The Student Room Group

AQA A2 French Writing - help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by learner248
Im doing maupassant :smile:

How long are you gonna spend on the essay?
How did everyone find it?
i hated that exam. Nice essay questions (though i ran out of time to conclude it) but the listening and reading were difficult. Especially the listening! I spent way too much on it
Reply 23
I found the listening and translations awful! But the essay questions were really good, so I'm relieved about that.
Original post by MClu04
I found the listening and translations awful! But the essay questions were really good, so I'm relieved about that.

I think everyone is in the same boat, I wouldnt worry. I was trying not to stress out when I went over my timings on the listening - really mean questions this year I thought!!

A well-written essay is bound to bring up marks!! :smile:
Original post by jesskharrisx
i hated that exam. Nice essay questions (though i ran out of time to conclude it) but the listening and reading were difficult. Especially the listening! I spent way too much on it

Yeah I completely agree essays were nice but ran out of time and translations were horrible
Reply 26
I agree as well. I hated the listenings (normally I spend 20 mins on them but spent 40 mins on them today). This mucked up my timings for everything else. I loved the essays though (I did 12 a)
i think the listenings were the hardest, they were so subject specific and complex. The dog cloning, the 3 responses to immigration (can't remember) and the first one about gypsies were just awful it all muddled together and normally listening is quite clear. i think the best listening question was the 7/8 marker on les energies renouvelables at a push! also, the translations were bizarre. it's annoying that for the last exam for this spec they've made it more difficult than the rest of the years, including AS
Hey guys! Terrible listening and translation exercises, very mean and random questions. Essay questions were not as bad, but still not great (anyone who does Au Revoir Les Enfants will know what I'm talking about) Anyone else doing ARLE chose 14a) ?
I was predicted an A*, but not sure how that will turn out...
That was a horrendous exam, the listening was a feckin joke. Did 12B
Reply 30
You gain more ticks by using fancy language and pronouns and use all the tenses
if you use the pronouns such as le, eux etc Also brush up on your french vocabulary
Does anyone have any idea what the last sentence on the French to English translation was trying to say?
Reply 32
Original post by EmilyImpossible
Does anyone have any idea what the last sentence on the French to English translation was trying to say?

I think, from what I can remember, it was that we should remind world leaders that it could have been them in the place of disadvantaged people, if fate had been different.
It was so difficult... the essay titles were quite hard and I feel I took a massive risk by choosing a niche approach (I did 14b on Truffaut's films) I just hope it paid off.Ten of our listening tracks were missing too, so we had to have 15 mins extra time to make up for that which was lost when they were trying to find the tracks... did anyone else have problems with the listening??
Original post by connieiscrazy
It was so difficult... the essay titles were quite hard and I feel I took a massive risk by choosing a niche approach (I did 14b on Truffaut's films) I just hope it paid off.Ten of our listening tracks were missing too, so we had to have 15 mins extra time to make up for that which was lost when they were trying to find the tracks... did anyone else have problems with the listening??

Oh gosh :frown:

Our listening tracks were problematic and kept freezing, plus the lights kept flickering on and off so at one point we were in darkness - so distracting :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending