The Student Room Group

Help on personal statement?

I'm currently at the stage of beginning to draft my personal statement and don't know what to do or where to start. I don't know what I want to do yet, so I need to write my statement very broadly? Any advice on how to start and the structure and what to include?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by govtandpolitics
I'm currently at the stage of beginning to draft my personal statement and don't know what to do or where to start. I don't know what I want to do yet, so I need to write my statement very broadly? Any advice on how to start and the structure and what to include?
Thank you :smile:

The point of a personal statement is to help you apply to a uni course and unless you have a course/career in mind it is very difficult to begin a personal statement. It's reasonably easy to list your skills and attributes, but for a successful personal statement these really need to be applied to your chosen course. Different courses have very different things that should be included. The PS builder tool (linked in my signature) will be useful to help you make a start, but I can't stress enough how much easier it is to write when you have a course in mind that you are passionate about.
Reply 2
https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/ucas-personal-statement-worksheet.pdf you could start with answering these questions as a first draft

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending