The Student Room Group

Aqa june 2016 chemistry unit 4

Well I guess that went badly... 50 for a C hopefully?
Anyone make a markscheme?

Protonated b?
Orders? 1 and 0?
Ka not for acids because completely dissociated?
2nd last question nice empirical formula
Last question deadly - 9 marks for a primary alcohol

Scroll to see replies

i'm guessing the end N was protonated due to the inductive effect, making the lone pairs more prominent, hence a better base.
I got 1st for D and 2nd for E (Is this Question 6)
Original post by shellypatel2
i'm guessing the end N was protonated due to the inductive effect, making the lone pairs more prominent, hence a better base.
I got 1st for D and 2nd for E (Is this Question 6)

Yeh i got 1st and 2nd order aswell,
That paper was honestly really bad so many hard questions.... hopefully the grade boundaries will be really low
Think you had to say the electrons in a are delocalised into the benzene ring too :/ but I don't know the paper was crazy
Reply 5
Anyone else get a cyclic compound when ethanal reacts with ethan-1,2-diol?
anybody brave enough to scan in a drawing of/describe the structure they got for the last 9 marker?
Reply 7
[video="youtube;RXthYHvOSn0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXthYHvOSn0[/video]

Hitler reacts hahaha
Original post by Rid123
Anyone else get a cyclic compound when ethanal reacts with ethan-1,2-diol?

I didnt :/ i got ch3-coo-ch2-ch2oh i rushed that question coz i left it till the end:s-smilie:
Reply 9
I got a tertiary alcohol on the last question but realised that it was supposed to be a primary/secondary right at the end, reckon i'd get chemical error on it even though I identified the groups correctly just didn't put them together right
Reply 10
Original post by Z_A101
I got a tertiary alcohol on the last question but realised that it was supposed to be a primary/secondary right at the end, reckon i'd get chemical error on it even though I identified the groups correctly just didn't put them together right

I did the exact same thing ahah, but we will get some method marks for identifing certain groups i think.
Reply 11
Original post by Rid123
I did the exact same thing ahah, but we will get some method marks for identifing certain groups i think.

I hope so buddy xD
Did anyone have a go at the question where you had to suggest why the salt of lidocaine was preferred over lidocaine itself?
I got 2 and 0 but hey its all over.
Original post by kimmii97
Did anyone have a go at the question where you had to suggest why the salt of lidocaine was preferred over lidocaine itself?

Yes. In the previous question it was established that one of the nitrogen atoms were protonated in lidocaine hydrochloric acid.

Being protonated, and water in blood being polar, lidocaine hydrochloric acid will be soluble in the blood (hence preferred for medical use.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Angel95726
That paper was honestly really bad so many hard questions.... hopefully the grade boundaries will be really low

Like what apart from the last one?
Reply 16
for question 9 CH3-O-CH2-CH2-C(CH3)2-OH is what i got, 5 H N.M.R things, and they fit all of the criteria on the table
What was the test to distinguish the acyl chloride from that other compound? I put water because it would react with acyl chloride and make steamy fumes (hcl) but they both had a chlorine atom on them I think? Anyone shed some light?
Original post by big-ben
for question 9 CH3-O-CH2-CH2-C(CH3)2-OH is what i got, 5 H N.M.R things, and they fit all of the criteria on the table

That isn't readily oxidised by potassium dichromate tho as its a 3' so CH3-O-C(CH3)2-CH2-CH2-OH
Is what I put.
Original post by dilutenitricacid
anybody brave enough to scan in a drawing of/describe the structure they got for the last 9 marker?

ch3-o-c(ch3)2-ch2-ch2-oh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending