The Student Room Group

Comp2 Resit June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Ready guys??
Original post by KnightCode
Ready guys??

I guess, you?
Hoping I am. How would you define op-code & operand? Also for the demorgan laws A+ NOT A = 1

A•NOT A = 0
1 + NOT A = 1?
1+A = 1?

A+A = A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hassan Hassan
Hoping I am. How would you define op-code & operand? Also for the demorgan laws A+ NOT A = 1

A•NOT A = 0
1 + NOT A = 1?
1+A = 1?

A+A = A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Opcode - Executable binarycode

Operand - Represents a singleitem of data

and the rules are correct
How did everyone find it?
Does anyone remember any answers?
Original post by thelion786
How did everyone find it?

It was alright but 5c threw me off
Original post by alvlcomputing
Does anyone remember any answers?

I think 1 was the answer for Boolean algebra
@epic within Ah, I thought it was NOT A + NOT B
Reply 69
Original post by epic within
I think 1 was the answer for Boolean algebra

Nah it's NOTA+NOTB
I didn't like that exam. Plus how did people actually do the Boolean because if you did demorgan's law they're still NOT right? Oh and the fish tank boolean too?
It was tough
Original post by Ollu
Nah it's NOTA+NOTB

NOTA+NOTB simplifies again to NOT(A AND B)
Can anyone remember the fish tank Boolean? Was it like A.B + NOTJ . E (I don't know the exact symbols)
Pretty sure I mucked the boolean one up then :/. Did anyone else find that harder than the others papers or was it just me?
(edited 7 years ago)
Much harder than past papers I thought. The client server 6 marker threw me a little.
Reply 76
definitely a harder paper than the last three years i'd say.
Reply 77
For question 5c, did other people get that this was the correct steps David had to take?

He should launch the Telnet client on his laptop, and then establish a Telnet connection with the company's Telnet server.
From this Telnet connection, he should use the FTP client on the company server to connect to the security update's FTP server using his credentials.
Then, he should download the security update from their FTP server and install it on the Telnet connection.

The company servers FTP server and his laptop's FTP client were not required to update the company server, correct?
Original post by alvlcomputing
Can anyone remember the fish tank Boolean? Was it like A.B + NOTJ . E (I don't know the exact symbols)

yep i got that too
Original post by Mwo
For question 5c, did other people get that this was the correct steps David had to take?

He should launch the Telnet client on his laptop, and then establish a Telnet connection with the company's Telnet server.
From this Telnet connection, he should use the FTP client on the company server to connect to the security update's FTP server using his credentials.
Then, he should download the security update from their FTP server and install it on the Telnet connection.

The company servers FTP server and his laptop's FTP client were not required to update the company server, correct?

There lots of possible methods to be honest.

A) Using FTP to connect to the download site to download it and transfer it to this laptop, then ftp to this company server then use Telnet to install it.

btw i believe you get a mark for stating what a client is , another for what a server is and how they interact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending