The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
and for le sort , I put fortune
Original post by Megh01
I put he earns barely enough to live on as I swear you can translate se nourrir as to live on? is that wrong?

no as nouritture has nothing 2 do with living on
What was it talking about saying sommet and g8 in the translation?
Original post by skye_eve
What was it talking about saying sommet and g8 in the translation?

It's on about the G8 Summit thing
Original post by Pablo Picasso
no as nouritture has nothing 2 do with living on

The translation of se nourrir de in the AQA vocab list is to live on :smile:.
Reply 205
Original post by rowntreepenguin

that's what i thought
Reply 206
what do people reckon the A* mark will be? Could it be as low as 95/100 do you think?
Reply 207
the lowest a* is june 201 which is 94 and i think it'll be around there because it was one of the hardest papers there has been
Original post by L1lly
Yeah I put miliard and got those answers too, I put copper yeah, what was before that? Fer or something

I put fer as metal but checked it and it means iron
Does 'no-one can deny that' take the subjunctive??
Original post by astevenson
Does 'no-one can deny that' take the subjunctive??

depends if you'd class it as an expression of certainty, as the subjunctive doesn't apply there. I was worried about it using the 'ne expletive' (if that's what that's called)
Original post by theravensdiadem
I put C,C,B,B,D,D for the first question and I'm worried because they're in pairs aha

I got pairs as well so that's a bit of a relief!
Reply 212
did anybody do question 13b for the essay?
I got CCCBDD for the first page but pretty sure that at least 1 isn't right
then for the second page i got that it was discrimination at work/about work and that it had been settled in court or something about justice, then i got that she was pregnant and she wanted to move and then for the third i got that it was online but i forgot about the 2nd point
what did people get for the things that were true with the family that had come from China to Belgium???
Original post by rowntreepenguin

I actually thought the Aqa vocab had it as to feed on?
Original post by rebecca30
YES that was the question I did!!! I did it on Louis Malle and basically just wrote about his influences, themes and techniques without linking them together because I wasn't sure what the question meant! Somebody please translate it for me and tell me what it was asking??
(Also yay I wrote la galere)

I wrote about Louis Malle, it asked whether his influences were stronger on his themes or the techniques, I decided themes because without the themes he wouldn't have been able to enorporate the techniques that he did?? I hope this was right
Reply 215
Original post by ucsvle
did anybody do question 13b for the essay?
I got CCCBDD for the first page but pretty sure that at least 1 isn't right
then for the second page i got that it was discrimination at work/about work and that it had been settled in court or something about justice, then i got that she was pregnant and she wanted to move and then for the third i got that it was online but i forgot about the 2nd point
what did people get for the things that were true with the family that had come from China to Belgium???

i put:
he was punished by the court (along those lines) and discrimination at work

she was pregnant and wanted to move house

racism online and he was dismissed from his job (démis was one of the words in the answer so i just guessed that because it said he lost his job in the passage)
Reply 216
Original post by Amykellow1011
I wrote about Louis Malle, it asked whether his influences were stronger on his themes or the techniques, I decided themes because without the themes he wouldn't have been able to enorporate the techniques that he did?? I hope this was right

yeah!! that was my exact line of argument as well :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 217
Original post by Jemma52
depends if you'd class it as an expression of certainty, as the subjunctive doesn't apply there. I was worried about it using the 'ne expletive' (if that's what that's called)

I put personne ne peut nier que.... that right? (no pas)
Original post by Megh01
I put personne ne peut nier que.... that right? (no pas)

Yeah since you've started with 'personne' you don't need the 'pas' - I put the same :smile:
Original post by tezzaa
yeah!! that was my exact line of argument as well :smile:

Ah fab!!! I didn't do very much on the choice of which was stronger, only a couple of paragraphs ://

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending