gender fluid non-binary queer would be respected by the uni
(edited 7 years ago)
@University of York care to comment?
Why not consent classes for both men and women?
Considering this (incredibly stereotypical and ignorant) class is quite clearly aimed at males who rape females, couldn't you just claim to be gay and get out of it lmao?
Reply 16
Original post by AnnieGakusei

The original article makes no mention of the classes being male only, I think OP made that bit up.
Lol, how insulting.
Reply 18
Yorkannot be serious
Reply 19
Original post by AnnieGakusei

It is a consent class for both men and women.

All the time rape is happening, this is a good idea. Too little too late, because it should be taught to small children that no means no, but it can't do any harm.

Quick Reply

Latest