The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Also just realised I discussed "plotting a scattergraph" and seeing if there is a relationship for not reading the content analysis question - definitely not getting into university now 🤗🤗

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone else do EWT for unit 3 ( criminal ) as a contribution?
Original post by lauraEdexcel

I did daycare

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people wrote for Ethnocentrism? I went on n on designing about cultures, groups different areas of the world which was all okay I think but evaluate I spoke about Holfling , Milgram, Malgady but then said much of the research evidence is lab based ect? Is this wrong ?
Could token economy programmes be a contribution e.g. for criminal (to aid social control)?
Did you mention cognitive interviews and how they allow people to give an account of what they saw?
Am I the only one who did systematic desensitisation for the clinical 12 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did that one too. Just spoke about the hierarchy and that and gave an example. Evaluation I struggled, what did you put?
So relieved that's all over- actually got finished :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Areefa
I did 9b as well:wink:

What psychological ideas/ theories did you use?

yes :smile:
for those who did question 9b as the 18 marker:

did the question ask to talk about the soldier's role or the officers?
Reply 733
I forgot to outline the disorder for the evaluation of an explanation.
Would i still get marks?
I wrote biological for the explanation but i did not see a blank space for disorder😢
Original post by Sallaaaayy
for those who did question 9b as the 18 marker:

did the question ask to talk about the soldier's role or the officers?

pretty sure it was the officers, and how they take control of the soldiers! which theories/ psychological ideas did you use?
Original post by keyadeb
I forgot to outline the disorder for the evaluation of an explanation.
Would i still get marks?
I wrote biological for the explanation but i did not see a blank space for disorder😢

As long as they can tell which evaluation you're writing about I assume you would still get the marks
Original post by Bubbles66
pretty sure it was the officers, and how they take control of the soldiers! which theories/ psychological ideas did you use?

omg no:frown: i thought it was about the soldiers?! are you sure?

I talked about Social identity theory, agency theory, and cue dependant forgetting talking about context cues so the soldiers can recall information better

how about you?
Reply 737
Did anyone do Goldstein for the "evaluate the research method not the study itself" question? I think it was a 5 marker but I left it till last because my mind went blank and I couldn't figure out what research method was used, what did you guys put?
Original post by joshnewbs
I did that one too. Just spoke about the hierarchy and that and gave an example. Evaluation I struggled, what did you put?

I put solyom, agras and hain and coldwell who found it was effective and the relaxation component was not necessary. I then said it's only really effective for anxiety disorders, not disorders such as depression. I compared this with dream analysis
Reply 739
Original post by Bubbles66
What psychological ideas/ theories did you use?

I used bind obedience
prejudice (SIT and realistic conflict)
Social control ( like power of being in the army)
I didn't have time to give a good answer with quality and depth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending