The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tezzaa
yup.

YEP
Original post by jesskharrisx
can anyone remember any answers to questions?! i thought that exam was genuinely horrific

I'll think of you enjoying your resit whilst I sip champagne surrounding my esteemed fellows preceding polo, c'est la vie!
Original post by La_magicienne
Yes me too! Did you do the film?

For 'la vie penible' I got 'la galere' meaning chore/pain/hell.
The first listening I found so hard. All the questions were on really specific topic areas (cloning dogs/electronic bracelets etc) I thought this year!? The translations were a bit mean I thought.:angry:

Did anyone else do the metteur en scene question which was something like
"Analysez les principales influences... A votre avis, est-ce que ces influences sont plus fortes sur les techniques ou les themes?" :smile:

Yes! I got 'la galere' as well and I did the metteur en scene question! I've done Les Choristes, and I loved the question but I feel like I could have answered it a lot better if I had time to structure it a bit better than I did (e.g. influence, how it manifests as a theme, how it manifests as a technique, what I think is stronger)

The first listening I found so hard. All the questions were on really specific topic areas (cloning dogs/electronic bracelets etc) I thought this year!? The translations were a bit mean I thought.:angry:

"Analysez les principales influences... A votre avis, est-ce que ces influences sont plus fortes sur les techniques ou les themes?" :smile:

Omg i put galere and crossed it out ffs. I did that essay for Stromae!
can anyone remember any answers to questions?! i thought that exam was genuinely horrific

Completely joking. Worst exam of my life.
Original post by CJaneH
I put la galère! I did that question too, I did it for La Haine by Kassovitz :smile: I hated how many environment questions it had as its my least favourite topic

Yay!! We've both got one mark in the bag already haha :smile: Ah I did Amelie by Jeunet! I said that the influences were stronger on the techniques he used, what about you?

I'm a bit worried I didnt really mention themes as much but I did justify why techniques were more strongly influenced so hopefully it will be okay!?

YES that was the question I did!!! I did it on Louis Malle and basically just wrote about his influences, themes and techniques without linking them together because I wasn't sure what the question meant! Somebody please translate it for me and tell me what it was asking??
(Also yay I wrote la galere)
The synonyms were, la galere, tente, des soins, and la réussite (can't spell right sorry) I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Original post by CanadianWarlord
I'll think of you enjoying your resit whilst I sip champagne surrounding my esteemed fellows preceding polo, c'est la vie!

pride comes before a fall...

just saying.
Yay!! We've both got one mark in the bag already haha :smile: Ah I did Amelie by Jeunet! I said that the influences were stronger on the techniques he used, what about you?

I'm a bit worried I didnt really mention themes as much but I did justify why techniques were more strongly influenced so hopefully it will be okay!?

Eyyyy I did Amelie too~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rebecca30
YES that was the question I did!!! I did it on Louis Malle and basically just wrote about his influences, themes and techniques without linking them together because I wasn't sure what the question meant! Somebody please translate it for me and tell me what it was asking??
(Also yay I wrote la galere)

I think it means

"Analyse the main influences on the director you have studied. In your opinion, are these influences stronger on the techniques or the themes" - I think?
Original post by d4rkshines_
The synonyms were, la galere, tente, des soins, and la réussite (can't spell right sorry) I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

i thought it was medicines because soigner was used in the infinitive wasn't it? as opposed to synonym 'des traitments' but i put all the others so fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got all of those too, yay :smile:
What did everyone put for the reading fill in the gaps, i think i put arbres as the first but it might have been racines.
I think it means

"Analyse the main influences on the director you have studied. In your opinion, are these influences stronger on the techniques or the themes" - I think?

Damn I didn't answer that at all then lol. Hopefully I won't lose too many marks :frown:
i thought it was medicines because soigner was used in the infinitive wasn't it? as opposed to synonym 'des traitments' but i put all the others so fingers crossed

Maybe? I thought it was treatments and guessed 'soins' and I checked it means care so who knows haha~ Oh well you're probably right:')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by negin1347
What did everyone put for the reading fill in the gaps, i think i put arbres as the first but it might have been racines.

I put racines :s-smilie: That gapfill looked easy at first glance but was actually not that nice:colonhash:
Original post by negin1347

i put racines because it was talking about acid in the soil i think

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I had! I'm hoping my listening/reading marks will make up for what I lost in the French to English translation :/
I mistook 'cuivre' as meaning leather instead of copper (I was thinking 'cuir') and wasn't sure how to phrase the last sentence (something about how anyone could have been in Jamel's position if fate had decided it)
Original post by rebecca30
Damn I didn't answer that at all then lol. Hopefully I won't lose too many marks :frown:

I'm sure it will be okay :smile: I found that paper so much harder than all of the past papers, was a bit stunned when I listened to the first listening track :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending