The Student Room Group

Intensive A level Ucas Points

So I'm currently completing an intensive a level but am really confused on how the ucas points work out. Can anyone tell me whether I would still get points from the AS side if I fail the A2 Exams ( get a U) ?
Sorry for the poor explanation, couldn't make it simpler!
"intensive" would it not be easier to state which A-level it is..?
Original post by JohnGreek
Yep - you'd get the points for your AS examination, but not your A2 examination. An A at AS level is worth 20 UCAS points with the new system for 2017 entry.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/calculator

As you can see, the actual subjects you take don't matter - they all get the same points, regardless of whether they're Further Maths or General Studies.

Yup- but many unis don't accept General studies :P
Original post by Tsunaomi
Yup- but many unis don't accept General studies :P

Yea, or critical thinking!
Original post by isabel.w
So I'm currently completing an intensive a level but am really confused on how the ucas points work out. Can anyone tell me whether I would still get points from the AS side if I fail the A2 Exams ( get a U) ?
Sorry for the poor explanation, couldn't make it simpler!

Don't worry. The UCAS points system works out to be quite simple. An AS level subject provides you with half the points for a full A level subject. So for instance if you get an A grade for a complete A level subject, you get 120 UCAS points. Therefore if you're to just to do an AS level you'll be rewarded 60 UCAs points which is half the points for a full A level.
So basically your UCAS points will be accounted even for doing just first year of A level. But you'll only be awarded half the points for AS level.
Reply 5
Thank you all of you for your help! Its law that I'm studying , I've already had my AS exams and think they went really well but don't think my A2 ones will go too well. So a relief to know I will still get into uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest