The Student Room Group

AQA AS FP1 Further Pure 1 15th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Just thought I would make a thread pre-exam, seeing as there isn't one already!

How's everyone's revision going?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Revision's going alright, I like FP1. I seem to have loads of time to revise for it seeing as all of the maths and further maths exams are really spaced out, and I have so many maths lessons haha, I don't really have enough revision to be getting on with! Yourself? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Revision's going alright, I like FP1. I seem to have loads of time to revise for it seeing as all of the maths and further maths exams are really spaced out, and I have so many maths lessons haha, I don't really have enough revision to be getting on with! Yourself? :smile:

Yeah me too, got a week between each further maths exam! Just kinda wish i could do it now so i've got enough time really get on with my applied modules like M1 and D2 haha
What other further maths modules are you doing this year?
Original post by brodingoson
Yeah me too, got a week between each further maths exam! Just kinda wish i could do it now so i've got enough time really get on with my applied modules like M1 and D2 haha
What other further maths modules are you doing this year?

Yeah haha, I've just been focusing on the sciences so far. At my school we do D1 for normal maths, and then M1 and D2 for further
Reply 4
Yeah haha, I've just been focusing on the sciences so far. At my school we do D1 for normal maths, and then M1 and D2 for further

That's exactly the same as me! How have your core 1 and 2 gone?
That's exactly the same as me! How have your core 1 and 2 gone?

really, really well thank you! I think I only made one silly mistake out of the two which is definitely a record for me :biggrin: How about you?
Reply 6
really, really well thank you! I think I only made one silly mistake out of the two which is definitely a record for me :biggrin: How about you?

Made a silly error on Core 1 and a few 1 mark errors on Core 2 but other than that really well :smile:
Made a silly error on Core 1 and a few 1 mark errors on Core 2 but other than that really well :smile:

Aww good, well done!
Any predictions??
Just with going from my gut and from the paper I sat last year, my guess is newton raphson is not going to appear
I really want this paper to have series, roots of quadratics and trig to come up, but not linear laws - my values are always too inaccurate for the mark scheme :s-smilie:
I'm also doing this tomorrow!

Does anyone have any examples or questions for the sum of the odds / evens questions, or sum of the squares for the odds and evens ?
This really confused me, I've only seen it come up once maybe
Original post by Toxicspoon
Just with going from my gut and from the paper I sat last year, my guess is newton raphson is not going to appear

Which numerical methods do you think could come up then ?
Reply 13
Does anyone know if you'd loose marks if you used methods from fp2 but still get the right answer
Original post by Hjyu1
Does anyone know if you'd loose marks if you used methods from fp2 but still get the right answer

I'm not entirely sure, but my teacher told me that I could use fp4 methods for the matrices if I needed to and it would be fine
So I'd guess it should be okay ?
Original post by Hjyu1

I think it's okay, as long as you use the FP1 methods for questions that say you must do so. For example, to find stationary points on graphs with asymptotes, do not use differentiation!! - It tells you not to
Can someone explain to me why the angle of reflection is 105 degrees for part ii?
[QUOTE=TheLifelessRobot;65793593]Can someone explain to me why the angle of reflection is 105 degrees for part ii?

I honestly don't know, I was so confused with the mark scheme! I think I got 45 or something like that. I got the enlargement bit right though haha
Reply 18
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
Can someone explain to me why the angle of reflection is 105 degrees for part ii?

If my memory serves me right. Cos2theta =cos210 so then divide theta by 2= 105
Original post by Hjyu1
If my memory serves me right. Cos2theta =cos210 so then divide theta by 2= 105

Here's the mark scheme, when you get the value of theta using the reflection matrix you get a completely different value for theta.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending