3)A&B (1 mark)
4)B&C (1 mark)
5)77 (3 marks)
6)9:50 (3 marks)
7) C squared= A squared+ B squared
AND
C=1/2 ab (2 marks)
8)5.5
9) 10 and - somthing (i cant remember) ( 5 marks)
10) 4.95 (4 marks)
11) draw the thing (3 marks)
12)cant rember what i wrote (4 marks)
14) graph 2- A graph 3- D graph 5-B graph 6-C (4 marks)
15) 270 and 90 (i just guessed that ahaa) (1 mark)

Feel free to correct me idk whats right and whats wrong :smile: What do you guys remember putting down??
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don;t even know what I put down.
I'm not sure if I got the Sine graph questions.

The first question I inputted sine(0.5) into my calculator and got something like 0.9912.... the i took 0.9912(whatever)... away from 360 giving me 359.011......

Im pretty sure the above was wrong, lucky it was only 1 mark.

Second question I halfed the upper and lower points on the graph and drew the curved line

Third question I doubled the upper and lower points on the sine graph and drew the curved line.

Hoping i got 2/3 I was not prepared for this question.
Answer to the first sine question was x=30 and x=150 I found this online...

Screenshot_2016-06-14-14-20-17.png

..wish I read that before the exam 😞
Looks like I got sine questions 2 and 3 correct, judging by this...

grafik-trigonometri-5-638.jpg
Reply 5
Hi me too, breezed through to no 8 then struggled and left several questions out completely!

But I thought final answer to
6) was: arriving at 9:30am?

and 7) was :
C squared= A squared+ B squared
AND
C= square root of a squared + b squared

Original post by rumrumrose
Heyy guys!! How did you find unit 3??
I found it okay at the beginning but then it just got really hard :colondollar:

This is what i wrote down but idk if it was right or not
1) 5L (4 marks)
2) C&D (1 mark)
3)A&B (1 mark)
4)B&C (1 mark)
5)77 (3 marks)
7) C squared= A squared+ B squared
AND
C=1/2 ab (2 marks)
8)5.5
9) 10 and - somthing (i cant remember) ( 5 marks)
10) 4.95 (4 marks)
11) draw the thing (3 marks)
12)cant rember what i wrote (4 marks)
14) graph 2- A graph 3- D graph 5-B graph 6-C (4 marks)
15) 270 and 90 (i just guessed that ahaa) (1 mark)

Feel free to correct me idk whats right and whats wrong :smile: What do you guys remember putting down??
(edited 7 years ago)
Heyy guys!! How did you find unit 3??
I found it okay at the beginning but then it just got really hard :colondollar:

This is what i wrote down but idk if it was right or not

Was Q6 the one about the journey, i got that he left at 09:00 and arrived 2.5 hours later at 11:30. Cant remember the question, only the answer. I know I used D/SxT formula triangle to work it out.

My answer was 11:30, I think?, I definatly added 2.5 hours to the start time

What did everyone else get?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
er, i believe it was a 7am start time, so plus 2.5 , 9:30 ? no?
cant remeber how I worked it out but definitely didnt use a formula.. hope still get marks for my method!

Original post by bigoliver
Was Q6 the one about the journey, i got that he left at 09:00 and arrived 2.5 hours later at 11:30. Cant remember the question, only the answer. I know I used D/SxT formula triangle to work it out.

My answer was 11:30, I think?, I definatly added 2.5 hours to the start time

What did everyone else get?
(edited 7 years ago)
lol rawan i definetly failed that exammmmm!
Reply 9
Original post by ssoliman00
lol rawan i definetly failed that exammmmm!

Meee i saw u ask for extra paper and i was barely filling the spaces provided on the paper :biggrin:
Original post by nemski
er, i believe it was a 7am start time, so plus 2.5 , 9:30 ? no?
cant remeber how I worked it out but definitely didnt use a formula.. hope still get marks for my method!

That sounds right, I must have 9:30am too then 😃
You must have divided the distance by the speed to get the time. That is what the formula triangle does...
Screenshot_2016-06-14-16-14-32.png
Meee i saw u ask for extra paper and i was barely filling the spaces provided on the paper :biggrin:

Girlllll i ended up not even using it.. wallah i didn't get a B, i just know it now.. i'm literally so upset. I hate myself for having that "giving up" attitude whenever i find like 1 hard question and then find no motivation to complete the rest which makes it seem like its hard to me. I'm gonna be s****** my pants on results day.
Reply 12
I'm 41 and only went in as moral support for my son who is 11! Got a C at 16 and a little embarrassed that, despite having more maths knowledge now having helped him, I am in danger of getting a D 25 years later!

It seems a lot harder now ?

That sounds right, I must have 9:30am too then 😃
You must have divided the distance by the speed to get the time. That is what the formula triangle does...
Screenshot_2016-06-14-16-14-32.png
Original post by nemski
I'm 41 and only went in as moral support for my son who is 11! Got a C at 16 and a little embarrassed that, despite having more maths knowledge now having helped him, I am in danger of getting a D 25 years later!

It seems a lot harder now ?

Im 38 and started doing maths with my son to help him.
This paper was particulary hard imo.

I got a D at 15/16 and I believe I got an A* this time, I'm confident enough to appeal any other mark.

I don't think it's harder now, dont really remember how hard it was before, but I do think the modern V.P.A.M display calculators are an advantage than the calculators in our day...

PicsArt_06-14-05.02.53.jpg

How was you able to sit this exam, did your son's school offer this?

My son would hate it if I sat the exam with him and his mates lol. Maybe this is just because it would be unusual/unheard-of in his school

<<EDIT>>
Just re read your post, your son is 11! He must be gifted to be doing GCSE higher papers at that age.
No wonder your son wanted you there and the school allowed it.
Is your son still at Primary or first year of secondary school?
(edited 7 years ago)
How do you even know what you put down? I did this exam at the beginning of May
Original post by jasminenctang
How do you even know what you put down? I did this exam at the beginning of May

Are you sure you did this exam? If so I wish I could have revised with you, I only took this unit 3 paper today!
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you sure you did this exam? If so I wish I could have revised with you, I only took it today.

AQA right?
Reply 17
We home educate and he has ASD / anxiety and he wouldn't have gone in without me.. He took Foundation and I did Higher. He is bright but not very motivated! So I really did it for the experience and to have something to work towards... I'm worried tho that it was too much pressure on him and he also struggled to interpret the questions correctly (they made an error in the paper too which may have thrown him) .

Im 38 and started doing maths with my son to help him.

I got a D at 15/16 and I believe I got an A* this time, I'm confident enough to appeal any other mark.

I don't think it's harder now, dont really remember how hard it was before, but I do think the modern V.P.A.M display calculators are an advantage than the calculators in our day...

My son would hate it if I sat the exam with him and his mates lol. Maybe this is just because it would be unusual/unheard-of in his school

<<EDIT>>
Just re read your post, your son is 11! He must be gifted to be doing GCSE higher papers at that age.
Reply 18
Why did you do it again ?
QUOTE=bigoliver;65771571]Im 38 and started doing maths with my son to help him.

<<EDIT>>
Original post by nemski
We home educate and he has ASD / anxiety and he wouldn't have gone in without me.. He took Foundation and I did Higher. He is bright but not very motivated! So I really did it for the experience and to have something to work towards... I'm worried tho that it was too much pressure on him and he also struggled to interpret the questions correctly (they made an error in the paper too which may have thrown him) .

I may have jumped to a few conclusions in my previous post.
Home schooling must be hard, I really hope your son did well and ejoyed the experience. It is really sweet and a great credit to you that you care so much about your son's schooling that you sat the exam with him.

I started doing maths to help my son, I found I enjoy it and sat the exam to prove to myself that I can do it. Ever since failing (well getting a D grade) at school I've wanted to resit, and finally I've done it now.
Ive enjoyed it so much I want to do A level maths next year
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending