The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lillah
Phew, I wrote about a longitudinal too. Pretty much the same points as you but it was really messy as I quickly did it after the 18 marker ^^

For the 18 marker what's the structure supposed to be like? Is it like a 12 marker but with extra marks for structure?
Reply 761
Original post by Julieplec
I think the answer was either longitudinal study or interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

Goldstein used MRI scans and was therefore conducted in a laboratory
Original post by harrietaa
Anyone else think the content analysis question was SO hard?! I panicked and wrote about Chi squared?! arghh because of time limits I found that really awful :frown:

It wasn't nice but why did you write about chi squared? I didn't, I wrote about stratified and random sampling, tallying the number of gender issues, writing a summary of each story, comparing results for interrater reliability, 5 stories for representative
Reply 763
Original post by FritoJane
Goldstein's main research method was the interview.

I lost 5 marks then :frown:
Reply 764
Original post by keyadeb

The whole 10 year study didn't take place in a laboratory setting though, I'm not sure if marks will be given for evaluating a lab experiment.
Original post by keyadeb

It was a 10 year longitudinal study though
Reply 766
For the 18 marker what's the structure supposed to be like? Is it like a 12 marker but with extra marks for structure?

Yeah it's just a 12 marker but with an added 6 marks for structure and grammar.

I think they're supposed to be fairly nice with marking the 18 because they know we're running out of time
(edited 7 years ago)
You know the question that listed the disorders and was like describe an explanation was it jist one explanation e.g. biological or was it also compere to another one e.g. learning?
Reply 768
Original post by Lillah
The whole 10 year study didn't take place in a laboratory setting though, I'm not sure if marks will be given for evaluating a lab experiment.

Our teacher never said it was a longitudinal study :frown:
I am really upset right now
Reply 769
Original post by nusrat_r
You know the question that listed the disorders and was like describe an explanation was it jist one explanation e.g. biological or was it also compere to another one e.g. learning?

You had to evaluate the explanation, and make 1 comparison about another explanation.

you had to evaluate the explanation not describe, but it was just the one

also one of the eval points had to be a comparison
Reply 771
It was a 10 year longitudinal study though

I might have lost all 5 marks then :frown:
Original post by keyadeb
I lost 5 marks then :frown:

There are two Goldstein studies: one in 1988 and one in 1999. The later one did use MRI scans and was a lab experiment, you will get marks.
It wasn't nice but why did you write about chi squared? I didn't, I wrote about stratified and random sampling, tallying the number of gender issues, writing a summary of each story, comparing results for interrater reliability, 5 stories for representative

Yeah I wrote about all of that too and added that onto the end in a panic ahah

It wasn't DESCRIBE, it was EVALUATE. You will get ZERO marks for describing.

I evaluated social learning theory compared with cognitive explanation
Original post by Lillah
Yeah it's just a 12 marker but with an added 6 marks for structure and grammar.

I think they're supposed to be fairly nice with marking the 18 because they know we're running out of time

Thank you! Yes, they should. Most people weren't able to finish it on time.
Reply 776
Thank you! Yes, they should. Most people weren't able to finish it on time.

I managed to finish on time but I had to cut a few questions short. I had to miss half of the question which asked about comparing two scientific research methods (with studies) because I couldn't remember any studies from the biological approach :frown: Hopefully I didn't miss out too many marks
Reply 777
Original post by tulipsinrain
There are two Goldstein studies: one in 1988 and one in 1999. The later one did use MRI scans and was a lab experiment, you will get marks.

Thank you, you clarified everything :smile:
Also, do you think that examiners would reward marks even if i didn't outline the disorder on the evaluation qs?
i did not see a blank space for disorder
Guys I'm worried still, for 9b I spoke about how the soldiers should be good at their roles as soldiers and how they should carry out duties effectively (using psychological theory and evaluating it obviously)

was this the right way to answer? or will i lose marks for talking about the soldiers more than the officers ?
Please help!I was rushed while doing the 18 marker and chose the 9b about the officers. I read the question as using 'psychodynamic' key concepts how can it help. So did my essay on that. I evaluated with biological and learning saying they oversimplified? What do you think I will be capped on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending