The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Good paper but i always ran out of time :frown: only got two points in for party decline and pgs comtroversial questions on 15 marker :frown: what am i limited to?
They were quite long tho tbf lol
Original post by nta786
Good paper but i always ran out of time :frown: only got two points in for party decline and pgs comtroversial questions on 15 marker :frown: what am i limited to?
They were quite long tho tbf lol

What did you put for pressure groups being controversial

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone eel do the Latino voting none? Do you think it's okay to say key issues were immigration reform, abortion and voting restrictions. Like in Texas you can vote with a gun license and not a student card or employment card and there are many Latino's in texas ect, they're also likely to be poorer and not own a gun or support gun regulation so would be unlikely to have a gun license, moving them more towards voting for the Democrats?
Original post by Anonymous_18
What did people write for pressure groups being controversial? I put the revolving door syndrome, iron triangles, regulatory capture/direct action..
And what are your predictions for unit 4C?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said - Lobbying = elitism
- Propositions proposed by pressure groups can undermine minority rights
- Methods e.g. Illegal direct action
Reply 304
Original post by Anonymous_18
What did you put for pressure groups being controversial

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 paragraph on revolving door and 1 paragraph on iron triangles and i didnt have enough time to write a third point- would've probably been about how money effects things but no time lol :/
Reply 305
Original post by MelissaaC
Did anyone eel do the Latino voting none? Do you think it's okay to say key issues were immigration reform, abortion and voting restrictions. Like in Texas you can vote with a gun license and not a student card or employment card and there are many Latino's in texas ect, they're also likely to be poorer and not own a gun or support gun regulation so would be unlikely to have a gun license, moving them more towards voting for the Democrats?

My first point was about immigration so they push towards Democrat, my second point was about how some have Christian views, and my third point I hadn't much clue so on the spot I talked about how Latinos are poorer than white counterparts so like the Democrat's view of increasing minimum wage! but that question wasn't very good :frown: i'm gonna forget the paper and move on now though- 4C here we come! :frown:
what did people get for the EC 45 marker?? i didnt have many recent examples :frown:
Original post by nta786
My first point was about immigration so they push towards Democrat, my second point was about how some have Christian views, and my third point I hadn't much clue so on the spot I talked about how Latinos are poorer than white counterparts so like the Democrat's view of increasing minimum wage! but that question wasn't very good :frown: i'm gonna forget the paper and move on now though- 4C here we come! :frown:

yh my point were similar i said they were poorer - healthcare-
affirmative action
i think the question was "Assess the arguments which support the theory for party decline"
So the people who predicted the 15 markers so brilliantly, do you have any ideas for 4C lol?
Original post by nta786

Ye I also did immigration, republicans conservative views and idea of stricter borders makes it clear Lainos will prefer voting for democrats. There policy's such as dream act are much more compelling. Also did religion and how democrats liberal stance on abortion and gay rights may push religious Latinos to gop. Final point was the attempts for each party to place Latinos in highly regarded political positions. Obama placing sonya sotmayor on the supreme court and republican presidential nomination candidates ted crus and marco Rubio may have been reasons for Latinos voting for either party.
Did anyone do the pressure group 45 marker? What did you say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wania98
please someone tell me the full party decline question

first : lost communication
second: lost power over nomination- however, hunt commission ( super delegates)
third: organisation use political advisers rather than parties
NOW FOR 4C!
what are people expecting to come up?
Original post by wania98
please someone tell me the full party decline question

Assess the arguments for party decline. I did increase in pressure groups. Decrease in the control of the presidential nomination process. Increase in issue based campaigns instead of party centred campaigns.
what did it mean by political impact of affirmative action? like number of minorties now in congress?
Party decline my points were that the parties have lost control of the nomination process - in 1968 the Dems were able to nominate Humphrey even though he didn't win any primaries whereas 2016 Trump won the GOP nomination despite the party being against him. Also the rise of new media like email and the internet has meant a decline in the role parties play in communicating information between Congress members and voters and this is shown by the fact that members of Congress vote more for the local issues than party line. Then finally that there has been an increase in split ticket and independent voting showing that people vote more based off candidates and individual campaigns than off their party affiliation.

Pressure groups being controversial I said the role of money - candidates need money to campaign and pressure groups want influence so this can lead to corruption, Kennedy said America has the finest Congress money can buy. Then talked about iron triangles and used the example of the MIC with military lobby groups, the defense department and military committees. It creates sub government and them serving their own interests. Finally I wrote about direct action and the methods that some environmentalist groups use are illegal and controversial.

Caucuses I said they're not better than primaries. Although caucuses can lead to a greater level of knowledge from voters because of the debates which take place before the vote, caucuses are too advantageous to populist candidates like Bernie Sanders who's ideas would not work in political reality and more centrist and better candidates are disadvantaged like Clinton (I don't actually think this). Also talked about people being more educated anyway without the need for debate because of the excitement around primaries recently such as the Dem race in 08 and both races this year, people do their own research.
Original post by Tezcatlipoca12
Party decline my points were that the parties have lost control of the nomination process - in 1968 the Dems were able to nominate Humphrey even though he didn't win any primaries whereas 2016 Trump won the GOP nomination despite the party being against him. Also the rise of new media like email and the internet has meant a decline in the role parties play in communicating information between Congress members and voters and this is shown by the fact that members of Congress vote more for the local issues than party line. Then finally that there has been an increase in split ticket and independent voting showing that people vote more based off candidates and individual campaigns than off their party affiliation.

Pressure groups being controversial I said the role of money - candidates need money to campaign and pressure groups want influence so this can lead to corruption, Kennedy said America has the finest Congress money can buy. Then talked about iron triangles and used the example of the MIC with military lobby groups, the defense department and military committees. It creates sub government and them serving their own interests. Finally I wrote about direct action and the methods that some environmentalist groups use are illegal and controversial.

Caucuses I said they're not better than primaries. Although caucuses can lead to a greater level of knowledge from voters because of the debates which take place before the vote, caucuses are too advantageous to populist candidates like Bernie Sanders who's ideas would not work in political reality and more centrist and better candidates are disadvantaged like Clinton (I don't actually think this). Also talked about people being more educated anyway without the need for debate because of the excitement around primaries recently such as the Dem race in 08 and both races this year, people do their own research.

If anyone wants me to share what I wrote for the 45 (Electoral College) then just say.
Reply 318
Guys 3C is done.

Let's think about 4C predictions now!
Whats everyone thinking?
Reply 319
4C predictions? 3C was a nice paper!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending