The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level German Unit 4 Thursday 16th June

Haven't seen any threads for this german exam, so I decided to make one! :smile: Any guesses for the writings?
Original post by Egge
Haven't seen any threads for this german exam, so I decided to make one! :smile: Any guesses for the writings?

If Tierversuche, or Abtreibung came up I would be so happy
I would do the literature essay as well and I pray it's themes or why the main character is important omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by d4rkshines_
If Tierversuche, or Abtreibung came up I would be so happy
I would do the literature essay as well and I pray it's themes or why the main character is important omg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't mind a nice Abtreibung question to come up, I think the Todesstrafe is quite likely too. I'm going to be choosing the historical/geographical essay question in the exam, so I hope at least one of the questions is nice.
Reply 3
I've been doing the creative pieces so I guess those can't be predicted.. but anything on themes or something for the literature question since cramming in extended knowledge is kind of difficult in 250 words.
Original post by Egge
Wouldn't mind a nice Abtreibung question to come up, I think the Todesstrafe is quite likely too. I'm going to be choosing the historical/geographical essay question in the exam, so I hope at least one of the questions is nice.

Oooo Todesstrafe would be good, ah fair enough c:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaylux
I've been doing the creative pieces so I guess those can't be predicted.. but anything on themes or something for the literature question since cramming in extended knowledge is kind of difficult in 250 words.

Yeah themes would be fab, and we've been thinking maybe something about the author will come up? Or how relevant is the book to a modern reader/authors life and things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
How are you guys feeling 1 week prior to the exam? Honestly can't wait to get it over with!
Original post by Egge
How are you guys feeling 1 week prior to the exam? Honestly can't wait to get it over with!

It's my last exam and I can't wait to do it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
By the way, does anyone have an essay/general ideas and points for Gleichberechtigung? Because I literally have nothing~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey guys, doing the historical essay but does anyone have any predictions for the discursive essays? :smile: Also wondering if anyone has any useful phrases or anything to help achieve top marks?
Reply 10
Original post by d4rkshines_
By the way, does anyone have an essay/general ideas and points for Gleichberechtigung? Because I literally have nothing~

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got no idea, I just hope it doesn't come up.. Maybe talk about die Rolle der Frau, or how people are treated differently in less developed countries and are forced to work long hours with low wages? idk
Original post by KingAweT
Hey guys, doing the historical essay but does anyone have any predictions for the discursive essays? :smile: Also wondering if anyone has any useful phrases or anything to help achieve top marks?

My teacher thinks Abtreibung could come up, but it's really hard to predict discursive essays so who know, could be anything. I'm not the best at German, but I'd recommend just checking that you're using a wide variety of ideas and not just limiting yourself to a few, as this usually drops your marks down by quite a bit.
Why do people think Abtreibung is likely to come up? It came up in June 12 and Edexcel don't normally tend to repeat essay titles.
Reply 12
Original post by KingAweT
Why do people think Abtreibung is likely to come up? It came up in June 12 and Edexcel don't normally tend to repeat essay titles.

You're probably right, I didn't even notice Abtreibung came up - was just passing on what I was told.
Reply 13
Good luck everyone!
Did anyone else find the discursive essay selection really hard? :frown: I ended up doing the one about the state paying the unemployed.
The discursive was weird af tbh, if anyone did the media question can someone tell me what they put? So I know if I'm right or wrong hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by nicolaroisin
Did anyone else find the discursive essay selection really hard? :frown: I ended up doing the one about the state paying the unemployed.

I ended up doing that one too
How did everyone find the research based essay questions?
Original post by Egge
I ended up doing that one too
How did everyone find the research based essay questions?

I did the historical study and that was about social changes in your chosen time period, which I thought went quite well. I didn't read the other questions so I'm not sure how good they were.
You see for the researches based essay questions I talked bout the indurstry one paticularly the kebab industry in hamburg as Im from there would I get away with fake facts but still very good structure and gramatic or does the facts matter ?
Reply 19
Original post by Tricksy13
You see for the researches based essay questions I talked bout the indurstry one paticularly the kebab industry in hamburg as Im from there would I get away with fake facts but still very good structure and gramatic or does the facts matter ?

Well, the quality of language is only worth 6 marks compared to reading, research and understanding which is worth 30 marks, so grammar isn't too important. You could get away with fake facts, depending how realistic they sound I guess haha. You've gotta have shown research and understanding of your topic to get top marks though.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending