The Student Room Group

Cut off a friend and she texted me asking what’s up??

Its not as drastic as cutting her off but I was in a really bad state and my school counsellor advised to try and see less of people u know make you feel worst. And its this girl. Unfortunately, she’s my ‘best friend’ but we have both changed so much and outgrown each other it drains so much of my energy having to be around her. So I have been ignoring her and avoiding her which is kind of hard to do when you share the same group of friends. Anyhow, she’s just texted me and I can only see the first 4 or 5 lines saying how she’s a bit confused bc I have been ignoring her and I’ve been offered by her and I don’t know what to reply or whether I should even reply because I would rather do it face to face but she doesn’t take things too lightly and she probably won’t understand my reasoning and its just tooooo muuuuuch
Original post by Anonymous
Its not as drastic as cutting her off but I was in a really bad state and my school counsellor advised to try and see less of people u know make you feel worst. And its this girl. Unfortunately, she’s my ‘best friend’ but we have both changed so much and outgrown each other it drains so much of my energy having to be around her. So I have been ignoring her and avoiding her which is kind of hard to do when you share the same group of friends. Anyhow, she’s just texted me and I can only see the first 4 or 5 lines saying how she’s a bit confused bc I have been ignoring her and I’ve been offered by her and I don’t know what to reply or whether I should even reply because I would rather do it face to face but she doesn’t take things too lightly and she probably won’t understand my reasoning and its just tooooo muuuuuch

I think that u should just relax first of all and then just maybe tell her face-to-face what has been going on and what u are feeling, im sure she will understand, we girls are pretty sensitive and delicate in these matters, so we would understand, so im sure she will as well :smile:
If she hasn't done anything wrong as such, I think you do need to speak to her.
Sometimes you've gotta be ruthless and cut away the crap to better yourself.
Hmmm, difficult. If you didn't share a friendship group I would say the simple answer would be just to stop speaking to them.

As that isn't an option, you've got two routes really. 1 Be honest that you find her a negative influence and you've been advised to limit your contact for your own benefit. 2 Just constantly tell her you're busy etc. until she gets the message. Potentially actually be busy (with work, other people, whatever) so that she can't call you out when you've time for other people.

Realistically either of these (or my first suggestion for that matter) will probably lead to some sort of drama within the friendship group, so I'd be prepared for that.

Hope your situation improves.
Ignore her?
If you see her in person say you just need a break. [in a tactful way]
Original post by Anonymous

That's hard. Would it be possible to explain how she has been making you feel? Explain that, if she doesn't change then you really can't have her in your life. Then, if she genuinely does want to be your friend, she will make an effort. If she doesn't, then she isn't worth caring about and will stop bothering you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending