The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraEdexcel
Did anyone do gottesman and shields for description of procedure?

I did Mumford and Whitehouse mainly because I could evaluate questionnaires then and the procedure has quite a lot to say about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did
Reply 702
Original post by eklok
am i the only person who did 9b? :frown:

I did 9b as well:wink:
Reply 703

Yes I did and then evaluated twin studies
Did anyone do Cook and Mineka for the procedure question, & did you evaluate it as a lab study?
Did anyone write about Castner et al and then evaluate animal studies?
i did becker et al and then evaluated naturalistic experiment
For the 18 marker on ethnocentrism I mentioned:

What it is
Cultural issues with diagnoses
Eysenck on iq
Etic and emic approaches to psychology
Milgram
Mary Ainsworth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question on science:
Quantitative data, empirical, falsifiable, reductionist, objective, reliable, paradigm, hypothetical deductive model

I basically wrote the same for each question on the science section

Posted from TSR Mobile
i 'tried' evaluating correlation but failed.. only wrote one point and is that they could look for a relationship... but anyways, for the procedure, i wrote this, but not how he looked for the concordance "e.g. grade 1 both client and co-twin..etc"

How many marks you reckon this would get?

Procedure: secondary data was gathered from 1 hospital from the US. They used a sample of 57 twin pairs 24 MZ, 33 DZ, Twins were tested for zygosity using blood tests and finger prints as well as visual appearance. In addition to the hospital diagnosis, the following information was obtained: case histories based on a self-report questionnaire and interview with the twins and their parents to provide a record of verbal behavioura personality testa test used to measure disordered thinking conducted on twins and parents
I did Goldstein procedure and evaluated longitudinal studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why wouldn't you do the second essay?? It was a dream! The clinical section was beautiful, although I evaluated interviews as the main research method for Mumford and whitehouse, and someone pointed out its main meas a questionairre. I imagine that if that matters, there's preobably still a 3 mark cap for evaluating a research method, but the wrong one.

The science questions were eh, as was the content analysis, but overall I'm fairly confident I've got my A star. Note to future self that if when the grade boundaries come through its 60/90 for an A star again I've probably certainly got it. Haha thanks student room
Anyone remember the questions?

Need them from order
Social norms definition
Evaluation of social norms definition
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jablonski
Why wouldn't you do the second essay?? It was a dream! The clinical section was beautiful, although I evaluated interviews as the main research method for Mumford and whitehouse, and someone pointed out its main meas a questionairre. I imagine that if that matters, there's preobably still a 3 mark cap for evaluating a research method, but the wrong one.

The science questions were eh, as was the content analysis, but overall I'm fairly confident I've got my A star. Note to future self that if when the grade boundaries come through its 60/90 for an A star again I've probably certainly got it. Haha thanks student room

I agree, the paper was a nice paper. I think I've got around 70, so hopefully an a A*. I'm shocked at how many people found it difficult to be honest, the clinical section was straight forward and if you knew psychology as a science (empirical, quantitative, reductionist, reliable, objective etc) and daycare as a contribution you were fine in the issues and debates section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good to hear I wasn't the only one who struggled with it... I was worried I wouldn't finish it, and that was with extra time! I'm hoping going for 9b was a wise move... What did people think of the design-a-content-analysis question?
Reply 715
i found the content analysis question extremely difficult :frown:
Can someone remind me what the 9b question was - I saw ethnocentrism and just went for it hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 717
guys, i forgot to mark my question for number 9 D:
would the examiner not mark it if I didn't cross the box??
Anyone do second half of the 18 marker? If so what did you talk about!?😖
Original post by Silfuyumi12
Good to hear I wasn't the only one who struggled with it... I was worried I wouldn't finish it, and that was with extra time! I'm hoping going for 9b was a wise move... What did people think of the design-a-content-analysis question?

Silly question!

I wrote they should get stories from a library, using a random and stratified sample. Randomly pick the books but stratified by age group of the books. They should then tally words relating to the aim (quantitative data) and then write a brief summary of the stories (qualitative data) and a sample of 5 stories provides a representative sample. Then operationalise by if the book is gender biased or gender neutral

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending