The Student Room Group

Donald Trump calls for Barack Obama to resign in wake of Orlando shooting

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chakede
except that he called the police himself to proclaim alleigance for islamic state - and its revealed now he was interviewed by fbi before for contact with a past amercian IS bomber ...

besides whcih fundametalist islamists all have violently homophobic views

Oh so you've listened to the phonecall. Are you part of the FBI? All you have is information that has been selectively released to further their bs agenda. Stop jumping ahead of yourself before all the information is released.
Original post by Delilah234
This is another thread about Trump and the stupid things he has to say. The shooter was a Muslim only by birth as his parents said he was not a practising Muslim in the years leading up to his foolish actions. Let's not try to overshadow what has gone on here, this is simply a case of a deranged man who has somehow been allowed to own guns. He was homophobic and this was an act against the LGBT+ community. It has nothing to do with ISIS. Jesus, this website sometimes. The real issue should be working to change the bloody gun laws in America. It is not an act of terrorism, just homophobia at play.

I'm sorry but that makes no sense. This man was known to the FBI as an ISIS sympathiser. He pledged allegiance to them during the attack. ISIS' is probably the most homophobic organisation on earth.

Why are you so desperate to downplay the danger of Islamist terrorism? It's only three months since the Brussels bombing killed 35 and 6 months since 150 died in Paris. Are you going to tell us that they also had nothing to do with ISIS and nothing to do with religion?

You can't become an ISIS member without first being Muslim, and you don't continue to be a member without adhering to fundamentalist Islamic interpretations. The amount of deflection I've seen the last couple of days is astounding
Original post by Delilah234
Oh so you've listened to the phonecall. Are you part of the FBI? All you have is information that has been selectively released to further their bs agenda. Stop jumping ahead of yourself before all the information is released.

whatever info and how much is released will all come from the fbi - that is how we all find out about this stuff einstein :rolleyes;
they have already confirmed the rumours of his link to is and indeed another previous islamic terrorist. so there is no doubt he hated gays but prob because he was yet another islamist . the scandal now is why wasnt he further monitored or at least flagged up when he bought these guns 3 days ago
Honestly, I find this all a bit baffling. The tweet is a bit vague, but if we take it that he considers it a problem, Trump was indeed "right on radical Islamic terrorism". There's absolutely no doubt. Nor is there any doubt that we should be up front about our problem with Islam, which we rightly have been doing.

Gun rights are ingrained in Trump's psyche. He'd consider gun control legislation a violation of the Constitution's sanctity. You know, that thing that was written in 1787. Whilst we (rightly) boot off about a book that was also written in obsolete time.

Enough whataboutery, on a practical level. What happens if Trump is elected? He stands by gun rights, makes them easier to obtain than cannabis and then bans Muslims from entering and ostracises a proportion of the settled population. Now I'm not seeking to pander to Muslims. But I'm not sure it's a good idea to hold these two principles at the same time...

Basically, Trump must want civil war.
Reply 44
Original post by rockrunride
Honestly, I find this all a bit baffling. The tweet is a bit vague, but if we take it that he considers it a problem, Trump was indeed "right on radical Islamic terrorism". There's absolutely no doubt. Nor is there any doubt that we should be up front about our problem with Islam, which we rightly have been doing.

Gun rights are ingrained in Trump's psyche. He'd consider gun control legislation a violation of the Constitution's sanctity. You know, that thing that was written in 1787. Whilst we (rightly) boot off about a book that was also written in obsolete time.

Enough whataboutery, on a practical level. What happens if Trump is elected? He stands by gun rights, makes them easier to obtain than cannabis and then bans Muslims from entering and ostracises a proportion of the settled population. Now I'm not seeking to pander to Muslims. But I'm not sure it's a good idea to hold these two principles at the same time...

Basically, Trump must want civil war.

Except trump was asked
Q: But under current law people on the watch list are allowed to buy guns.
TRUMP: If somebody is on a watch list and an enemy of state and we know it's an enemy of state, I would keep them away, absolutely.

Hilary just wants any war that's why she was called a war hawk.
Reply 45
Original post by stevey396
Trump's the only person who can deal with these kind of attacks by Muslims. The sooner November comes and he's elected the better.

The problem is even Trump probably wouldn't be able to deal with "these kind of attacks"

While there's a risk,to say the least,that he could invite more of them.

Mind you I really really want him to win.

I'm having nightmares of a Clinton/Remain double :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by moggis
The problem is even Trump probably wouldn't be able to deal with "these kind of attacks"While there's a risk,to say the least,that he could invite more of them.Mind you I really really want him to win.I'm having nightmares of a Clinton/Remain double :frown:
There is a 6 point lead for Brexit in the last poll.
Reply 47
Original post by Josb
There is a 6 point lead for Brexit in the last poll.

Yeah but I go by the bookies odds.

Plus I think a lot of people will chicken out.
Original post by moggis
The problem is even Trump probably wouldn't be able to deal with "these kind of attacks"

While there's a risk,to say the least,that he could invite more of them.

Mind you I really really want him to win.

I'm having nightmares of a Clinton/Remain double :frown:

surely ppl who want trump to win / Uk to leave, eu to collapse - jsut to see the world go into meltdown.

...next step , park a nuke next door to russia
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Chakede
surely ppl who want trump to win / Uk to leave, eu to collapse - jsut to see the world go into meltdown.

Do they? Well they will be sorely disappointed .

But I will admit that I'm motivated by the sheer entertainment value that certain events can hopefully bring.

Trump as President would I think put a smile on my face just about every time I see him.

While it will be absolutely fascinating to see whether all the doomsayers were right about brexit and whether France and Germany will be cutting off their noses....etc etc

God isn't life wonderful!?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Chakede

They already tried that before, Russia didn't take it very well.....
Original post by 41b
Lol.

Trump makes a speech.

Leftist lunatics attack Trump and Trump supporters.

It's Trump's fault!one!221

Hmmm... why didn't the so called "leftist lunatics" attack Rubio or Cruz or Kasich or any of their supporters?

One with common sense would suggest Trump is the problem.
Original post by Trapz99
Honestly, Obama needs to stop being politically correct and call this attack what it is- Islamic terrorism. We need to acknowledge a problem if we want to solve it.

What about any of the many shootings carried out by Christians in America over the past while? Is that Christian Terrorism .. ?
Reply 53
Original post by ExamBuddy101
What about any of the many shootings carried out by Christians in America over the past while? Is that Christian Terrorism .. ?

Most of these shootings weren't done in the name of Jesus Christ, whilst the recent terrorist attacks were committed by people shouting Allah Akbar.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 54
America's going to hell if they the trump becomes president.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhiteMan16

Oh absolutely.

I'm sure in a room packed with over 100 people it'll be very easy to know who is shooting who, especially if multiple people have guns and try to be heroes. Genius! :wink:
Original post by KingBradly
Nope, he's addressing a serious problem.

Like poor gun control, poor support for those with mental health problems and homophobia?

Original post by stevey396
Trump's the only person who can deal with these kind of attacks by Muslims. The sooner November comes and he's elected the better.
What is he going to do about it?
Original post by Trill
America's going to hell if they the trump becomes president.

Hillary's far "worse" if you like.

Original post by HucktheForde
Says diego costa, whos antics is indifferentiable from trump supporters

What about the much more severe violence from the anti-Trump folk.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by TaintedLight
Hmmm... why didn't the so called "leftist lunatics" attack Rubio or Cruz or Kasich or any of their supporters?

One with common sense would suggest Trump is the problem.

Why do rapists rape weak looking women? Those women have a problem!
Reply 59
Original post by Diego Costa
Hillary's far "worse" if you like.

There's a conspiracy saying that Hillary will only be a figurehead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending