The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Think I barely got S for STEP I.... Getting really worried about II and III for which I need to get S,1 in any order
Original post by Louisb19
Was ok.

No specifics... pls delete.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louisb19
Was ok.

blablabla

too much information?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ComputerMaths97
I've got to have got the lowest score of anyone taking STEP II and III xD

I assure you that you have not lol i doubt i even got a U if that is even possible
I think I barely got S for STEP I... Getting really worried for my STEP II and III for which I need to get S from either of them :frown:
Original post by gasfxekl
too much information?

Yep, and you need to delete the quote. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yep, and you need to delete the quote. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i just did :P
Ooops.
Is the TSR Latex compiler giving everyone trouble, or is something wrong with just my server?

It's rather troubling because some of the answers on the solutions threads are completely in latex, and you can't make out a word of them
Original post by Student_2357
It's one of the hardest STEP 1 papers I've done so I think the grade boundaries will be similar to the last two years, probably got 45-47, so I think I scraped a 2. Comparing this to some ridiculously easy STEP 1's (2010/2013) is quite annoying.

Personally I found 2015 really easy (comfortable S) but did terribly in this paper, not an accurate reflection of my performance in mocks at all.
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Personally I found 2015 really easy (comfortable S) but did terribly in this paper, not an accurate reflection of my performance in mocks at all.

When you say terrible... does that mean you didn't get over 100? :biggrin:
What is allowed to talk about and what is not allowed to talk about regarding today's paper? I thought we can't even talk about the level of difficulty, I really don't want the grade boundaries to go up :frown:
Original post by js.int
When you say terrible... does that mean you didn't get over 100? :biggrin:

I didn't get an S I assure you that. Even though I did on 2013,14,15...
Original post by Melanie Leconte
What is allowed to talk about and what is not allowed to talk about regarding today's paper? I thought we can't even talk about the level of difficulty, I really don't want the grade boundaries to go up :frown:

the grade boundaries will only go up if people find out what was on the test before they sit for it and know the answers. Talking about the difficulty doesn't help anyone
Original post by Student_2357
It's one of the hardest STEP 1 papers I've done so I think the grade boundaries will be similar to the last two years, probably got 45-47, so I think I scraped a 2. Comparing this to some ridiculously easy STEP 1's (2010/2013) is quite annoying.

How many questions/parts of questions did you answer because I also plan on scraping a 2 :biggrin: thanks
btw if you want to reply tomorrow so as not to help Australians that is cool
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by porridgepie
I assure you that you have not lol i doubt i even got a U if that is even possible

Ah damn it's nice to know someone else had a hard time :biggrin:
Hint for all thos to sit.
Integral of k is kx.
Yes I made that mistake and it has cost me a very a good score dropping around 10-15 marks because of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Melanie Leconte

edited to say: no discussion about the paper at all :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
I'm imagining some evil Australian mathmos poring over our posts on TSR, looking for hints for the STEP exam :rofl:

(though perhaps Australians sit the exam before us, who knows)

How about Korean/Chinese mathmos ? :tongue:
Original post by jneill
I think you can safely say the paper was difficult (if that's what you thought) but not that (for example and I don't know if it was as I didn't sit the paper) that question 2 was difficult.

Thank you for the reply, very kind :smile:

If many start talking about the questions numbers and how difficult or easy they are, wouldn't that be helpful with the picking of questions...just thinking nervelessly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending