The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by keyadeb
Thank you, you clarified everything :smile:
Also, do you think that examiners would reward marks even if i didn't outline the disorder on the evaluation qs?
i did not see a blank space for disorder

If all you forgot was to write the name I doubt they won't count the marks, a lot of people are rushing and probably forgot to put it down
I used gottesman and shields for my procedure explanation and then evaluated twin studies, is that correct?
Original post by Chicken1234
I used gottesman and shields for my procedure explanation and then evaluated twin studies, is that correct?

yes
Original post by Sallaaaayy
yes

Thank God! I've been worrying about that all afternoon
Reply 784
Original post by Tillybikky
Please help!I was rushed while doing the 18 marker and chose the 9b about the officers. I read the question as using 'psychodynamic' key concepts how can it help. So did my essay on that. I evaluated with biological and learning saying they oversimplified? What do you think I will be capped on?

What psychodynamic concepts did you write about?
Original post by Jablonski
Why wouldn't you do the second essay?? It was a dream! The clinical section was beautiful, although I evaluated interviews as the main research method for Mumford and whitehouse, and someone pointed out its main meas a questionairre. I imagine that if that matters, there's preobably still a 3 mark cap for evaluating a research method, but the wrong one.

The science questions were eh, as was the content analysis, but overall I'm fairly confident I've got my A star. Note to future self that if when the grade boundaries come through its 60/90 for an A star again I've probably certainly got it. Haha thanks student room

What theories did you write about??
For the health contribution could you use aversion therapy as opposed to Frank?
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Bubbles66
oh sugar, im not definitely sure but i thought that it was about psychological theories that could help the officers job :/ tbh those theories still apply so its fine! i did agency theory and social learning theory, im worried that SLT isn't right :frown:

Omg thank god I'm not the only one! I did agency theory and social learning theory too, but let's just pray it's right 😭😂
Reply 789
Original post by Sallaaaayy
I mentioned soldiers and how they should learn to be good soldiers and effective at their roles (using psychological theory obviously)

was that the right way of doing so?

i did this as well i did sfp and slt, so should be labelled as good soldiers or watch others, is that the correct way ? im terrified
Original post by Lillah
What psychodynamic concepts did you write about?

Erm free association, gender development (Oedipus and Electra) and personality development. So. Random 😭
Wow some people are really confident on how many marks they got, I didn't even have time to count how many I thought I got :s-smilie:
I'm just trying to repress this exam now:laugh: Clinical was great but on my issues and debates I didn't finish a lot of questions, I had to rush and move on and leave some unfinished
Reply 792
could someone please help im currently panicking, i dont think i answered 9b correct, i wrote methods officers could implement to make soldiers better like slt and sfp. is that correct ? if not will i gain any marks at all, because im currently terrified
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Wow some people are really confident on how many marks they got, I didn't even have time to count how many I thought I got :s-smilie:
I'm just trying to repress this exam now:laugh: Clinical was great but on my issues and debates I didn't finish a lot of questions, I had to rush and move on and leave some unfinished

Which questions did you miss?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Julieplec
Which questions did you miss?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't really 'missed' as such, more I started them and needed to move on. I remember my evaluation for the research method for the study only had like 3 points (I think it was a 5 marker?), the compare biological and social as a science only had like 3 points and I think that was a 5 marker too.

I'm not exactly too upset over it because at least I didn't miss out an entire question but I mean if I miss my grade by a couple of UMS I'll be upset hahah but I guess I have till August to find that out
Original post by rrayhan
could someone please help im currently panicking, i dont think i answered 9b correct, i wrote methods officers could implement to make soldiers better like slt and sfp. is that correct ? if not will i gain any marks at all, because im currently terrified

I wrote about how the soldiers should be good at their jobs so i'm not sureee, :frown:

I'm scared I've answered the question wrong

Your theories seem fine though
For Mumford & whitehouse I wrote about interviews instead no idea why, will I get no marks?
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
It wasn't really 'missed' as such, more I started them and needed to move on. I remember my evaluation for the research method for the study only had like 3 points (I think it was a 5 marker?), the compare biological and social as a science only had like 3 points and I think that was a 5 marker too.

I'm not exactly too upset over it because at least I didn't miss out an entire question but I mean if I miss my grade by a couple of UMS I'll be upset hahah but I guess I have till August to find that out

Oh right so at least you've got some marks then and not completely missed them out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophiebarrett
For Mumford & whitehouse I wrote about interviews instead no idea why, will I get no marks?

Interviews are a research method, that's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Julieplec
Interviews are a research method, that's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but the research method for mumford & whitehouse is questionnaires

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending