The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Nursing September 2016 Magee

Hi,

I am hopefully starting my nursing in september 2016 just waiting on results. Could anyone give me an idea of what the timetable is like? I need to sort childcare out.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becks1988
Hi,

I am hopefully starting my nursing in september 2016 just waiting on results. Could anyone give me an idea of what the timetable is like? I need to sort childcare out.

Thanks

Hi becks. At the open evening they said adult nursing would be Monday Tuesday and Wednesday mostly full days and possibly half day Thursday. I'm in the same predicament so hoping we get info more in August time but I think it will really be September 😔
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey i also got accepted too, i was wondering if you can pick the people you would like to live with and also what are they like for people stay over if? x
Reply 3
Original post by Rockgirl2016
Hi becks. At the open evening they said adult nursing would be Monday Tuesday and Wednesday mostly full days and possibly half day Thursday. I'm in the same predicament so hoping we get info more in August time but I think it will really be September 😔

Hi

Ah right thats great thanks. Three full days isn't so bad then, as i'm going to be travelling from Lurgan everyday. I missed the open night, I wonder if they will be holding anymore during the Summer?!
Hi

Ah right thats great thanks. Three full days isn't so bad then, as i'm going to be travelling from Lurgan everyday. I missed the open night, I wonder if they will be holding anymore during the Summer?!

As far as I know that was the only night. But I know we have to go up with our results and to do access ni clearing. They did say that they have taken on more students this year so I think there's going to be 4/5 classes with 50 odd students in each so days etc will vary. Probably won't know which class til freshers week. I am so excited!! lol. Where are you from?
[QUOTE=Raegss;65755853]Hey i also got accepted too, i was wondering if you can pick the people you would like to live with and also what are they like for people stay over if? x

Sorry I'm not too sure about any of this.. At the open evening though I'm sure the accommodation people did say you can pick who to live with but they advise against it as friends are difficult to live with. But I'm sure they will try to accommodate you the best they can 😃
Reply 6
As far as I know that was the only night. But I know we have to go up with our results and to do access ni clearing. They did say that they have taken on more students this year so I think there's going to be 4/5 classes with 50 odd students in each so days etc will vary. Probably won't know which class til freshers week. I am so excited!! lol. Where are you from?

I'm so nervous, so much to sort before starting! Whereabouts are you from? I get my results today from my adult access course, I wonder when do i bring those up? Gonna ring the school and see if there will be another information evening held.
Reply 7
Original post by Raegss
Hey i also got accepted too, i was wondering if you can pick the people you would like to live with and also what are they like for people stay over if? x

Hey,

I got an email the other day about an accommodation open day think its this week or next. I don't know anything about it tho, i'll be travelling up and down.
I'm so nervous, so much to sort before starting! Whereabouts are you from? I get my results today from my adult access course, I wonder when do i bring those up? Gonna ring the school and see if there will be another information evening held.

I get my results on Friday from adult access also. can't wait to see how iv done.. And hopefully enough to get in! I'm from Coleraine so won't have far to go compared to you. I know we need all our immunisations etc upto date but I'm not sure what ones it is we need
Reply 9
Hey,

I got an email the other day about an accommodation open day think its this week or next. I don't know anything about it tho, i'll be travelling up and down.

do you know what day, times or anything ?
Reply 10
Original post by Raegss
do you know what day, times or anything ?

Just checked, its this Saturday 18th June from 10am to 2pm. It says no appointment necessary you just show up. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 11
Just checked, its this Saturday 18th June from 10am to 2pm. It says no appointment necessary you just show up. Hope that helps :smile:

aww great, thank you so much xx
Reply 12
I get my results on Friday from adult access also. can't wait to see how iv done.. And hopefully enough to get in! I'm from Coleraine so won't have far to go compared to you. I know we need all our immunisations etc upto date but I'm not sure what ones it is we need

Ah thats great, well good luck for Friday then! Hopefully when they confirm our places they will send out more info! :smile:
Reply 13
i was wondering how and when do you pick your accommodation. also is there any fees i have to pay for the course, also how do you apply for your bursery and how much do you receive? also do you recieve any help if your parents are on a low income ? many thanks xx
Reply 14
Original post by Raegss
i was wondering how and when do you pick your accommodation. also is there any fees i have to pay for the course, also how do you apply for your bursery and how much do you receive? also do you recieve any help if your parents are on a low income ? many thanks xx

Hey,

Not sure about accommodation, but think the bursery is roughly £430 per month. Not sure about the other help you can get and I dont think you can apply for anything until a week or two before the course starts.
Hiya,
Rockgirl2016 did you get your results from your access course? How did you
get on :smile:
[QUOTE=Monicablack;66236365]Hiya,
Rockgirl2016 did you get your results from your access course? How did you
get on :smile:

Yes done well. Emailed to Ulster so definitely going whoop! What about yourself?
Yeah I got my grades so happy :smile: just received my unconditional offer yesterday :smile:
I'm sure it won't be long now until you hear :smile:
Yes got my unconditional offer also. Can't wait to get more info etc. Do you know what immunisations we needed before we start?
Yes got my unconditional offer also. Can't wait to get more info etc. Do you know what immunisations we needed before we start?

No idea 😔 However I'm hoping we don't have too long to wait until we hear some more information :smile:, there's a wee group on Facebook now for Magee nursing students starting in September

Quick Reply

Latest