The Student Room Group

Leave now or never

They won't let us vote again for decades so for our generation it's the only chance we have to leave this bureaucratic,expensive,undemocratic,useless EU. While America and China will rule the world if we stay in this EU we will be stuck in a complex block of flats where Germany rules. Germany doesn't let us make deals with the United States because they want to be the rulers of the EU. Blair wanted us to join the Euro saying it would have been a success. History has proved him wrong,the Euro is fail and Greece,Italy,Portugal,Spain are poorer than before they joined.If we joined the Euro we would be poorer.
This country was born to lead not to follow. Leave
You have no basis for saying this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to leave.

"Germany doesn't let us make deals with the United States because they want to be the rulers of the EU." Childish baseless nonsense.

This is not a vote for joining the euro, it's a vote for staying in the EU.
Absolutely mate. Ive copy pasted this from my own thread to yours:

My fellow British friends,

I would like to show you this video to encourage you to Vote Leave on Thursday 23rd of June. The knowledge given in this video is really good. I hope you can at least spend a short time to listen to what he has to say:

[video="youtube;JFt-pRIvL9E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFt-pRIvL9E[/video]

"They say we cant do it on our own. We say we can. We are a great country. ..Take back control of huge sums of money, Take back control of our borders, Take back control of our economic policy, our tax, our trade and take back control of our democracy. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the country to speak up." - Boris Johnson

Its true my fellow british friends. We need to leave. Our independent control of our country should matter more than anything else.
We need to stop listening to David Cameron's lies and deceitful propaganda. They are all lies to make us stay in the EU so that the elite companies can make profit.
They say that if we leave the EU we will break, and we will have to wait 10 years to renegotiate new trade deals. Thats a LIE.
It will probably take us only 2-6 months to renegotiate new trade deals. Maybe a year max.

EU is a dictatorship. They rob us £35+million every month/year. We could have used that money to invest in new businesses, build new factories, new companies, new clinics/hospitals and new jobs. We could have used that money to invest in other country's businesses so that they can come and create jobs here. But we cannot afford that because we have to pay £35+billion every month/year to the EU. Thats why our economy has been crumbling for the past 14 years.

Things might get even more difficult with more immigrants and additional countries to the EU.

If we stay in the EU, we will never be able to leave for a VERY long time, and the EU will continue to rob us. EU is not as easy as it was 46 years ago. Things have changed. Dont believe in David Cameron and his team's lies.
Believe in the Leave campaign.
Original post by tengentoppa

"Germany doesn't let us make deals with the United States because they want to be the rulers of the EU." Childish baseless nonsense.

I think OP's saying that politicians aren't always right.
Original post by AnnieGakusei
I think OP's saying that politicians aren't always right.

Given there are prominent politicians on both sides of the debate, it's not the strongest argument
Given there are prominent politicians on both sides of the debate, it's not the strongest argument

The leaders of the three main parties are all pro Europe as are the official party positions.
I think pro - EU politicians would try to use it as a mandate to refer back to and try to deny any further referendum votes. Plus I see Germany trying to force all EU member states into an non-dissolvable EU state which is a real fear I believe. However, if well over 40 percent vote for out I can't really see how the UK could carry on being in the EU with half its population wanting out even if remain win - its hardly an overwhelming endorsement of the EU. Holding nearly half the population to being in the EU would be unjust as it would be easier for the Remainers to stomach being out than Leaver being held to being in against their will.

I have, at best we'll vote again in 25 years and it's fair after all. We can't make referendums every 2 years. The 'baseless' nonsense is written in the EU treaties. Same for the immigrants that we'll have to let in if we stay in the EU.
Original post by RoyalMarine
The Euro is fail and Greece,Italy,Portugal,Spain are poorer than before they joined.e
proof ?

e.g. : Italy joined the eurozone in 1999. GDP was at 1171 million euros. GDP increased to 1636 millions by 2015

http://dati.istat.it/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gavin2016
I think pro - EU politicians would try to use it as a mandate to refer back to and try to deny any further referendum votes. Plus I see Germany trying to force all EU member states into an non-dissolvable EU state which is a real fear I believe. However, if well over 40 percent vote for out I can't really see how the UK could carry on being in the EU with half its population wanting out even if remain win - its hardly an overwhelming endorsement of the EU. Holding nearly half the population to being in the EU would be unjust as it would be easier for the Remainers to stomach being out than Leaver being held to being in against their will.

So it would be OK appeasing the minority instead of acting according to the how the majority of people have voted?

If you lose a vote then you lose a vote. I'm voting remain but if leave win I'll have to accept it.
you're right in the sense that this is our only oppprtunity to actually *leave* the EU - we'll get referendums from now on regarding an increase in EU powers/treaty change, but not another in-out referendum - clearly this is one for keeps
It will be all over in 7 days!
Amen
Original post by ODES_PDES
It will be all over in 7 days!
Amen

Unless we vote out and then there's 2 years of exit negotiations to follow.:smile:

But yeah it is becoming a bit tedious, everyone debates for hours but I think we've all pretty much made up our minds regardless.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RoyalMarine
While America and China will rule the world if we stay in this EU we will be stuck in a complex block of flats where Germany rules.

Have you heard this podcast?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07hjvk4

We have indeed been overruled on 55 or so laws in the last few years, but we have supported and been in favour of over 2000.

Just out of curiosity, which laws specifically determined by Germany are you not in favour of, or is it just a general prejudice you have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending